Clutches of Evil - IC: Chapter One

unleashed

First Post
Keryth, Male Drakontos Cleric (16/23 hp)

Keryth winces as the fighter’s short blade slips into his side, but quickly shrugs it off as he brings his morningstar up high in a vicious overhead blow.

jkason

First Post
Byntrou, sorcerous barbarian

Byn curses himself for wasting his blood fury on the other human, but focuses on the current foe to work past his internal blame. He slashes again with the scimitar, adding "You've no chance, fool. Drop what weapons you have left and surrender, or die like your compatriots."

D20Dazza

Explorer
Bahruul strikes at the fighters second blade, hoping to smash it from his grasp "Destiny, watch for this Kristoff"

OOC
[sblock]Sunder attempt +17, no AoO, also using power attack so subtracting 3 (which will add 6 damage for the doubled BaB for 2 handed weapon) from the attack to add to the damage so sunder will in fact be at +14[/sblock]

Nonlethal Force

First Post
ROUND TWO:

Byntrou's attack finds a whole in the guard's breastplate armor and slips in. The guard winces, but continues to look relatively strong. In reply to Byntrou's comment he adds, "Surrender is only for the weak of mind!"

Keryth's strike also lands as Byntrou distracts the guard and Keryth is able to make good on the flanking. The blow clocks the guard solidly. This blow seems to have also taken a bit out of the fighter who prepares to take another swipe at Keryth.

The guard's strike takes a serious toll on Keryth. In the attack, the fighter nearly misses a vital spot on his neck for even more damage. As it is, the wound is tough but survivable.

Keryth:
[Sblock]Keryth takes 7 more damage[/Sblock]

Pwent takes a single solid swing at the guard, hoping to knock him out of his misery. The fighter raises his armored forearm and deflects Pwents blow harmlessly to the side. The guard smilies and adds, "I've got more bite in me yet!"

Destiny continues to focus on heating up the guard's armor. He looks significantly more bothered by it but still not yet down. She replies to Bahruul, "I'll keep an eye out for Kristoff, but my money is that he's beyond that door the guard is protecting!"

[Sblock]OOC: If you are asking yourself: "What door?" ... please see battlefield map. I think I mentioned the door earlier, but in case I didn't you can see its location on the map.[/Sblock]

Bahruul is able to get a good swing at the guard's short sword, but the blade bounces off the axe as if the fighter anticipated the attack. A chunk of metal flies off the blade and buzzes by Byntrous head and clanks off the stone wall behind him. The sword is damaged from the Bous' mighty strike - but still useable by the guard.

Battlefield Map:
[Sblock]
Code:
---/--
|bGK |
| PB |
|    |
|  D |
----\-
  |  |
  |  |
  |  |
[/Sblock]

jkason

First Post
Byntrou, sorcerous barbarian

"The weakest mind of all must surely be that of a dead man," Byntrou returns, seeking to goad the man into losing focus in his fighting. The bous slashes out once again with the scimitar, hoping the curved blade can live up to its deadly heritage.

unleashed

First Post
Keryth, Male Drakontos Cleric (9/23 hp)

Keryth grimaces in pain as a timely movement to the side saves him from an even more critical and life threatening wound. Striking out at the guard with blood dripping down his shield arm, Keryth then steps back past the door hopefully taking himself out of reach of the guard.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Attack the guard, then 5 ft. step past the door towards the right hand wall.[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

D20Dazza

Explorer
Bahruul again attempts to knock the notched short sword from the mans hand, hoping that one more blow will weaken it enough to shatter.

OOC[sblock]Sunder attempt +17, no AoO, also using power attack so subtracting 3 (which will add 6 damage for the doubled BaB for 2 handed weapon) from the attack to add to the damage so sunder will in fact be at +14 [/sblock]

Remove ads