Who wants to be a Wayfinder? Part 1

Mista Collins

First Post
"This could be interesting. I think I should try and find more about this." Seria says as she shows Midian the piece of canvas. "Do you have any idea why they would have come after us?"

Shayuri

First Post
Whisper jumps slightly, startled by the voice behind her. She looks around, then waves Johan closer.

"Yes...our assailant's face, for one. And he was well-equipped for a common thug or assassin..."

She begins removing the dead man's possessions and rifling through any pouches for more clues as to his identity. She keeps one hand pressed to her wound, and coughs every so often, but seems driven by anger and sheer will.

Bront

The man with the probe
"Here m'lady, let me," Johan says, placing his hands on Whisper, chaneling his healing powers through them.

OOC: healing her up to full if able. Lay hands.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
As Midian and Seria move down the stairway they can see the innkeeper and several servants emerging from the staff quarters. Most of them are carrying long clubs and saps. The innkeeper himself is carrying a hammer. They can hear him giving instructions to his staff. "... and then the half-naked girl ran outside covered in blood. A second later that tall fellow followed her out with a bloody sword. Rufus, run and find a patrolman." One of the younger men nods and runs out the door.

Outside Whisper pauses in her searching long enough for Johan to lay a hand on the wound. The channeled divine power energizes the wound and causes the tissue to stitch back together. The wound closes up completely leaving behind only a faint pink scar beneath the tear in the cloth. Whisper finds little else on the body. There is only a single, hard pouch attached to his belt. Inside the pouch are two curiously shaped glass bottles shaped like tears. The point of the tear is long, thin and looks like it would break easily. Both bottles are dyed a dark red color. Holding one up to the light she can see it contains an amount of liquid.

Just then Johan and Whisper hear the bang of a door being slammed open and footsteps running away from the front of the inn.

Mista Collins

First Post
"Sir! Sir! Sir!" Seria shouts as soon as she over hears what the innkeeper said. "I hope you don't think that man attacked that woman. They are both friends of mine and friends of each other. The five of us were attacked my two men dressed in black clothing." With a sigh as she tries to force the following words out of her mouth, Seria continues. "They killed one of us. Both those whom you saw run outside were going to the body of one of the attackers, whom we were able to take care of. The second assailant fled."

Shayuri

First Post
Whisper nods and says, "Thanks," a bit gruffly. "There's a few interesting tidbits here, but the light's atrocious. Lets get him and his stuff inside by the fire so we can see more details."

She glances after the retreating boy and adds, "And to corroborate our story."

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

Mista Collins said:
"Sir! Sir! Sir!" Seria shouts as soon as she over hears what the innkeeper said. "I hope you don't think that man attacked that woman. They are both friends of mine and friends of each other. The five of us were attacked my two men dressed in black clothing." With a sigh as she tries to force the following words out of her mouth, Seria continues. "They killed one of us. Both those whom you saw run outside were going to the body of one of the attackers, whom we were able to take care of. The second assailant fled."

"It's the truth, sir," Midian confirms, still trying to control his own grief at the loss of Jaron. "They appear to have climbed down from your roof."

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Johan rounds the corner to the front of the inn and spots the retreating back of a young man wearing a white

night shirt and trousers heading away up the street. Behind Johan Whisper gathers up the man's items and

starts to drag the body towards the front door.

Inside, the innkeeper listens to Seria and Midian with a doubtful expression. In the end though he seems to be convinced by their story. "Well it's the truth that you checked in as a group and y'all don't seem like the trouble making sort. It's still best to get this whole mess sorted out by the guard. They'll want to speak to all of you first." He turns to one of his servants. "Go on out and see if they need any help. That lass looked like she was cut up pretty bad." One of the servants heads out to check on Johan and Whisper.

Outside Johan sees another man emerge from the inn. He stops suddenly seeing Johan standing there and eyes him a little warily. "Is everything alright out here?" He looks over at Whisper dragging the body around the corner of the building.

Rolls
[SBLOCK]
Seria +12 Midian +2 Aid (1d20+14=23) Friendly Result
[/SBLOCK]

Remove ads