• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Clutches of Evil - IC: Chapter One

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Destiny gives Keryth an "oops" look and a sorry frown as she sticks her bottom lip out in a fake pout.

"Ha!" Farang laughs loudly. "Not Farang's Overlord. No more. Farang leave and only return when Overlord dead and you all gone. Then Farang be new Overlord!"

He pauses for a moment and grins in a sneering evil fashion. "Farang done with mean greenie."

His face returns to normal and he replies to Keryth, "Stolen and misplaced matters not to one who not steal nor lose them."

Destiny only sighs once more in response to the goblin that soiled her bracers with its smell. "For the love of ..." Her voice trails off at the end of her sentence.

Last edited:

D20Dazza

Explorer
Thank you once again friend Keryth, it is becoming somewhat of a habit" Bahruul says rather sheepishly "I'm not sure that I'll be as effective as I could against this overlord"Bahruul says to the group "I'm still feeling those sword swipes of crispy man which may inhibit my usefulness in full pitched battle"

jkason

First Post
Byntrou, sorcerous barbarian

Byntrou slides his ring back into its accustomed place on his right hand, smiling to have the other major reminder of his mother back. He carries the jewels back to Destiny, adding under his breath "I'm sure our little collection of jewels will be more than enough for a proper cleaning, yes? I think we'll all want the stench of this place left behind us when we're done."

D20Dazza said:
Thank you once again friend Keryth, it is becoming somewhat of a habit" Bahruul says rather sheepishly "I'm not sure that I'll be as effective as I could against this overlord"Bahruul says to the group "I'm still feeling those sword swipes of crispy man which may inhibit my usefulness in full pitched battle"

"You've done more than your fair share, petik" Byntrou says, putting a reassuring hand on Bahruul's shoulder. "Now let me do mine."

Here Byn turns to Keryth. "If you've no further use for your rented shield, friend Keryth, I think I can relieve you of the weight on your back. It would normally impede my spells, but I've used the bulk of my magical puissance; I'll need a night's rest to recover that. The tricks I've the power left to cast this day aren't any more effective than my bow now that I've retrieved it, so I might as well put the added protection to good use."

[sblock=OOC]I know regular armor wouldn't stack, but a shield bonus stacks with the armor bonus from mage armor, yes?[/sblock]

Last edited:

unleashed

First Post
Keryth, Male Drakontos Cleric (18/23 hp)

“Worry not on it Bahruul, you’ve saved me coming to much harm, and Bahamut is always willing to aid those that fight for a worthy cause,” Keryth replies reassuringly.

“Certainly Byntrou, take it if you can use it. I think we’ll need all the most protection we can get to progress further, though I still have one or two gifts from Bahamut which may assist us should the right situation arise,” Keryth remarks, grinning as he turns his back to Byntrou so he may remove the rented shield.

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Destiny adds, "I too have a few tricks up my sleeve left. But I'll be honest, I've learned that with exception to this latest one I've shown - I'm not much good once every gets around the enemy. I guess I've not yet grown accustomed to aiming into a pack of friends. But rest assured, I've got a few tricks left. Just let me know if you want them used."

Pwent asserts, "Bahruul, now that I have my armor back, I'll take point and save you the unfortunate first blow. I think it might be wise to finish this quickly before we get ourselves wasted much further."

[Sblock]OOC: Now you see why I get rid of PCs turned NPC. I can NPC a character for a few days, but I never manage to get the personality right to keep them around for long.[/Sblock]

A bit on the impatient side, Farang looks to Keryth and adds, "Farang show lever and leave now, okay? Farang not want to be around for next battle. Better if Farang leave now."

unleashed

First Post

“Yes Farang, you can show us the lever and leave now...which way?” Keryth asks the goblin.

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Farang excitedly leaps down the hallway and points to the third rock up from the floor directly across from where the party knows the secret should be. He gets down on his knees for leverage. "You big people have no trouble pushing, but tough for Farang." He does manage to push it into the wall just a bit and the door mechanism opens like before and then closes automatically. As he leaves Farang says, "Farang wait outside till you come out. Then Farang know that cave ready for new Overlord." He grins an evil grin and leaves.

Destiny adds, "Good riddance."

jkason

First Post
Byntrou, sorcerous barbarian

unleashed said:
“Certainly Byntrou, take it if you can use it. I think we’ll need all the most protection we can get to progress further, though I still have one or two gifts from Bahamut which may assist us should the right situation arise,” Keryth remarks, grinning as he turns his back to Byntrou so he may remove the rented shield.

"Good to know. And many thanks for the lease of the shield Byntrou says as he takes it from the cleric's back and situates it properly on his right side. With the other, he draws his scimitar again, and looks as comfortable in this as he has flinging spells in the past.

"As Pwent says, best to face this Overlord as fast as we can and mete out some swift justice ... as well as get from him his connection to the Oathbreaker."

unleashed

First Post

“Indeed, let us strike quickly before he sends minions to investigate,” Keryth comments, readjusting his backpack once the shield is removed.

D20Dazza

Explorer
Bahruul stands up from his sitting position and winces as fresh blood flows from some of his wounds "Yes, let us get on with this, we still have several other tasks we need to complete once this is done, although a rest might be beneficial for us all" he says with a tired grin. "Down the other corridor then eh?" he hefts his war axe and starts to gingerly move down the corridor.

Remove ads