[IC1] Pool of Radiance

Mista Collins

First Post
As the sailor points to Intrepido and asks his questions, Selvaggio's eyes open and he smiles at the sailors and their laughter. "You could say he is a hunting dog. But more importantly, he is my friend. He is a friend who has saved me from many troubles as I have saved him. He will only bite if I command him to do so. His name is Intrepido," Selvaggio says as he pets the wolf behind the ears and stands up.

Walking over to the Sunite, Selvaggio introduces himself. "My name is Selvaggio, and I too am a druid. If I am to leave word for you at the shrine about any information on your brother, my I get the name of the lady for whom I am too leave the message for. I was thinking of other matters, and do not recall hearing your name."

"Jade? Well pleasure to meet you Jade. As I have no immediate business in Phlan, I will keep my eyes and ears open of any news. And I can assure you, Intrepido will keep his eyes, ears, and nose open," Selvaggio says with a grin. "It is the least I can do for a fellow woodsman and his dear sister."

hafrogman

Adventurer
Kylest nods at the merchant's question and smiles to himself as the old man recited his memories. Every little piece of his father was important to him. Even the memories of others were a precious commodity. He bows his head towards Baran.

"Thank you for sharing your memories with me."

Thanee

First Post
“But let us not delve into the past, when the future is so much more interesting.”

Baran takes a scroll case from his belt and opens it, producing a piece of parchment, which he promptly spreads out, revealing a map of Phlan.

phlan.jpg

“It's not very accurate, but at least you can get an idea where everything is. Here is where we will enter port, Civilized Phlan, or New Phlan, about the only safe place in the city now. The great wall here on the northern edge of it has been reinforced to keep out the bands of humanoids roaming the old ruins. The eastern bank is inhabited by orcs these days, they make it difficult for anyone to arrive from the east and it is said, they have desecrated the old temple and turned it into an unholy place for their Black Lord, while the western bank is free and in use. The ship is probably the safest route, however, barring the rarely seen pirates and the dangers of the sea, oh, I guess we better skip that part... Well... one thing, speaking of water, you should make sure not to get into contact with the river, Barren River, the old Stojanow. It's not healthy.”

Scotley

Hero
Eldwyn Halfling

Eldwyn studies the map intently, and tries to note the details, but his eyes are drawn to the graveyard at the north edge of the map. "What sort of condition are the buildings outside of 'civilized Phlan' like?"

Thanee

First Post
“Some of the more sturdy buildings are still intact, but many lie in ruin, while some are barely discernable as buildings. Please note, that I havn't been outside of Civilized Phlan myself, so you might get more information from the guards or some of the reckless folks who have been inside the other parts of the city.”

“Like my brother,” Jade adds, trying to sound amused, but a quick glance to her face reveals her concern.

Thanee

First Post
“While you look at the map, let me tell you another story. Maybe some of you have already heard of the Bell in the Depths. It is rumored to be close to the southern shore, halfway between Elmwood and Elventree. Sometimes, on a foggy night, the bell can be heard ringing, its sound carrying over half the Moonsea. Yes, I wouldn't believe that either, if I had not listened to its eerie sound myself, at least I believe it must have been it. The Bell is said to be the remains of Northkeep, which was the first human settlement here on the Moonsea a millennium ago. It is further said, that the city sank when fourty-thousand inhuman mages, priests and shamans had gathered on the northern shore of the Moonsea and chanted to their gods. The gods answered and sank Northkeep, but also destroyed the throng of humanoid spellcasters who dared disturb their divine slumber. There are some who say that the city will rise again and that it is still blessed by Selûne. Many dismiss this, but the tolling bells are a reminder that something is indeed still going on under the waves. Some mariners claim, that there is a particularily cruel breed of sea elves, they call them 'sea drow' usually, living in its vincinity and that the whole place is haunted. After hearing the Bell ring, I can only agree, it's surely not natural.”

Scotley

Hero
Eldwyn Halfling

With a nod, Eldwyn says, "That's a lot of unquiet dead. I'm not surprised that there is a manifestation even after so long."

Voadam

Legend
"So we are sailing through the area of this Bell and the 'sea drow' to get to New Phlan? We should expect to hear the Bell? In any case from looking at the map, the slums are the first area for expeditions from New Phlan, the library is a good first goal to recover lost knowledge. While the temple looks like a big sinkhole of evil, it is on the other side of the river and it would be prudent to work in taking areas connected directly to New Phlan first, which would mean the slums. What types of beings now live in old Phlan after the dragons have left?"

Remove ads