Who wants to be a Wayfinder? Part 1

Mista Collins

First Post
With a scream of pain, Seria jumps up in her bed so that she isn't lying prone and backs up against the wall trying to dodge the assailant’s blade.

[sblock]Stand up from prone as a move action. Total Defense as a Standard action.

I forgot the dagger I threw was the only melee weapon I had. Opps.[/sblock]

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Seria's attacker slashes at her with his curved blade but she dodges agiley away from him. Across the room Whisper rises from her bed and incants a spell forming an invisible shield of force between her and the intruder.
In the second bedroom, Johan channels divine power through his longsword and deals a strong blow to his attacker. The intruder retaliates with a savage slash of its knife, cutting another bloody furrow.

Round Recap
[SBLOCK]
Surprise Round - Complete
Johan - Miss Johan Attack (1d20+5=8)
Seria - Throws Dagger
BadGuys - Both hit and do damage

Round 1 - Complete
Johan - +8, Smite Evil
Seria - Total Defense, AC19
Midian - Starts Summoning
BadGuys - BG1 Miss, BG2 Hit
Whisper - casts Shield, AC16

Round 2
Johan -
Seria -
Summoned Animal -
Midian -
BadGuys -
Whisper -

Damage Recap
Johan: -5
Midian:
Seria: -5
Whisper:
BG1: -3
BG2: -10
[/SBLOCK]

Rolls
[SBLOCK]
If you'd like to, you can roll your own attacks and damage. I don't mind rolling for you but it's usually more fun if you're the one hitting or missing =)

BG1 in Seria/Whisper's Room
BG2 in Johan/Midian/Jaron's Room
BadGuys attack(BG1, BG2) (1d20+6=17, 1d20+6=24)
Johan Attack, Damage (1d20+8=25, 1d8+4=5)
BG2 Damage (1d6+1=3)
[/SBLOCK]

OOC
[SBLOCK]
I'll be out of town this week until Sunday, not sure on net access
[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Mista Collins

First Post
Moving off her bed and away from the attacker, Seria hopes to get closer to the door and where her backpack and crossbow lay.

[sblock=OOC]FUll round action to withdraw (negating AoO) down to the southeast corner of the room (according to the map)[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Whisper incants, weaving her fingers in complicated mudras. Motes of blue light swirl around her hands, spiraling into a bright center that grows between her palms. With the final words, she opens her fingers, releasing the collected energy into a pair of azure, shard-like bolts of pure magical energy that weave crazily across the room and strike the would-be assassin!

(Magic missile - 2d4+2 = 8 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=729072) )

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

The growl coalesces into the form of a monstrous badger, which attacks even as it appears, though the creature seems quite out of sorts--whether from its summons or its environment is unclear. It swipes and bites wildly. Meanwhile, Midian rolls to the end of his bed, pulling his shortspear from the side of his backpack and preparing himself to join the fray.

[sblock=OOC]Dire Badger:
Claw 1: Attack 12, dmg 4
Claw 2: Attack 9, dmg 3

Bite: Attack 1 (we know that misses)

Midian: Move to end of bed, then draw weapon.[/sblock]

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Johan manages to catch the intruder with another solid blow as it is distracted by the sudden appearance of the snarling badger. Holding his wounded side he moves backwards dodging your counterattacks until he can throw himself out the window. You hear a crash down below as its body strikes something. You can hear the muffled sounds of combat coming from outside your room and a woman's cry of pain.

The second intruder turns from the unarmed Seria as she tries to get clear to her supplies and focuses on the wizard. He moves swiftly across the room and buries his dagger in her upper chest. He pulls it back and raises it to strike again. Whisper backs up a short distance to incant another spell. Glowing bolts of force leap from her fingers and slam into her target. It grunts in pain as the bolts break bones in its chest.

[SBLOCK]
Round 2 Complete
Johan - Hit, DMG 9
Seria - Withdraw
Summoned Animal - Miss x3
Midian - Move to bed and draw weapon
BadGuys - BG1 Attack, BG2 retreat
Whisper - 5' step back and cast Magic Missile, DMG 8

Round 3
Johan -
Seria -
Summoned Animal -
Midian -
BadGuys -
Whisper -

Johan: -5
Midian:
Seria: -5
Whisper: -6
BG1: -11
BG2: -19

BG1 Attack (1d20+6=16, 1d6+1=6)

Code:
###############O###O###O###
#           #  |       |  #
#           #__|X      |__#
#           # W           #
#           #            S#
#____H______#_______H_____#
#                         
#____H______________H_____#
#           #             #
#           #__   M__   __#
#           #  | B|  | |  #
#           #  |JX|j | |  #
###############O###O####O##

Legend:
W = Whisper
S = Seria
J = Johan
j = Jaron
M = Midian
B = Dire Badger

X = Dark Figures

O = Window
H = Door
[/SBLOCK]

Mista Collins

First Post
Grabbing her crossbow and a bolt from where they lay next to her backpack in the corner, Seria loads it and takes aim at the intruder.

[sblock=OOC]Move action to pick up item, move action load crossbow[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
SelcSilverhand said:
Johan manages to catch the intruder with another solid blow as it is distracted by the sudden appearance of the snarling badger. Holding his wounded side he moves backwards dodging your counterattacks until he can throw himself out the window. You hear a crash down below as its body strikes something. You can hear the muffled sounds of combat coming from outside your room and a woman's cry of pain.

[sblock=OOC]I don't want to metagame too badly, but I'm assuming one of the points of the way this encounter began was to write Jaron out of the adventure, is that correct? I'd normally be inclined to have Midian check if Jaron's alive / stabalize him with his Cure Minor Wounds spell, but if he's 'meant to die,' as it were, I can let Seria's cry distract Midian and save the healing for her.[/sblock]

SelcSilverhand

First Post
OOC
[SBLOCK]
Aye, since he hasn't been around since July I figured it would be best to write him out of the adventure. We might even look at recruiting one more if the group is so inclined.
[/SBLOCK]

Remove ads