Who wants to be a Wayfinder? Part 1

SelcSilverhand

First Post
The cut at Jarons throat is deep and it is clear that he is beyond help. His eyes are still closed and it is unlikely that he felt anything in the last moment. After relaying the sad news, Midian moves to the window and looks down. Other than some trash spilt into the street, there is no sign of the attacker. A thin rope hangs down next to the window and appears to be attached somewhere up on the roof.
As Whisper dashes down the steps to the common room she nearly bowls over the innkeeper heading up the stairway with a lantern. He calls out to her "What's all this here? What's happening up... By the Host, you're bleeding!" He doesn't impede her though as she rushes on by and out the door. In the alley on the other side of the inn she spots the downed attacker. The figure is about her height but swaddled in black cloth everywhere except its face. Black paint covers its exposed skin further hiding its features. Another rope hangs down from the roof alongside the window.

Bront

The man with the probe
Knowing Midian is capable of taking care of Jaron, Johan accompanies Whisper out to check on the fallen man, Longsword still in hand. When the inkeeper spots them, he speaks, "Tis all right, everything is under control now. If you have any bandages or cloth that can be used as such, we would appreciate it. I appologize for the damage to your door, but it could not be helped."

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

SelcSilverhand said:
The cut at Jarons throat is deep and it is clear that he is beyond help. His eyes are still closed and it is unlikely that he felt anything in the last moment. After relaying the sad news, Midian moves to the window and looks down. Other than some trash spilt into the street, there is no sign of the attacker. A thin rope hangs down next to the window and appears to be attached somewhere up on the roof.

Midian squints for a moment, pushing his emotions down at the sight of his murdered comrade and the knowledge that his killer has escaped. He turns back to see Seria in the doorway, and hears Johan's voice in the hall. Steeling himself, he moves to his female companion. He tries to make his voice strong but comforting; it feels like neither as he fights to maintain control.

"There is nothing we can do for Jaron now other than find his killer. I suspect the man Whisper dispatched is our best bet of doing that. Come."

With that, Midian, too, moves down the stairs to join the others, closing the men's chambers' door so that no one might chance upon Jaron in the meanwhile.

Mista Collins

First Post
Silently Seria follows Midian, with tears slowly rolling down her cheek. As soon as time is available, I must write his family to inform them, Seria thinks to herself as she wipes some of the tears.

Bront

The man with the probe
jkason said:
"There is nothing we can do for Jaron now other than find his killer. I suspect the man Whisper dispatched is our best bet of doing that. Come."
OOC: Or you could check the other body with longsword wounds besides Jaron :p

Shayuri

First Post
(hee...)

Outside, in the dark, Whisper mutters a few words, and her eyes flare with a momentary glow of light. Thus sensitized to magic auras, she goes to the fallen one's body, grabs it by the shoulders, and flips it over onto its back so she can remove its mask and search it more thoroughly for any insignia, notes, or other evidence.

jkason

First Post
Bront said:
OOC: Or you could check the other body with longsword wounds besides Jaron :p

[sblock=OOC]Huh? I thought we just found out the guy we fought in our room got away? I seem to have missed something... :\ [/sblock]

Bront

The man with the probe
jkason said:
[sblock=OOC]Huh? I thought we just found out the guy we fought in our room got away? I seem to have missed something... :\ [/sblock]
OOC: Doh, missed that part.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
The innkeeper backs away from Johan and his drawn longsword, still glistening with the blood from attacker upstairs. He waits until Johan steps through the outside door before scrambling towards the staff quarters. Distantly Johan can hear the innkeeper pounding on doors and waking the occupants up.

Outside, Whisper rolls the body over and undoes the cords holding its face mask in place. Beneath the black cloth she sees the face of a young human male, perhaps twenty summers old. His skin is darkly tanned and there is a fairly recent scar running along his jaw line. Around his waist she finds a belt with several odd, thick tubes about 8" long attached vertically to a belt. The cases are hard, metal cylinders wrapped in black cloth to keep them quiet. Opening one, she finds a piece of parchment scrawled with arcane symbols and writing. There are 6 of the tubes total and 5 of them hold similar scrolls. Using her magical sight she also finds that one of the rings worn beneath his gloves are glowing faintly. A second glow comes from the long knife he carried that lies in the street a few feet away. Finally, a third glow comes from somewhere up above where this rope is attached at.

As Midian and Seria close the door to the men's room, Seria spots something on the ground. A small scrap of paper briefly moved by the air's disturbance from the closing door. Though it could just be a piece of trash, it has bright colors on it that draw the eye. Picking it up, she finds it thicker than a normal parchment, more like canvas. The coloring looks to be part of a red and gold design, painted to look like a flag on a large wooden pole. Most of the design on the flag is missing.

Remove ads