Dragonlance [Let's Read] Tasslehoff's Pouches of Everything Revised

Kurotowa

Legend
I'd be a little wary of the irda though, the unlimited at-will shapeshift seems a bit much for me. It's not as lore-friendly, but I'd just use Firbolg stats for them, or else limit their shapeshifting to one pre-decided form per point of proficiency bonus, as a balancing factor.
Changelings have had at-will "transform into any humanoid shape" since 3e, and I rarely see complaints about it. If I hesitated over anything, it'd be the grab bag of innate spells that come packaged along side the shapeshifting. The 5e standard seems to be that you get something like shapeshifting or a handful of innate spells. Not both.

DarkCrisis

Reeks of Jedi
I was thinking of picking this up but with 5.5 coming real real soon, would it be wiser to wait for the updated 5.5 version? Assuming that will be a thing.

Im pretty sure I read the new PHB comes out this year. Followed by the other 2 books 2 months apart.
Close, here is the release schedule:

• 2024 Player’s Handbook – September 17, 2024
  • 2024 Dungeon Master’s Guide – November 12, 2024
  • 2024 Monster Manual – February 18, 2025
However, if you get this now or later should make much of a difference. Things aren't changing much. Also, if you just get the PDF, it automatically updates if the publisher updates it later.

DarkCrisis

Reeks of Jedi
Close, here is the release schedule:

• 2024 Player’s Handbook – September 17, 2024
  • 2024 Dungeon Master’s Guide – November 12, 2024
  • 2024 Monster Manual – February 18, 2025
However, if you get this now or later should make much of a difference. Things aren't changing much. Also, if you just get the PDF, it automatically updates if the publisher updates it later.

Doesnt seem like something updated "for free". Usually they want you to buy the new updated version for the new updated core game!

Doesnt seem like something updated "for free". Usually they want you to buy the new updated version for the new updated core game!
I was not talking about the WotC core books.

I'm talking about a DMs Guild PDF. If the author / publisher of a DMsGuild product updates the PDF and you purchased the original PDF, you get a notification to download the updated PDF for free.

My point is, if any changes to Tasslehoff's Pouches of Everything related to the updated core books is likely to be very minor and only justify an "update" (if anything) of the DMsGuild title, not a whole new book. If they simple updated the book, anyone who purchased the PDF will get a notification to download the updated PDF for free.

Last edited:

DarkCrisis

Reeks of Jedi
I was not talking about the WotC core books.

I'm talking about a DMs Guild PDF. If the author / publisher of a DMsGuild product updates the PDF and you purchased the original PDF, you get a notification to download the updated PDF for free.

My point is, if any changes to Tasslehoff's Pouches of Everything related to the updated core books is likely to be very minor and only justify an "update" (if anything) of the DMsGuild title, not a whole new book. If they simple updated the book, anyone who purchased the PDF will get a notification to download the updated PDF for free.
Right. I'm saying the changes are significant enough Tass 's could be a new book/charge.

And 5.5 looks to change quite a bit. Class/Race changes. Sub class changes. Im sure spells etc will get a look over. Lack of alignment. Etc Etc. I'm sure old Tass' will be "compatible" the same way any old 5E to 5.5E stuff will be but hey big changes big new updated book! Tass's Pouch Advanced!

Remove ads