Planescape: A Hopeless Beginning

Scotley

Hero
"I'll venture to try the...liquor. After this day I need a little something with kick to it." Turning to Krikit, "I too echo your desire to get our posesions back. While you might get 'home' from Sigil I suggest you broaden your horizons a little. There is much more to the multiverse that you've may have been led to believe. You might find you like it."

JimAde

First Post
The little gnome shrugs uncertainly. "Honestly I'm feeling a bit out of my depth." He pauses for a moment before adding, "But what do you mean by 'multiverse'? I was always taught that there is the mortal world, the heavans of Ithimara and the hells of Atik. This place doesn't seem to match any of those, but what else could there be?"

OOC: We don't need to go into a long in-character discussion of the planes, but Krikit has no idea about this stuff. :)

Scotley

Hero
Wyk

Wyk chuckles and points at the tea, "You better switch to something stronger, you are in for a rude awakening. I've visited at least a dozen more planes than that personally. I'll bet Vaerhia could tell you of some places that would really make your hair stand on end. If we get our stuff back I've got a Planer Atlas you can look at. In the mean time just keep your mouth shut and nod knowingly until you get a feel for the real world."

tylermalan

First Post
Eclaiyan

"The 'real world'? Heh, though some of us may not have traveled as you have my friend, that does not mean that we haven't seen the real world. I guarantee I've seen some things that would make your hair stand on end... well maybe not you, but definitely the Gnome here. Anyway, I'm also pretty interested in the... multiverse you called it? I know a little, though barely enough to even recognize the name of the place we're currently in. I'd love to take a look at that atlas if we happen to find it, if you don't mind. Anyone know anything specific about the energy planes? That's really the extent of my knowledge..."

JimAde

First Post
Krikit looks a bit crestfallen at his companions' comments, but quickly shakes it off. Seen things that would make the gnome's hair stand on end indeed, he thinks as he sips his tea. I am something that makes people's hair stand on end. He chuckles to himself and returns his attention to the conversation.

Scotley

Hero
Wyk

"I will be happy to start a little book club if we can get to the gear, but the priority will of course getting the gear." With a sidelong look at Vaerhia he adds, "and getting to know our new friends."

Vaerhia simply watches the other castaways as they talk, a slight smile on her face. She shrugs elegantly as her name is mentioned. "I've lived places that would make 'your hair stand on end', as dear Wyk says. However... I would guess that you have stories of your own, hmm?" She gives the 'gnome' a look that says she hasn't forgotten the spider-like creature he changed into while climbing up to the ship earlier.

"Wyk, dear one," she says, turning to the bariaur with a smile, "Pour me a glass of that 'mystery' liquor, will you?" She settles back comfortably, but not without a curious glance at the quiet elephant-woman.

Scotley

Hero
Wyk

"Certainly." Wyk pours the liquor into two cups and passes one to Vaerhia, his hand lingering perhaps slightly longer than strictly necessary to make the exchange. Then he raises a glass to her then turns to the table, "To friends we've left behind and friends we've only just met." He tastes the liquor with only a slight pause to inhale the aroma first.

tylermalan

First Post
Eclaiyan

"Eh, I believe it was me who made the 'hair stand on end' comment... hopefully the liquor HELPS your memory, though liquor doesn't usually have the habit of doing so! Hahaha! I suppose this liquor could be much different, though, and none of us would know... I suppose you're about to find out!"

Vaerhia laughs softly at Eclaiyan's words. "Actually, perhaps you should get your hearing checked, as Wyk did make the comment first." She smiles at Eclaiyan, although the smile shows a bit more fang than was there but a few moments ago. She tosses her hair over her shoulder and looks away as if Eclaiyan was of no more interest, thanking Wyk for the glass of liquor.

OOC: Sorry, Tyler, Vaerhia was paying more attention to Wyk's comment than Eclaiyan's (bird in the hand and all that), and he did make the reference first.... :)

Remove ads