Star Wars - Jedi Heroes

Timeron Malachi

First Post
My friend and I were talking about different playstyles for Jedi. Before I rolled up my character, I looked and some of the classes and they way they worked, and I decided on doing Weapon Finesse with expertise and Form IV.

I thought it was a rather smart idea, and so did he, so both our Jedi turned out that way, ridiculous AC and all that.

I was curious how other people structured their Jedi characters? Another gamer at the table swears by the "well-rounded Guardian" angle: A few ranks in everything, Force Mastery, and a good selection of mundane skills.

Another favors the Consular with tons of powers, ect.

So, whats everyone's favorite Jedi to play?

Timeron Malachi, Guardian 8, Weapon Master 3, Force Warrior 1

Penknight

First Post
I am personally rather fond of the Consular class. The character that I made was a Consular that later picked up Investigator, and then later Jedi Master. It has been over a year since I last played this character and I have lost his character progression sheet. I can list what I do have/remember though.

Darius Morel Jedi Consular 4/ Jedi Investigator 2/ Jedi Master 10/ Jedi Instructor 4

Ok, so I guess I remember better than I thought. Huh. Also, the stats for him turned out rather well. I got a Str 16, Dex 16, Con 15, Int 18 (1 point because of his level), Wis 18, Cha 16. I really did roll these by the method described in the Core Rulebook. Trust me, when I rolled these we went out and had a big celebration party. I normally roll terribly, with a 12 or 14 as my normal high stat.

Galethorn

First Post
My character started out as a (fairly) well-rounded human guardian who focused mostly on Move Object, Enhance Ability, Battlemind, and Affect Mind. Over time, I built him up with more combat abilities (lots of Saber/Knight/etc. Defense feats). At the high end, when the campaign was really starting to 'heat up,' he took the last few skills he needed and went Jedi Master from then on, along with taking some feats to go into Form VII (or whatever it was that Mace Windu practiced).

By the end, he had (pretty) good defense, great attack, great damage, and a plethora of force skills that let him do some amazing things, including bringing several party members from the brink of death on various occasions, hurling all sorts of things at malevolent droids, and so forth. He was one badassed Jedi, that Callon Kordyr. Sure, the weaponmaster with the saberstaff was unhittable, and did way too much damage, and the Jedi/Soldier multiclass could kill guys at long range quite well, but the Force was with Callon (that is, I rolled a lot of natrual 20s, including one instance of 3 in a row.)

He looked like a taller Obi-Wan with redder hair, and used a blue saber at first, but built a green one when his original was destroyed. He struck the killing blow on BBEG1, and severely hurt BBEG2, before being sent into unconciousness, at which point the weaponmaster killed the Sithy bastard. After the battle, he made a full recovery, and went on to become a member of the Jedi Council.

possum

First Post
I don't think I'm going to pass up this opportunity to flaunt my favorite RPG character.

Character originated as a 1st level Jedi Guardian/2nd level Scout in a Dark Times campaign. Basically, he managed to survive the Purge at 13 thanks to the sacrifice of three other Jedi and basically took up a job as a scout on the wilderness world he was stranded on.

Enough of the fluff, let's get into the crunch! (Never thought I'd hear myself say that...)

At the time of ANH, the 32 year-old Jorec Merridon is currently a JG10/Scout2 (thinking of swapping two of the Guardian levels and putting them into Jedi Master.) An average defense of 20 (22 with an ignited lightsaber), and is disastrous with a lightsaber. He is primarily a Form IV user with Weapon Finesse: Lightsaber, an Enhance Ability of +13, a Jump of +14, and a Tumble of +12.

His maximum possible attack modifiers with a lightsaber (using Enhance Dexterity and Battlemind) is +24/+19/+14, and his defense can get as high as 26.

Since the high level version of the character was created for fun (game died before we even leveled once...) he hasn't really had a real combat test yet.

Timeron Malachi

First Post
My guy, in particular, goes for AC: Defense and Knight Defense, Improved Combat Expertise. If I roll a 16 on my Enhance Ability, and get a +8 Dex, and do Full Combat Expertise and fight defensively, my AC goes to 50.

But, I swear, all the nat 20's the DM rolls are against me.

What I'm really looking forward to playing next is going to be a guardian/scholar/investigator. I'm going to be going for the "well-rounded" Jedi...lots of random knowledge, good detective, with decent fighting ability, and hopefully, staying power.

Here's some of the Jedi-types that I've played under both the d6 and d20 versions of Star Wars:

1st up, Donovan Morningfire (whom I use as my online name on a few different message boards) from a Rise of the Empire campaign started out in the vein of "Jedi Dex-Monkey," focusing on Weapon Finesse, the Lightsaber Defense feats, and Enhance Ability. When the Hero's Guide game out w/ Form IV Mastery (use Dex for damage), it was a natural fit. The fact that I always seemed to roll really well when using his Force skills played into the idea that he was a gifted student of the Force. Also a favorite enough character of mine that I've also written several short stories around his escapades, starting from how he got chosen as a Padawan to recent trials and tribulations as a Jedi Knight w/ a Padawan of his own. Class makeup was Jedi Guardian, the retrofitted to Jedi Guardian/Jedi Master/Jedi Blademaster (a homebrewed PrC) for the Revised Edition.

2nd was Erik Soltrani, a Jedi Guardian/Jedi Weapon Master with a focus on Form V from a campaign set a century or so before EpI. Not as "Force-strong" as Donovan, but very focused on being a lightsaber swordsman, with his main Force skills being Battlemind, Enhance Ability (for greater Strength), and Force Strike/Move Object for some distance options.

3rd on the list Ryxx Starsmore for d6 Star Wars. Started as a Young Jedi template, and eventually became a Force powerhouse, though at the detriment of his non-Force skills. He got retired from play after using telekinesis to have the party's transport ship make a very soft crash landing after the ship's engines and repulsors completely failed. And did this without using a Force Point. Only reason Ryxx didn't try to mop the floor with Vader or Sidious was this was a post-RotJ campaign.

Remove ads