Planescape: A Hopeless Beginning

AmorFati

First Post
Minala

Looking around and seemingnly uninterested, the young woman wanders around, looking at her new companions, as well as the crowd and the woman calling herself Elandra. When they leave for for the fort, she follows, and finally talks to some of her fellow crash-victims. "Umm... So, we are all free now, right? I mean, we were in a cell, but not anymore, obviously. If that is the case, I would like to know why I was imprisonned in the first place. Do any of you happen to know anything about that?"

JimAde

First Post
Krikit looks the huge woman up and down carefully before replying. I don't know about you, he says, but I was sold into slavery for being on the wrong end of a political disagreement. He shrugs before continuing. Mine is a fairly risky occupation, but I never expected to be banished from the mortal world. I suppose it's better than dying, but I'm not quite sure what to do next.

Eluvan

First Post
Tyler:
[sblock]Your character background didn't quite make it clear; does Eclaiyan know anything about the Planes? Does he even know they exist? This obviously affects the result of your bardic knowledge check, since if he had no idea there were planes other than his own he's obviously never heard anything regarding a specific town in the outlands.[/sblock]

tylermalan

First Post
[sblock]Yes, I intended him to know a bit about the planes, just not every one, and nothing too specific. I realize that his short backstory doesn't mention much about it, but he knows of his fire-based heritage and where people like him probably originated from, though he hasn't found any specific information regarding the planes, just general knowledge about various places that he's picked up from time to time. I intended his skill in Knowledge (The Planes) to reflect the little he knows about the Elemental Planes (specifically Fire), but I thought Bardic Knowledge didn't require any previous contact or specific information, I thought it was just supposed to reflect the information gathered through constant travel, and the check represented an attempt to recall some of it about a specific instance. If you want to say that the only knowledge I have is the little bit about the plane of fire, then that's fine though, whatever you want to do.[/sblock]

"Did you, dear Wyk?" Vaerhia says with a smug smile as she takes his arm and settles herself comfortably against his side - quite a talent, considering the difference in movements between a two-legged and four-legged individual. She seems to be enjoying Elandra's discomfort almost as much as the flirtation itself, and concentrates for a moment, making her horns reappear. "This shouldn't be too unusual, considering the racial mixes about...." She casts an eye at the enterprising tieflings following the group before turning her attention back to him. She leans over and whispers into his ear. "Perhaps later I can see if I can recall an... appropriate Bariaur form."

The succubus glances over her shoulder at Minala and Krikit. "Myself, I was drugged by a rival." She shrugs gracefully. "And no doubt sold to those slavers to get me out of the way of whatever job Rhalen thought I would interfere in." She seems singularly unconcerned about such treatment.

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Wyk

Wyk settles into a gait that is comfortable for himself and his two-legged companion. At the reappearance of the horns he eyes widen with delight, "What a marvelous talent dear lady, simply stunning." His ever present smile grows at the whispered comment and he replies in an equally low tone, close to her ear and breathy, "I'm sure you'll make an equally beautiful Bariaur, but I'm quite content with whatever form you can take most pleasure in." With some effort he draws his attention away from his companion to address the other woman's question, "I must say that I truely don't know why I was aforded such treatment. It sounds as if we all had a similar experience. I can only speculate that a jelous husband could have been involved. I do plan to seek answers."

Eluvan

First Post
Tyler:
[sblock]OOC:Yes, bardic knowledge represents random knowledge; but it defies logic to say that your character has random knowledge about a plane that he didn't even know existed. Anyhow, if he does in fact know a little of the planes then that's fine.

Thinking back to all the travellers tales he has heard, Eclaiyan scans his memories for any mention of Hopeless. He has heard of it before, and knows of it as the Gate Town to the Grey Waste, but beyond that he has heard little. He seems to remember some rumours concerning political wrangling between the lord of Hopeless and certain Yugoloth lords based in Hades itself, that ended as all dealings with the Yugoloths end; the other party in the Yugoloth's pocket. They were only rumours though, and considering the relative proximity of Hopeless to the grey Waste it's hardly surprising they would spring up - and it would hardly be surprising if they were true.[/sblock]

Eluvan

First Post
As they talk, Elandra is leading the group through the ugly, depressing streets of Hopeless, her the presence of her two guards very effectively making sure that nobody takes too much of an interest in the group. All the while Elandra herself is looking worriedly at Wyk and Vaerhia. She has moved parallel to the two, but a little way off, and is shooting glances at Wyk that make it patently obvious she would like a word with him.

JimAde

First Post
Krikit is fairly quiet as they walk, concentrating on keeping pace with his long-legged companions. Another fine mess, he thinks ruefully. Finally he turns back to Minala and says, So you don't remember how you wound up on that ship? What's the last thing you do remember?

Remove ads