Rivets Eternal: Metal Men and Fleshy Cogs

Songdragon

Explorer
Mack - The Big Sink, Room 1

Makh snorts at the dwarf's comments... "Progress my large rosey arse! There are better places then this hole in the ground!" the bugbear says as he starts to actually raise his deep voice in anger, "As for Trench-towner justice, please. I got myself hauled in and dumped here, no defence. Just called me a prisioner of war and some such!"

The bugbear stands and walks across the middle of the cell and then back again, more then a little irked. He again snarls at Tish's commet about her bridie friend and before he can say more the conversation becomes low as there is talk of escape. The large beast's ears actually perk up, which could be kind of amusing see the stubby left one do so as his normal right one. He lets out a grunt of frustration and curses in his native goblinoid tongue before moving back to his part of the wall where he sits yet again. His eyes norrow as he seems to trying to concetrate one what folks are saying.

jkason

First Post
Josh Mornston, human bard - The Big Sink, Cell Block 1

Bront said:
'You mean there really is one?" Orb asks, almost in awe of the idea.

Josh straightens up, and the air of storytelling enters his voice again, though now the tale he tells is low so as not to be overheard.

"There's always a Railroad, sweet, even when it's not real. Find a place where men and women want out, want freedom, and if you'll find a Railroad. Maybe it's just whispers and maybe it's always stories of a friend of a friend of a friend, but it's there. Sometimes it's just the hope that keeps you waking up in the morning. Sometimes--" Josh looks back to Liend and Tish, his own eyes showing a little wide-eyed awe "--it's flesh and bone and sitting right next to you, and you never even knew it."

Becca Bot

First Post
Tish, the Big Sink

Tish shuffles her hands in front of herself awkwardly, looking hopeful for some reason. "Whew, no one noticed my stupid inner-dialogue come aloud." She stands up, brushes off, and laughs heartily at Josh. "Thank you for singing to the heavens what I was desparately telling everyone to whisper." Tish waves her hand drowsily at Josh and then bows, in a sarcastic but dramatic way at the end of Josh's tune. "I am not innocent. I am not relevant to this horrid system of courts. And as for Mister Lliend here, well..." Tish's eyes move slowly to Lliend, saddening. "He's not innocent, but that doesn't mean a damned thing." Tish sits flatly back in her seat beside Lliend. "He's a good man, like... him."

Last edited:

dave_o

Explorer
The Big Sink, Cellblock #1

[imager]http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/9338/grater9kp.jpg[/imager]Fate is fickle. Some proponents of the technophilic religions believe that the occasional hiccups in a closed system, the gradual build-ups of slightly missed cog teeth and gentle belt variaton which ends up in something completely unexpected, are part of life, as a whole. That in the closed system of being alive occasionally something strange and incidental happens merely as part of the system. Others believe that all of these events are not chance, and guided by a steady and divine hand.

Whatever the case, sometimes the man comes around.

As the nine incarcerated compaions speak amongst themselves, syrupy Trenchtown night pressing down upon them in the dim confines of their cell, a darker shape presses itself against the stormdrain, accompanied by a very faint scrabbling which goes mostly unnoticed. In the darkness those with the right kind of eyes can make a set of weary eyes peering into the slight slit of stormdrain where the ceiling meets the wall. Almost immediately there appears the fat, boil-covered nose of a black rat, directly to the left of the set of eyes.

A rasping, male voice murmurs in Elven -- "Caplin...?"

The rat makes an nigh-inaudible squeak. The Big Sink continues its nighttime cacophony unimpeded.

OOC: By "right kind of eyes" I mean if you have Darkvision or Low-light vision.

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Josh Mornston, human bard - The Big Sink, Cellblock #1

dave_o said:
A rasping, male voice murmurs in Elven -- "Caplin...?"

The rat makes an nigh-inaudible squeak. The Big Sink continues its nighttime cacophony unimpeded.

Josh doesn't look up to the drain, but rather toward the door, making sure no one's nearby so far as he can tell. He whispers out the side of his mouth to Tish "Friend of yours, sweet?"

Becca Bot

First Post
Tish, The Big Sink

jkason said:

Josh doesn't look up to the drain, but rather toward the door, making sure no one's nearby so far as he can tell. He whispers out the side of his mouth to Tish "Friend of yours, sweet?"

Tish looks alarmed and even a little upset by the sudden entrance. She had no idea who this new comer from up above might be, but the irony of him arriving the same day as Enri, her eagle companion, is all too uncanny. Giving thanks to her elven heritage for once, she can make out two eyes and a rat. Gasping, she takes the chance and sings out in druidic, "Be you friendly?" And then she cautiously speaks to the air above in the same elven tongue as the intruder, "Who goes there?" Tish's eyes move to Lliend, thinking this may be in part his doing, but says nothing to give him away. Taking lead at Lliend's convenience, Tish motions her hand in a gentle wave to Josh, and then pointing to the door and shrugs mouthing almost silently, "Anyone?"

OOC: Used low-light vision.

Last edited:

jkason

First Post

Becca Bot said:
Taking lead at Lliend's convenience, Tish motions her hand in a gentle wave to Josh, and then pointing to the door and shrugs mouthing almost silently, "Anyone?

Josh thinks to put a finger to his lips in case newcomer Orb should decide to voice her curiousity, then he creeps toward the door, trying to catch any sign of guards.

OOC: Listen +2, and if there's any kind of window to see from (I don't think there is?) Spot +0. Might need to make a Move Silently if there is someone out there, so just in case, that's at +4

Last edited:

Songdragon

Explorer
Makh - The Big Sink, Cellblock #1

Makh looks up at hearing a rasping voice speak in some foreign language and then to Tish who does the same. He about narrowing his gaze as he wonders who is up there and what exatly is going on, but waits to see.

OOC: Has Darkvision, and if needed Listen & Spot both +6.

doghead

thotd
Iannja, female elf

Iannja - The Big Sink

Iannja unclurls slightly and glances up at the new arrival. At the name she frowns in thought. Do we have a Caplin amoung us? The name doesn't sound familiar.

Iannja strains her eyes and ears to see what else she can pick up about the pair above.

ooc: Spot +4 (low light vision), Listen +4.

Remove ads