Midnight: A Lost Faith's Shadow. Book 1, The Awakening. Chapter 2, Flight

Valurel climbs to his feet as Reznik helps Aislinn and Kaela stand. He touches Aislinn on the head gently and whispers, "My thanks." Turning to Reznik, he says, ""I can travel. Plan still to go to Highwall?" He grows distant for a few moments before continuing. "Veradeen would be better, but is far, far away. I go where you lead, Reznik." He turns to Aislinn. "And you, child. I guard you with my own life."

Micar Sin

First Post
Morn tore strips of cloth form the goblins crude and filthy tunic and used them to tie off his wounds. before quickly rifling through to see if the dead humanoid had anything of value. " you'd best go on ahead, I'll only slow you down. If I make it, I'll meet you at highwall" A dribble of brilliant crimson ran from the corner of his mouth unnoticed as he picked up the goblins spear and leaned heavily against it.

OOC: at 0 hit points and disabled

elapse

First Post
Left Right Left, We all fall Down...

Reznik
"The shadow take them all!", Reznik cursed as he moved to Morn's side. "Lay down before you make the wounds worse." The Erenlander helped Morn to the ground before looking to Kaela. "Quickly, bring Aisilinn to him."

maddmic

Explorer
Herger looks at Reznik. "It is none of my concern as to why you run. Obviously you have stepped on the wrong person's toes. That, or the elf is reason alone to flee. My question to you all is what is your end goal? Besides survival, of course. Perhaps a better way of asking is, how far do you intend on travelling? How far is far enough?"

OOC:
Knowledge Northlands check please. Would Herger know of a different route to get the group where the wish to go? Do the woods continue for a while so that the group can be hidden a little bit better?

Krug

Newshound
"So join us you shal;" Starhl says to the wolf, eyeing her squarely.

"Any which way is good for me," says the barbarian.

Hrothgar

First Post
OOC: Herger realizes this region of the Northlands is mainly rolling hills and plains of swordgrass. The small woods in this area only top gently rising hills or fill small vales. The majority of the time, travel is across large swaths of plains that separate the small regions of wooded terrain. As for what is a good route, Herger is unsure. The distance to be travelled to Port Esben is hundreds of miles.

IC:

Kaela moves to Morn's side, leading Aislinn gently across the battle-torn ground. Kneeling, Aislinn places her hands on Morn. Thank you, small one. I have never met anyone like you...or Valurel. Even though I have been touched by the goddess, I still wish I could set my eyes on you. I have never seen an elf or thier kin with my eyes...and I don't think I ever will. I would rather you journey with us, rather than alone in this harsh country. In the faint luminescence surrounding Aislinn, Morn's wounds heal quickly and his life blood stops dripping into the soil. Her energy spent, Aislinn leans back into Kaela, breathing heavily. Tired. So tired. OOC: Morn is healed 8 points of damage.

OOC: What are the Heroes' plans?

maddmic

Explorer
Herger looks at the group and the shape that they're in. He then looks towards the way that the wargs had come from. He then turns back to the others. "I can travel with you. I can see that you are injured and need some assistance in reaching your goal, whatever that might be. I'm not a stranger in this immediate area, and perhaps can be of some assistance. What say you, will you have my axe?"

elapse

First Post
Where to?

Reznik
Swallowing hard, the Erenlander slightly tilts his head back so that he can speak, fighting against his throat the entire time. “The majority of us fled from Caft but the other day. An orc host descended upon the village like a plague. They were after the girl.” Reznik nods his head towards Aislinn so that the giant might know of whom he speaks. “The girls father begged us to take her as a ward.”

Reznik extended his hand to Morn to aid him to his feet. “As you can see, the girl’s powers are commendable.”

“The long term you ask?” Reznik now began to step towards the giant whom he was addressing. “Is to see Izrador banished to the netherworld along with the night kings and their damned hosts of orcs. Until then, I have made a promise to keep this child alive.” Reznik stops a few paces away from the giant. “I was trying to take them all to Highwall, where potential allies could hide us for a time. But, my upbringing on a farm near Port Esben has left me ignorant of the expanses of this land, so my ideas are limited.”

Reznik paused a moment for his words to sink in, “Do you have ideas? I fear we have no choice but to trust any who do not kill us on sight.”

Hrothgar

First Post
Fallax wipes the rain from his eyes. Port Esben. Highwall. Any of the major cities along the Pelluria will contain insurgents. The problem is contacting them. And of course surviving the journey. If we are lucky, the insurgents may have options for moving us out of harm's way. Looking back over his shoulder to the north and the direction the worg scouts came from, Fallax shudders. Let's move now, before the Shadow rolls over us.

Sitting in Kaela's arms, Aislinn draws up her knees, her wet, dress covered in mud and grass. I am ready to travel...I don't want to hold us back. I am Dorn. I am made of sterner stuff than I may appear. A small smile plays about her lips as she stands with Kaela's aid.

On the hill, the wolf lies in the wet grass, her nose nudging one of her dead pups.

Valurel crouches in the swordgrass, looking towards the western horizon. He then turns to face Reznik, Herger and the others. "No choice but to keep moving. No matter that I be Erunsil. Shadow kill us all without thought. West then? Let's go." Valurel will lead the way, scouting just slightly ahead of the group, trying to pick the best trail, and the easiest to travel, especially for a group that includes a blind girl and an old man.

Remove ads