Planescape: A Hopeless Beginning

Scotley

Hero
Wyk Bariaur

Wyk disengages himself from Vaerhia, "A moment dear lady, I fear my nakedness may be offending the locals," he steps over to Elandra and says softly. "I sense some consternation on your part. Have I offended you in some way."

tylermalan

First Post
Looking around for any signs of recognition among any of the people there, Eclaiyan follows behind the others, slowly dropping into a more somber mood, and saying nothing.

Eluvan

First Post
Elandra leads Wyk a little further from the main group before saying in a low, urgent tone, "do you know what you're getting in to with that... that fiend you cosy up to so readily? I don't mean to pry, but... well, strikes me that you don't act as one who is aware of her nature. So for the record, whichever berk told you to go kiss a Succubus... I doubt they meant it to be taken so literally, alright? Don't get me wrong, plenty of people'd tell you there are far worse ways to die... but you don't seem like one who's in a hurry to meet his end, so I had to say something to you. I'll help her, for my part, because I'm sworn to help any who need it and request it. But I wouldn't get as close to her as you seem to be, not for anything. Just... watch your step, alright cutter?"

Scotley

Hero
Wyk Bariaur

"Aye, I see what you are saying. I'm not unaware of the dangers such a creature represents. I thank you for the warning. I know here on the edge of the Grey Waste you are more aware of the forces of the abyss and the hells. I shall indeed be careful. Here's a bit of wisdom from my home, 'Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer.' I do thank you for your assistance and your concern for my wellbeing."

Eluvan

First Post
Elandra's previously pensive expression is gone in an instant, replaced by a pleased grin. "Good," she beams, "then I've nothing to worry about, except being found before we get to the Ministry. Well, I'll let you get back. We'll be there any minute, and then we'll be safe."

OOC:
[sblock]As you can see, decided to start using colour for speech. Everyone else is doing it, and I guess it does make things clearer. I'll be using it from now on.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Vaerhia accepts Wyk's explaination with a knowing smile as he gives his apologies before moving over to speak to Elandra. She continues to saunter with the rest of the party, studying the surroundings the group has found themselves in. She does look over, interested, as the topic of conversation turns to one more public, as Wyk and Elandra start speaking in more normal tones of voice.

Scotley

Hero
Wyk Bariaur

Wyk returns to Vaerhia's side with a smile. "I really must find something to wear. It pains me to leave my own things behind. Finding a proper tailor for the Bariaur physique could be a challenge."

Eluvan

First Post
"Yes, of course..." Elandra says, looking huntedly aroud once more before nodding in reassurance. "We should really hurry, but I suppose I can tell you a little as we go. Emenukaris is the self-proclaimed Lord of this place, as I said. He turned up here about twenty years back now. Nobody really knows where he came from or who he is, but he came with a big army - mostly 'Loth mercenaries - and laid siege to the last Lord of the place. Few days later he'd pushed him out and taken up residence. The people round here respect one thing: power. He sure had a lot of that, and so it didn't take him long to impose his own rule on the place. He even tried to take the Ministry, but even he couldn't pull that off. Oh, right, the Ministry... uhhh... that's the Celestial Ministry for the Illumination and Edification of Hopeless. That's where I'm taking you now. It's been around forever, trying to bring a little hope into Hopeless I guess. Might seem pointless to you, but we might well be all that's keeping this place from sliding into Hades."

As she is speaking the group rounds a corner, and at the end of the new street can be seen a building which can only be the aforementioned Ministry. It stands in sharp contrast to the rest of the place. The street leading up to it would barely pass for an alley in some towns - it's narrow and cobbled, with filth and grime seeping into the centre from deep gutters on either side in which sludge runs thick and rodents scamper and chitter. The ramshackle buildings on either side lean precariously inwards, almost meeting in the centre, plunging the byway into perpetual gloom even deeper than that which covers the rest of the town and giving it the air of a tunnel. At the end of the street, though, stands a large building of white stone quite unlike the plaster and dark wood that makes up the surrounding abodes or the huge chunks of black stone from which Emenukaris' castle is built. The architectural style is sweeping and airy, all arcs and buttresses, and four guards in the very same armour as the two who accompany Elandra stand unmoving and vigilant outside the building.

Remove ads