The Sky Breathes All Life - IC

Shayuri

First Post
"...right then," Lily says as Alister turns away. She wasn't sure if she should feel affronted or relieved, but it was obvious that she hadn't made an impression on the officer. For better or for worse. But then again, what had she expected?

She glances at the tent flap, scuffing the ground with a boot-toe.

tylermalan

First Post
Jonathan Vars

"Ahhh, alright, here she is..." Jonathan pushes open the tent flap and ducks out, carrying a waterskin. "I hope you don't mind - this isn't your original waterskin. I figured it would just be easier to give you another one instead of making you wait here while I repair your old one. That should do you!"

He waits until the young troop has responded and plodded off to her night before turning to Alister. "Ah she's a good one, she'll be ever valuable on the field as well, captain. I suggest you keep an eye on her... Anyway! Come inside." Jonathan lifts up the tent flap with back of his arm, stepping aside to allow Alister to go in first. He follows after into the dimly lit supply tent. Larger than most other tents, this tent houses many things, from useful odds and ends and specific supplies to overstock of weapons, though not that much of the latter. The main supply wagons were elsewhere in the camps, closer to where they would be needed most. Candlelight flickers atop the only table in the tent next to the only bed in the tent, undoubtedly where Jonathan sleeps, and dances its shadows around the edges of every obstacle.

Jonathan pulls out a chair by the table for the captain, then takes one himself. He has to move his sword to sit down, which he pushes underneath his bed. "The problem here is really only minor, though its effects are a little more severe. It seems one of the rotaries in engine chassis four took some debris on its test flight yesterday, and it can't properly house the engine inside. We've got our best carpenters and engineers on it right now, but it looks like, in all probability, that it won't be able to fly with the fleet tomorrow. Seems to me that only one ship out of action in the whole fleet won't hurt you much, but I figured you should personally know. Needless-to-say, that actually helps in some respects, as now we have more maintenance crew to spread out among some of the other under-staffed ships. Whatdya think? Can you do without it?"

Shayuri

First Post
"Thanks Jon," Lily says quietly, then salutes Alister again, and hurries away. Technically she wasn't sure if she'd been dismissed...but in truth she'd rarely felt more dismissed than during the entire 'conversation,' so she doubted she'd be losing points for it.

She hurried through the camp, absently fixing the new skin to her belt as she went, until the smell of food and the sound of music caught her. Yes...that was what she wanted right now.

A nice drink...and a song. Skye could bring a smile to a statue. Lily actually chuckled to herself, wondering if she could make Alister smile.

(next stop, "pleasure" tent!)

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Shayuri OOC:
[Sblock]I'll take that intro ... but if you weren't ready to interact with Sye just let me know. I don't want to jump the gun.[/sblock]

Looking around, Sye notices a female soldier who had come in during her performance. She grins as she thinks about making new acquaintances. Very softly under her breathe she pleasantly adds, reminding herself more than anyone else. "Well, that is what these times are for, after all ..."

She approaches Lily, although as of yet does not know her name. "Hey there soldier. Name's Sye Dillinger. I couldn't help but notice you hanging around - and you look like you've had a rough day. You need someone to lend you an ear to listen to your troubles?" She offers her hand for a handshake before sitting down across from Lily.

Shayuri

First Post
Lily shakes Sye's hand with a rueful grin.

"I didn't know I was being that obvious," she says wryly. "I'm Lily. Good to meet you. What'll you have? Drinks are on me tonight."

Nonlethal Force

First Post
"Honestly?" Sye asks regarding the offer for drinks. "I drink just water when I'm performing. I've found that the alcohol harms my singing voice - not to mention affects my hand eye coordination for the fiddle! But you go ahead and drink what you like, Lily. And there's no need to beat yourself up about being obvious. Remember, as a performer I'm trained to be able to notice things about people - otherwise I ouldn't be able to draw a crowd into a performance."

