The Sky Breathes All Life - IC

tylermalan

First Post
Jonathan looks over to the young soldier as she strides casually into his tent, stopping mid-sentence with Alister. "Ah, nevermind about the problem for now sir, it is of little importance compared to the other things that must be hounding your thoughts right now. Let your mind at ease and know that all is well on this front, the home front for me, as it were. Just been taking care of the troops lately, but not too terribly much has been going on here, only preparation for the days ahead. Ah! Captain, I'd like you to meet Lily Foster. Maybe you've seen her around, she's been quite the regular here of late, and it seems the waterskin is another indication of just that! Miss Foster, come on over here"

Jonathan motions for Lily to come over and bring her waterskin with her.

Shayuri

First Post
Startled, Lily pokes her head out the flap with a 'who, me?' expression. She doesn't hesitate though. She holds the waterskin out, rather sheepishly, and salutes Alistair.

"Had a bit of a leak," she explains to Jon. "Nothing too bad. Not an emergency or anything." She nods her head, then looks at Alistair.

"Sir. It's an honor to meet you, sir. Lily Foster, special tactics squad, sir."

Eluvan

First Post
Alister is somewhat startled by this turn of events, and covers up with an added layer of stiff formality in his return salute. There is an awkward moment of silence. "... a pleasure to meet you," he says eventually, the pleasantry sounding a little strange since as he says it he's wondering whether it's the right thing to say. Another moment of silence. "How is the mood among the troops?" he asks eventually, more comfortable though no more cheerful now the conversation has passed securely into the realms of officialdom.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - Read my post again...she did salute Alistair. I'll assume that both did the salute thing, lest we spend undue time playing the Edit game :))

Lily colors a little, her cheeks reddening is painfully obvious given the paleness of her skin. It seemed obvious to her that this commander wasn't interested in conversation, but she was stuck for it now. Damnit, Jon...

"Morale's good overall, sir," she reports crisply. "Waiting's always a bit hard on the nerves, and everyone's heard how big the elf fleet is...but no one's ever been part of a fleet as big as this either. We're all looking forward to seeing what kind of damage all these ships can do."

Inwardly, she winced. It felt like something a new fledged private would say...all full of bravado, no brains at all. Still, what was she supposed to do? It was even true, so far as she knew. Then Lily nearly stumbled over her words as she realized she had an opening.

"Anyway, sir, I was just dropping this off..." she hands Jon the waterskin, pressing it into his hands with an aggrived expression when her back was turned to Alistair, and smoothing instantly again just before she turned back to face him. "Is there anything else, sir?" she asks, all business-like.

What a night. She needed a drink.

tylermalan

First Post
Shayuri -

[sblock]Eluvan's character's name is Alister, not Alistair, for the record :)[/sblock]

"Ah let's have a look at this here... ah quite the tear you have here Miss Foster. Hang on just a moment, instead of repairing this one, I'll just get you a new one..." Jonathan ducks back inside his tent to retrieve the new waterskin, leaving Lily and Alister alone on the outside for a few moments.

Lord Wyrm

First Post
Nonlethal Force said:
She pauses to think for a second. "Look around. Each and every one of these faces demonstrate that for the last hour or so, they have pleasant memories. That's what I live for. There will come a time when the battle will rage and the stress will be high. And I'll do my share of lifting spirits then, too. But right now, life is to be enjoyed. I've noticed just in myself that my body functions better when I am happy, smiling, and all-around enjoying life. My stomach feels better, my muscles don't ache as much, and my brain focuses on happy times. I desire to give that to anyone who desires just as much to take it from me!"

Duncan liked this one, just enough cheer from her and his heart rose in his breast though certainly not because of the reasons the child would think. The higher one is the further they have to fall, the warlock was a job but this one would just be fun.

Duncan smiled looking like some grizzled veteran when he did so. "At least your're cheery about it. I suppose my rather pessimistic views are not for everyone, I'll see you on the deck." Duncan truly meant that last remark, he hoped to see this one when the battle commenced. He was sure that the fall from grace would be exceptional for this one, just as it had been for him. Duncan paid his tab, tipped his brow to the young bard and meandered off to his tent looking somewhat more joyful than earlier in the day.

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Sye replied, "See ya, around, Soldier - and keep your chin up!"

Once the soldier was out of the tent, her cheery expression faded for a moment to show a grave weariness. Almost as quickly as her cheeriness faded, however, she was able to suck in a large breath of air, recompose herself, and put the huge smile back upon her face. Sye began to wander around the rest of the room, looking for any other soldiers who desire to talk or who might need an emotional lift.

This works never done ... especially before a battle.

tylermalan

First Post
Everyone:

[sblock]I won't move on in the overall storyline until everyone is effectively "done" with their day and night, so if and when your character is finished and is ready for the following day, say so in an Sblock, and I'll know that your portion is done until tomorrow. That being said, it seems as though Duncan's part is done, and everyone else isn't too far behind, so just let me know (though the current setting can go on for as long as you all like, totally up to everyone).[/sblock]

Lord Wyrm

First Post
[sblock]I'm waiting for everyone else to finish and then I'll see about a short "nightmare" post. I'm still just kinda toying with that one though.[/sblock]

Eluvan

First Post
It doesn't really occur to Alister to think very deeply about how banal the answer was that he received to hsi question. After all, the question was pretty banal itself in the first place, or at least the intention with which he spoke it was. It was just something to say, and she said something back. Good enough. Propriety is served.

"Nothing else," he answers Lily's last query. He wonders whether to dismiss her, but since he didn't call her here he doesn't bother, but merely turns back towards the tent to wait for Jon in order to ask him about this problem with the ship.

Remove ads