• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith Deleted Scene Stills Revealed

wingsandsword said:
A librarian friend of mine told me that when Lucas released the Special Editions, he tried to get the Library of Congress to replace their archival copies of the trilogy with the Special Editions, since they were the "real" Star Wars, the LoC politely refused on the historic grounds that the OT was put in their on.
Maybe some Americans can help me out here.

What's the position with access to the Library of Congress?

Can no one see them, do you have to be in Congress to see them, can any American citizen see them, or can any random foreigner who turns up ask to see them?

Since I found out that they have a Blackbird at the Imperial War Museum at RAF Duxford, I have had no reason to visit Washington DC, but I'd make an exception for the original, original, original Star Wars.

Cthulhudrew

First Post
amethal said:
What's the position with access to the Library of Congress?

It's open to the public, yes. The last time I was in D.C., (right around the start of the Iraq war, March of '03), security everywhere in the capitol was high, and barricades made it difficult to get around in the city- the LoC being no exception. Don't know how it is currently, but in any case, access wasn't completely closed then and shouldn't be now. At best, there are probably just metal detectors and security checks to get into the building (there were at the National Gallery of Art), but it should otherwise still be accessible.

There are probably certain sections that are restricted access, but I"m not sure.

You should check out the LoC's webpage- there's a FAQ that should answer most of your questions.

I was at the Library of Congress in July 2005 (for Independence Day!), and the ultra-security is gone. There is still normal level of security (metal detectors, some guards), but nothing hyper.

Random people off the street, like you or me, cannot just wander into the stacks and peruse the entire collection. You can, however, look at the exhibits (Declaration / Constitution / Bill of Rights being the most popular).

I believe you need a permit of some sort to access the stacks, and I would bet there is a background check associated with that.

Remove ads