[IC1] Pool of Radiance

Thanee

First Post
“No, we won't get close to the Bell for sure, and whether we are going to hear it, I really don't know. I only know, that it doesn't matter much, if we are close or far away, if the Bell is ringing, we will hear it.”

“While the slums do not host the most amiable people, they are still reasonably safe, but there are no or at least very little guards present, so I would always be watchful when I would have to venture there. I've heard, that there are even a few traders amongst the people living there, but I never visited them. After the slums, as far as I know, one would have to deal with orcs and goblinoids mostly. Kobolds, too, they are a real plague and there must be hundreds of them living somewhere in the wilderness as well. Sometimes they attack trade caravans, that are not well-protected. The orcs on the eastern bank are quite numerous as well, but at least the river prevents them from swimming over. That's about the only good thing about that foul water.”

hafrogman

Adventurer
Kylest listens with patient attention to the catalogue of evils that await them upon their arrival. He retrieves his blade from another part of the deck and sits cross-legged sharpening it methodically as he keeps one ear upon the old merchant. Best to be prepared.

Mista Collins

First Post
Selvaggio looks to the group gathered on the deck exchanging stories and information. "Anyone have some uplifting stories or tales to tell. I understand we will be facing danger and depression when we reach New Phlan, but anything to lift our spirits before we arrive?"

Scotley

Hero
Eldwyn

In response to Selvaggio's request Eldwyn says, "Fear not death, returning to the earth from which all life comes and being remembered for one's heroic acts is a noble future. Death is only a transition not the end. Rejoice for the chance to participate in such a noble undertaking." Taking his lute from his back, Eldwyn sings an inspiring song of heroes giving their all and being ever remembered.

Thanee

First Post
Time moves by swiftly, while the small group of adventurers exchanges stories or listens to the halfling's lute. When the sun sets everyone heads to their sleeping places and while for those who distrust the water a restless night is forthcoming, while the ship dances on the treacherous waves, for most sleep comes easy enough.

During the next days the weather stays calm, much to the relief of the travelers, and the ship makes decent speed. At some point the lookout spies another ship in the distance, but its not approaching and it was too far away to determine its allegiance. Otherwise the journey is rather uneventful.

On the morrow of the fourth day, the waterside comes into view at the horizon.

Krug

Newshound
"Elmus" is kind of glad to see land. A gob's life is too short to be spent wasted at sea and watching the waves pass by. He had been practising his eldritch blasts on the ship's rats, though one time he almost set the lower deck on fire, but managed to put the fire out before it did too much damage.

Scotley

Hero
Eldwyn Halfling

Eldwyn spends some of the voyage in prayer and meditation, but also in getting to know his fellow travelers. Can't have too many friends in a place like Phlan. As the word reaches him that land has been sighted, he rushes to the rail and a weight is lifted from his heart. A sudden change seems to come over the normally reserved halfling. "Oh it will be good to get my feet back on the ground once more!" He bursts into a brief song in his native tongue, an upbeat tune on the gifts of earth to the Hin. Eldwyn bustles about gathering his gear and getting ready for landfall even though it is still some time away. His sudden burst of energy and excitement sets his dog to barking and leaping about in the little man's wake.

Mista Collins

First Post
Leaning over to pet Intrepido, Selvaggio gives his companion some words of comfort. "Don't worry pal, we will be alright." Those words seemed more for himself than his companion. "I think it would be smart if we stuck together. I believe in safety in numbers, and I would enjoy everyone’s company. Plus I want to find out what I can of this Jade's brother since he....." Selvaggio stops as he realizes something. Turning to Jade on the deck of the ship, Sevlaggio asks one last question. "What is your brothers name, Jade? It might be easier to gather some information on his situation if we have a name to go by."

And with that, Sevlaggio and Intrepido wait patiently for the ship to dock so that they may feel the sturdiness of solid ground.

Remove ads