M3: Nurlan & Mordik (Patlin judging)

Manzanita

First Post
Nurlan and Mordlik bid farewell to their remaining companions and set off towards town. They ride down a gentle slope, past numerous ripe fields, into the small town. They can see, to the west, silohetted against the sea, a tower jutting out into the sky from a small rocky island. To the East a small castle tops a hill on the edge of town. The town itself consists of several dozen small buildings scattered leisurly amidst vegitable patches and trees, along a handful of dirt roads. The Inn is quickly spotted, being near the edge of town on the road north to Monemvassia. It is a single story structure, with a stone foundation, and wooden upperworks. In front, a large green sign reads: “House of Abraham. Food, lodging and Ale.” In the center is a picture of a smiling bearded man holding a tankard. The grounds around the inn contain a large red barn, corral for horses, a tool shed and a garden. A number of trees and bushes grow in the area.

In front of the inn sits a figure in a tattered cloak, hands gripping a tin cup in his lap.

NakuruSai: [sblock]Mordlik has a very low charisma. This will count in this game. Is this because he is ugly? Doesn't bathe? bad breath? ornery personality? poor self-image? Some combination? Can you give me something to work with there? [/sblock]

orsal

LEW Judge
Nurlan drops a copper coin into the cup as he sings a couple of lines out of an old greeting song:

"May you be well.
May all your days be good to you..."

Manzanita

First Post
"Thanks, kindly," says the begger, fingering the coin. "A copper don't buy much these days....say, where you from?"

Spot check DC 12: [sblock]The man looks very clean to be a begger.[/sblock]

orsal

LEW Judge
Manzanita said:
"Thanks, kindly," says the begger, fingering the coin. "A copper don't buy much these days....say, where you from?"

"I'm from Lhondaio", replies Nurlan, "although I haven't been back there for a while. I'm a minstrel, travelling the world entertaining people."

OOC: Spot 11+0=11. Not quite perceptive enough!

Last edited:

NakuruSai

First Post
OOC: Mordik puts very little into his appearance, his beard and hair are usually quite dissheveled, and he can be gruff sometimes.

Mordik follows behind Nurlan and eyes (19) the man warily. He casually puts a hand over his own coinpurse, staying silent, and keeps an eye on the beggar.

Manzanita

First Post
"A minstrel?" the man asks. "How exciting!" He rises and follows the pair into the inn. As they enter, he shouts to those inside, "A minstrel! Here to entertain us."

Nurlan and Mordik observe the following. The 25 foot square room is lit by four large candle chandeliers. Candles also burn by the four booths and the large table in the southwest. Near the center of the room are four tables with four chairs each. Beyond the tables stands a bar with six stools.

The south wall holds four booths with tall partitions that go to the ceiling. Each booth can hold four characters comfortably. In the southwest corner is a large round table with eight chairs around it. There is a door behind the bar, a door next to the last booth and a pair of swinging doors on the north wall.

At the bar sit an elven man, a human woman, and Tenebrynn, engaged in conversation together, and with a man with a waxed mustache and a red vest under an apron behind the bar. There is also a bearded man with a long black pony tail cleaning glasses behind the bar.
At a circular table sit 5 people. Two armed and armored humans. One armed and armored half orc. One human woman wearing wizard robes, and one nicely dressed human male, with a pencil moustache, and a broadsword.

At a square table sit two men. One is short and wears a sword. The other may be a Halfling, beardless dwarf, or human midget. It’s hard to tell. He wears leather armor and a sword.

Behind the bar stands a man with a waxed mustache in a red vest under an apron.

Two young men dash around bringing food and drinks. There are two empty tables.

orsal

LEW Judge
Nurlan greets the mustached man behind the bar. "Good evening, sir. My name is Nurlan, and my friend and I would like a room in your fine inn. As you may have just heard from the gentleman I met outside, I am a travelling musician, and once Mordik and I have settled in I would also appreciate the chance to sing for your patrons."

Manzanita

First Post
Abraham

"Ah. Yes, of course. You are welcome here. We have several rooms available. They all have two beds. They are 12 s.p. per night." He pulls a bood out from beneath the counter, and writes in it briefly, and takes the money. "Show them to room 1, quickly now." he shouts to a serving boy. "We want them back in for entertainment!"

NakuruSai

First Post
Manzanita said:
"Ah. Yes, of course. You are welcome here. We have several rooms available. They all have two beds. They are 12 s.p. per night." He pulls a bood out from beneath the counter, and writes in it briefly, and takes the money. "Show them to room 1, quickly now." he shouts to a serving boy. "We want them back in for entertainment!"
Mordik rustles in his moneypouch, takes out 6sp and slaps the money down on the counter in front of the innkeeper.
[smallcaps]
'ere's my payment. Could you fix a quick meal for me, before I help Nurlan perform? It's been quite a day.
[/smallcaps]

orsal

LEW Judge
Nurlan also hands over 6 sp and goes with Mordik and the boy to the room. Once the boy has left, Nurlan changes into his entertainer's outfit. He then gets out his longspear, rope and grappling hook, ties the rope to the hook, and tells Mordik,

"Here's what I need you to do. When I sing the Epic of Groshk the Noble Savage, you hand me the spear. I'll introduce the song, I'll say something like `This is the story of Groshk the famous Noble Savage of Bithiria', so that you know it's coming. At the end fo the song I'll give it back to you. When I do Alina the Explorer, hand me the hook and rope. To keep it simple, I think those are the only songs I'll do with props tonight."

Remove ads