[Satire] "Pizza" players vs. "Potato Chip" players

Are you in a pizza or potato chip campaign?

• A pizza campaign.

Votes: 33 55.9%
  • A potato chip campaign.

Votes: 13 22.0%
  • Pretty much a balance.

Votes: 13 22.0%

HalfElfSorcerer

First Post
In light of all the roleplaying vs. rollplaying/powergaming threads...
---
I have a problem in my gaming group. Some of my players have a snacking style that doesn't fit in with my campaign. Most of my players are just fine with the pizza I provide. However, some are not interested in the intricacies involved with pizza. They would rather simply stuff themselves with potato chips. I don't know how to handle this. Should I try and balance the campaign and provide potato chips? Or should I not cater to the deviants and stick with pizza? I would like to try to offer chips to keep these players in the group, but this may anger other players who like only pizza. What should I do?
---
Feel free to expand. :)

Bonedagger

First Post
The sound of chips can be very annoying. Ask them to stop eating chips. That is a just and good solution.

The only thing worse are chipdippers. Give those wretched beings some righteous beating with your dicebag.

Good game.

Shin Okada

Explorer
In my campaign, great majority of snacks are brought by players. I always serve something, but each players bring some snacks or bottles of drinks.

So in overall, DM have not so much control on this area.

Psychotic Jim

First Post
Well, if you wanted to avoid being favoritist, you could just say no snacks at all and make everybody equally mad at you :D. You probably would not live long but at least you would not be playing favorites.

Shadowsmith

Explorer
Pizza is the one true gaming food, of which all other gaming foods are mere shadow.

Pizza gives you a natural break in the game. This allows the players to unwind and joke out of character. Then upon resuming play they can remain focused on the game and the story. :)

Chips on the other hand tend to be consumed during play. Occasionally the snapping sounds of chip consumption can lend an air of verisimilitude to a combat, but in general, it detracts from the game. :(

Tsyr

Explorer
Buy one of those 99 cent "big grab" bags of chips, smoosh it a few times while it's still closed, then open it and spread the contents over the pizza.

Tsyr

Explorer
Oh, I should point out... the chip-on-pizza thing isn't entirely a joke... use some lays ruffles, on a pepperoni pizza... its actualy very good, if a bit messy.

Ulrick

First Post
I forbid food anywhere near my books. Drinks are okay though. I just don't like players eating something greasy like potato chips then handling my books.

That, and I hate it when I'm DMing a Ravenloft-like game and building up horror only to have it ruined by some player crunching away on fried fat food at the table.

But I do allow breaks for eating, so long as players eat away from my books and wash their hands afterward. During those times we usually order pizza.

Ulrick

Ulrick

First Post
Tsyr said:
Oh, I should point out... the chip-on-pizza thing isn't entirely a joke... use some lays ruffles, on a pepperoni pizza... its actualy very good, if a bit messy.

For some reason I got the image of Homer Simpson at the movies having the clerk put popcorn butter on his Milk Duds.

"Swim my pretties."

:D

Ulrick

Remove ads