Cave of the spiders - Newbie PbP GM

Ferrix

Explorer
Sirius roars in laughter, "l'est ye never singe me beard lad and ye'll be the finest wizard i ever seen. Now, on with it!" He slings his bow over his shoulder, hefts his shield and axe and moves up the hill towards the cave entrance.

JimAde

First Post
As Lucas focuses his attention on his magical construct, the others race up the slope. Donnybrook and Erethinol, starting nearer the top, get there first. The few bits of scrub that had clung to the rocky soil have been incinerated and the rock is scorched and blackened. The unforgettable stench of roasted bugbear fur hangs in the air. There is a small level area (about 15 ft. across) in front of the cave entrance proper and the natural cavern extends back as far as Donnybrook can see. Grimble and Sirius quickly join them with Lucas bringing up the rear as he divides his attention between negotiating the rocky slope and scouting ahead magically.

Donnybrook has a few rounds to look around or do whatever he likes, and Sirius and Grimble will have a round or two before the mage arrives. Here's what Lucas sees:
[sblock]The natural cavern narrows down to about 10 feet wide and goes back about 70 or 80 feet, where the floor slopes up sharply, rising to within about 5 feet of the ceiling. On the far side the passage widens to form a chamber perhaps eight or nine paces square. The cave continues on from the opposite side, and a larger chamber seems to open on the left. This is as far as the sensor gets before you join the others.[/sblock]

Ranger Rick

First Post
"It would be nice if we could go in without a lightsource," Donnybrook tells Ery. "I will go in a few feet to see what is up ahead." Upon realizing the eye is with him, Donnybrook, backs off and heads back to Eyr.

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Puffing and panting Lucas finally makes it to the top of the slope, "Give me a moment and I'll scout ahead to see what they have in store for us"

Ferrix

Explorer
Sirius gruffly chortles, "the deep is a dwarves' home lad, ye think Moradin would have let us go about blind in the dark? I can see fine in it." He moves towards the entrance of the cave, "unless anyone objects, or wants to check fer traps, I'll be going in."

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Ferrix said:
Sirius gruffly chortles, "the deep is a dwarves' home lad, ye think Moradin would have let us go about blind in the dark? I can see fine in it." He moves towards the entrance of the cave, "unless anyone objects, or wants to check fer traps, I'll be going in."
With his eyes still closed Lucus mutters "How about you wait for me to finish my scouting, then once we know where our enemies are and what defenses that have created against us, we'll know what to expect"

"Or you can all ignore my advce like the last time and rush in like fools"

Ferrix

Explorer
"Now that's no way to talk to yer friends..." Sirius mutters, "I don't feel like barging in and not knowing what's going on."

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Ferrix said:
"Now that's no way to talk to yer friends..." Sirius mutters, "I don't feel like barging in and not knowing what's going on."
Taking a deep breath Lucas looks and Sirius and smiles apologetically "Forgive me my friend, I didn't mean to speak to you rudely, I guess I'm anxious and overwrought, due to what happened to me last time we ran into giant spiders"

Closing his eyes Lucas continues to concentrats on the magic eye, and sends it further into the cave complex.

Remove ads