Clutches of Evil - IC: Chapter One

jkason

First Post
Byntrou, sorcerous barbarian

"Alright, then," Byn says, testing the weight of the newly-borrowed shield. "Lead the way, Pwent. Time to finish this."

[sblock=OOC]Obviously we're switching up the order, and we also have a wider hallway now. Pwent and Byntrou in front, Keryth and Bahruul in back, and Destiny safely in the center sound like a reasonable order? [/sblock]

Nonlethal Force

First Post
As Pwent and Byntrou head down the other tunnel, Pwent trips yet another trap. This time, he is not so forunate as to avoid the effects. Obviously targeted against a alrger intruder, Pwent's haed and neck are sudddenly stuck with a half dozen small, razor-sharp needles. The wounds are deep and bleeding profusely because they are on the face, but Pwent manages to remove all of the needles. There does not seem to be any sign of poison on the tips of the needles. "Arrrrh!" Pwent yells in anger. "I long to finish this hiding, trap-loving Overlord!" Through his anger, it seems that whil he was indeed injured it was not anything to be life threatening at the moment. Passing another 40' down the hallway the party comes across 2 doors, not unlike the doors leading into the scorpion room and the room that contained the secret entrance. The first dor is an the left of the hallway. The second door is straight ahead. There is a little more than 5 feet that seperate the two doors. The dark hallway casts many shadows along the entrances of both the doors.

The doors are both identical in wooden construction with the nob set in the right side of the door just a touch too low for a human to reach without bending over some.

jkason

First Post

Byntrou jumps when Pwent sets off the trap, though he sighs in relief that the tall human seems to be only slightly worse for wear because of it.

When they reach the twin doors, the shorter Bous' shoulders tense.

"I hate this goblin more with every turn, I think," he says.

"Are you getting any impressions, Destiny? I suppose I could see if Delcoi smells anything of use at the doors, too. She's certainly smelled the reek of Farang enough to recognize goblin, I'd think."

unleashed

First Post
Keryth, Male Drakontos Cleric (18/23 hp)

Watching from the rear as the needles strike Pwent, Keryth’s first fear is poison, but after observing him for short while it seems they were lucky this time...likely someone forgot to renew their deadly payload or perhaps it was not a poison but a disease on the needles. Hmm, Pwent would bear watching for a few days to see if anything came of the needle strike.

“The Overlord certainly does appear to like their privacy,” Keryth remarks wryly, “Hmm, probably another trap like the one outside the scorpion’s chamber too, as it matches that setup. If the design is also mirrored, then likely we should go through the door on the left, and it will also probably set off a trap, but I’d prefer if we had a more concrete idea of what was behind the doors, before we are forced to rely on my reasoning alone..."

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Destiny replies, "Well, I can use my powers to see into the left room or the room straight ahead. But each use will cost me - and niether use will be any good at discovering the trap we no doubt face."

unleashed

First Post

“Shall we let Byntrou’s little companion try to detect something first then Destiny, so we might save your power for the upcoming confrontation?” Keryth responds.

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Byntrou:
[Sblock]Decloi does seem to pick up on something in the door straight ahead. While it doesn't necsessarily appear to have scented something, placing Byntrou's hand around the edges of the door does detect a very subtle movement of air. The door to the left has no such movement of air.[/Sblock]

jkason

First Post

Byntrou sheathes his scimitar and holds out his palm. From within his robes, the tiny serpent emerges again, her thin forked tongue flicking in the air, head weaving from side to side. The Bous' eyes narrow for a moment, and the diamond-backed Delcoi pauses, as well, then the two move to the doors.

Methodically, Byntrou moves his companion along the edges of the doors, her tongue flicking. Brief changes in the sorcerer's stance indicate some kind of communication, though clearly no one else is privy to it.

Finally, Delcoi slides back into hiding, and Byntrou himself feels along the edge of the door straight ahead of the party, then repeats this at the other door. He pauses, then turns to his companions, returning to report.

"Delcoi responded strongest to the front door, though I can't be more specific. Our connection is more emotional than linguistic, but I did feel air movement from that same door, and none from the left door. What do you think?"

unleashed

First Post

“Well the left could be a false door which just triggers a trap I suppose or perhaps it’s just a tighter seal, whatever the reason though I think following the air is our best choice without resorting to the use of Destiny’s abilities and reducing her impact against the overlord,” Keryth responds cautiously.

Remove ads