looking for a fight

N

nevish darkwind

*as the one called tara thinks about attacking darkwind, she is overcome with a feeling of the grave danger awaiting those who even touch him without his permission (the results are very painful if not fatal). he continues to sit in his seat ignoring the exceedingly large woman and drinking his ale. if she does indeed attack she is pummled with a force so stong as to knock her flat on her back and almost unconcious. the man then stand over her and points a prismatic, glowing hand at her face. he releases the contained blast of energy and watches as it erupts in a colorful burst. tara feels every type of pain all at once as her body wriths on the floor. the she vanishes. when she awakens she is on a small plane surrounded by millions of other tormented souls. a telepathic message enters her mind.*

" you have chosen to face me, dispite my many warnings. now your soul is traped for eternity on my own private prison demi-plane. i hope you enjoyed yourself."

*the man returns to his seat and continues to drink and await the next fool to challenge him.*

K

Kheldar Devaentar

A Venom Vendor?

portlongkheldar.gif

((Nevish Darkwind, please check your private messages and get back to me on what I sent you))

Kheldar smiles at Valgar Lav, then looks down at the sack of gold.

"Well met Valgar," as always, Kheldar repeated the name to make sure he remembered it. "Let see how many vials this can buy."

Kheldar pokes his hand inside his cloak and pulls out a strange looking platform contraption. Gears and gizmos stuck out of it in all different angles, clearly labeling it as a Gnomish Invention. Kheldar picked up the sack of gold and placed it atop the platform, causing the top half of it to sink. As it did, gears turned and a number appeared on the lower half of the platform.

"44 pounds. I'll be generous and include the weight of the bag as part of the measurement. . . it takes 50 gold pieces to make a pound, so that's. . . 2,200 gold pieces! . . Alright, That'll buy 13 of these. . ."

Kheldar sets down 13 black vials with silver spider designs on them.

". . . and 1 one of this!"

Kheldar sets down a dark blue vial with a red icon of a misshapen spider on it. The spider has 8 legs, a bizarre, long head sprouting out of it's body, and a curled, pointy stinger.

"Bebilith Venom, takes about 10 seconds for it to work. It's hard to hide in food because there's a scent to it, so you're better off to coat it on a weapon.

Artwork copyright © 2004, Gordon R. Quigley

M

malik21

"Thanks!"Valgar takes the viles and gives Kheldar a few extra coins.He then goes to an empty table and takes out some arrows and begins to coat them.The heads of the arrows are extremely Large and it seems something is in it.Possibly they explode.

K

Kheldar Devaentar

portlongkheldar.gif

"You're welcome!"

Kheldar accepts the extra coins and tosses them into the sack of gold he had just received. . . Then as an after thought, Kheldar opens his new sack of gold and makes sure that it is in fact gold inside of there!

After the inspection he looks down to the ground where Tarra used to be, she was no longer there! ((That is of course, unless Tarra objects to Nevish's actions, which is perfectly alright.))

Kheldar blinks.

"Where did she go?"

M

malik21

Valgar takes out an arrow he hasn't already coated and shoots it right by Kheldar's face.It collides with a nearby chair and explodes!All that is left of the chair is ash and smoke.

K

Kheldar Devaentar

portlongkheldar.gif

Kheldar stares at the incinerated chair for a moment. It seemed like an awful waste of resources to him.

He turns to acknowledge Valgar. Had the man just threatened him with that gesture? Or was it bragging? . . Kheldar didn't know. . .He would assume one for the moment, and keep the other in mind.

"The chair never stood a chance!"

Kheldar grins at the marksman.

"Just don't go pumping my poisons into a brick wall! . . . . . Any way, why does a fellow need exploding arrows and variety of poisons? Or is that, that man's own buisness?"

M

malik21

"What chair?"Valgar asks.If Kheldar looks back at the chair it is still there and in perfect condition

M

mickydmm

The crowd in the room were silent following the "disturbence" and the display of "marksmen ship", to get the crowd back to "live and buying drink the owner of the inn ushered one of the "MORE COMELY"of the serving wench's on to the floor to dance...

eblis

First Post
mickydmm said:
The crowd in the room were silent following the "disturbence" and the display of "marksmen ship", to get the crowd back to "live and buying drink the owner of the inn ushered one of the "MORE COMELY"of the serving wench's on to the floor to dance...

A woman smirks as the bliss of the dreaming shows on the person's (micky's character(s)'s) face. She shakes her head, and turns back to observing the outdoor, walled marketplace with its vendor stalls and cobbled areas. There is no innkeeper to a place such as this, although some of the vendors sell liquors from across the multiverse... but their custom was more frightened away by the foolish displays of weaponry... no drink is worth the price of idiots firing seemingly random arrows at the furnishings or each other. Not when there's another marketplace in Juxtacity itself, through the south gates.
Besides. No one would be silly enough to get involved, lest the law of the place appear and dump hefty fines on all. Of throw them off the plane entirely into whatever world comes to mind, so the stories go...

Remove ads