HQ: The 'Ready Lounge'

The Task Force “Ready Lounge”, as it’s been so lovingly referred to, is where Task force members go when waiting for an assignment. It is a fully decked out rec room, with a pool table, pinball, video games, multiple TVs with a full package of channels, computers, and a full bookshelf of magazines and books that are rotated out regularly. Couches, tables, and chairs adorn the room at convenient places, and there is a direct line to the cafeteria if anyone wants to order food. There is also a fully stocked fridge filled with all kinds of beverages.

However there are several briefing rooms attached to the rooms, as well as several status monitors posted around the rooms. Speakers positioned throughout the room are ready to call out for the next mission. The atmosphere is unique, to say the least.

The room is secured, and requires voice recognition to enter from the small entry chamber (nicknamed the announcement chamber) into the main room, which is also piped across the speakers to let people know who’s coming and going.

OOC: This is where PCs will wait for missions. All rules of the campaign apply here as well as any other in character thread. Please keep things generally friendly and in good spirits, and have fun role-playing while you wait for missions to become available.

You are REQUIRED to say your characters name (Either real name, Code/Hero name, or both) before you are allowed entry into the room. This is more so people will know who you are than anything, but it is built into the room that you are incapable of entering without doing this. Please observe this small rule.

There will be NO fighting in the room. If you feel you can’t solve your differences without fighting, simply start a new thread in some other location (Training room, outside, etc) and grab a judge. But in general, fighting is looked down upon by management, so please avoid it at all costs.

Most importantly, have fun.

Bront

The man with the probe
Gun Monkey

"Gun Monkey" anounces the primate as he enters the 'announcement chamber'. The doors quickly slide open and he steps into the room. He scans around, and finaly meanders over to a dart set, where he throws darts leisurely, forming random letters on the board, til he's out of darts and has to retrieve them, and begins anew.

He has short brownish black hair over his body, except for parts of his face, hands, and feet that are hairless, where they show his brownish skin. He is wearing navy blue spandex pants that stop just below his calves and have a hole for his tail, and a navy blue spandex mid-sleeve top. He has a black belt where he carries any gear he has with him, including his 2 pistols. The holsters for the pistols are oddly designed, and look to allow for a unique grab.

Rybaer

First Post
Kid Dinosaur

"We're still sorting out your living and education arrangements," the UN employee says, leading a wide-eyed Chip down the hallway. "Until then, you can relax and get acquainted with the facility. This is the 'Ready Lounge.' I'm sure you'll find plenty of things to keep yourself entertained with. Just say your name or code name and the door will open for you."

Chip looks up at the door and says, "Kid Dinosaur." It slides quietly open. "Sweet!"

"Looks like we've already got one of the new task force members here," she says in a tone that goes right over Chip's head.

"Okay, see ya later," Chip says as he walks into the room and looks around at all the cool stuff. The room looks like it was custom specced to his most daring dreams. Except for the conspicuous absence of a water slide.

Then he spots the other occupant and hesitates for just a moment. He stands up a little bit taller and walks toward Gun Monkey.

"Hey," he says with a wave. "I just arrived. You can call me Kid Dinosaur if you want. Or Chip. Whatever."

(Chip is a 13 yr old boy, barely 5' tall and maybe 100lbs soaking wet. He's got an unruly mass of wavy brown hair and is wearing a sweatshirt and jeans, both of which look too big for him.)

Bront

The man with the probe
Gun Monkey looks over and down at Chip. "Kid Dinosaur eh? You don't look like a dinosaur." He says as he throws darts till they form the & symbol.

Turns back to the dart board for a moment before he goes and retrieves the darts. "I thought your kind didn't let their children do this sort of thing?"

Rybaer

First Post
Bront said:
Gun Monkey looks over and down at Chip. "Kid Dinosaur eh? You don't look like a dinosaur." He says as he throws darts till they form the & symbol.

Turns back to the dart board for a moment before he goes and retrieves the darts. "I thought your kind didn't let their children do this sort of thing?"

"Well, I'm not a dinosaur now, but I can turn into one," Chip says. "Like this."

He squeezes his eyes for a moment and a ripple of light engulfs his body. A few seconds later, a creature that closely resembles a velociraptor of Jurassic Park fame is standing in his place.

"Pretty cool, eh?" the raptor says in the exact same voice as the kid. "I can turn into any type of dinosaur that ever lived. And I can turn into some other stuff too...but only extinct animals. For some scientists, I turned into an Ultrasaur. They used a scale at the Naval shipyard to measure me. Just under a hundred tons! I don't think they want me doing that in here, though."

Kid Dinosaur shifts forms again, this time into something that resembles a gigantic dragonfly.

"Mrs. Gibbs, my case worker, wasn't very happy when the UN guys showed up to recruit me," he goes on. "Said something about me being too young. I'm all for it, though. I want to use my powers, and everyone else is too scared of me to keep me around."

He flies a couple laps around the room, then transforms back into human form and cracks open a Pepsi from the fridge.

"So, uh, what are your powers?" he says, offering Gun Monkey a soda.

Kylara

First Post
"Hyuga Aika, Kunoichi." a young woman murmurs softly in the entrance hall. The door to the ante chamber opens and she enters the room. Her eyes seem to be everywhere at once taking in everything as she steps into the room. Aika seems quite hesitant, not quite sure what she is suppoused to be doing. he haltingly approaches the pair already present

"Konnichiwa, Hajime-mashite Hyuga Aika desu." Aika says with a slight bow, her nervousness at the new situation causing her to dip into a more familiar language. Her cheeks pinken, and she corrects herself, "Hello, I'm Aika Hyuga, pleased to meet you." she is wearing tight black pants, sandals, and a slightly bulky tan jacket that obscures what appears to be a very athletic, but possibly curvy form.

Bront

The man with the probe
Gun Monkey nods to Aika while continuing to throw darts. it seems this time he's creating a slow spiral out from the center of the board.

Kylara

First Post
"May...may I have your names?" she asks the pair, smiling shyly at the man and the boy. I wonder... is this little one to be a member of the team? He is so young, no, it is not polite to doubt him, if he is here, there is a reason...will he be ok? Will I even be ok? This seems so foolish, such a foolish thing to want to do...why am I? No, I will do this...they will be proud of me, Aika thinks to herself.

Remove ads