Is Alcohol considered a poison in the game?

Boone

First Post
As topic state is alcohol considered a "poison" in the game.

It effects a character or a creatures abilities but is it considered a poison....? Any wotc support to your oppinion would be appreciated.

ogre

First Post
no, it's usually too yummy to be a poison. A drug, yes, but a poison.... only after yeaaaaars of consumption.
Of course, your liver may have a different opinion....

The Sigil

Mr. 3000 (Words per post)
From TFT...

From Tournaments, Fairs, and Taverns...

"Alcohol is a mild poison."

Thank you, Natural 20 press, for clearing this up! Since Natural 20 press is THE imprint of ENWorld, it must be true, right!?! :)

--The Sigil

Boone

First Post
So if a paladin were to slay a Chaotic Evil opponant after he had been drinking would the Paladin be subject to a "paladin code" violation?

Christian

Explorer
Boone said:
So if a paladin were to slay a Chaotic Evil opponant after he had been drinking would the Paladin be subject to a "paladin code" violation?

Depends on just how drunk the Paladin was ...

:D

(runs away)

bwgwl

First Post
i would say yes, if only so that dwarves could use their "+2 on Fort saves vs poison" to resist getting drunk. :p dwarves should be able to hold their drink better than other races...

Grazzt

Demon Lord
Rather than treating alcohol as a poison, ya could use the rules for drugs and such from, I believe, Magic of Faerun. Or use the 1e rules for intoxication (found in the DMG).

Otterscrubber

First Post
I think alchohol is a very mild poison that causes temporary Int damage, or possibly wisdom. Say 1d2 Wis, Int, Dex drain for initial and secondary poison and a DC of what, 20 or so? Works for me, although I would say that it comes back faster than 1 or 2 points per day.

Taloras

First Post
Otterscrubber said:
I think alchohol is a very mild poison that causes temporary Int damage, or possibly wisdom. Say 1d2 Wis, Int, Dex drain for initial and secondary poison and a DC of what, 20 or so? Works for me, although I would say that it comes back faster than 1 or 2 points per day.

Id say.....the temporary points come back at 2 per hour. And that 1d2.....thats 1d2 points for HOW much alcohol?

Remove ads