Sye allows Lily a bit of time to order her drink and then asks, "So, you know my profession and what calls me to the troop - what do you offer. I can't imagine you are merely a sword weilding fornt-liner."

Shayuri

First Post
Lily doesn't guzzle her ale. She sips at it, drinking it in short bursts. It does seem to relax her a bit though, and she favors Sye with a smile that strips the tension and illusion of years off her face...exposing her as a rather young and beautiful woman, despite her pallor.

"Sword swinging? No...swords aren't my thing. I have a glove...metal one. It's got spikes on it. If someone gets close in, I can..." she clenches a fist and pantomimes punching. "But that's not why I'm here either."

She hesitates now, and finishes her ale in one big gulp. Sye can almost -feel- the troop gathering her courage. "I'm here because...I can do things. They're...well, they would be bad things, you know?" She looks at Sye searchingly, looking for understanding. "Hurting people. But I figure...if I hurt -bad- people, and for -good- reasons...then...maybe it's not bad, right? I mean, it's no worse than a sword, really. No different. Right?" It sounds more like a plead than a question though.

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Sye smiles at the irony of her own thoughts as Lily speaks. She responds, "You know, we can all do bad things to people. My father, who I dearly love and I hope still dearly loves me, taught me that much you know? Heck, even my music could be used and corrupted into a force of evil if I really wanted to. Me ... now I like to think of that as a challenge. It'd be so easy to take the fame and popularity that comes with being a performer and use it to my advantage - my own personal gain. But I believe that path leads down a road I don't feel like going. Instead, if I use my talents for the benefit of others - then I'll be kept in the right light."

She pauses, feeling like she's talking about herself more than Lily. So she starts again. "I don't know if this helps - or even makes sense on the verge of war. I don't even know really what the bad things are that you can do. But I'd agree with you that if you use your 'things' in a way that is preventing evil and thus helping people, then you'll be alright in my book, Lily."

Feeling like lightening the conversation a bit, Sye adds with a glimmer in her eye. "Now take that punch you just did. You show a fair bit of grace and presence in that move - you must practice it a fair bit, and that shows dedication. You ever think of picking up a side job and training as a dancer? Anyone with a punch like that and a wee bit of training ..."

She intentionally trails off with a smile on her face - not finishing her sentence. It would be Lily's turn to pick up on either the serious part of the conversation or the joking. But she would leave that up to Lily. For now, she would occupy her lips with a sip of water.

Shayuri

First Post
Lily looks taken aback at the suggestion. Not appalled or aghast...just surprised, and a little embarrassed/stagefrightened.

"That's really nice of you to say," she murmurs, looking back into her mug with two flaming red spots on her cheeks. "I don't know much about that kind of thing though. I'm a good shot, and a fair hard target, so I suppose that takes some grace, but dancing..."

She looks back up with an abashed grin. "Okay, I'll swear you to secrecy. I like dancing. Just...by myself, you know. But I'm really not good at it. I'd never be able to in front of an audience. Even though..." She pauses again and laughs.

"You're good at what you do, Sye," Lily says with some admiration. "One ale, and I'm already spilling all the stuff I never thought I'd tell anyone. What's your secret?"

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Sye returns the laugh. "You ever figure out what my secret is - you tell me. 'Cause I don't even know myself! I guess I just like listening. Music, people, the rain on the window - it don't matter. It's all worth listening to in my book."

Sye sips a bit more water and leans back - enjoying the introductions. "Lily, I'll make you a deal. You don't tell anyone that I really don't know how to use this dagger on my belt that well and I won't tell anyone that you like dancing. Of course, if we happen to see each other around and you are interested, I might be able to show you a bit of dance. And if you're as good at striking things as you claim to be, maybe you can teach me a thing or two about offense and defense."

She chuckles a little bit and looks off into the crowd - especially at the soldiers. "Kinda stupid I suppose ... me signing up for military service and not being able to fight all that well."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases