Who wants to be a Wayfinder? Part 1

ProfYeti

First Post
Jaron Dain - Paragon/Wizard

Looking around as he and the ladies make their way from the crew section he turns from one to the other in a low voice. "Well that was exciting." The grin on his face showing the comment was in jest. "So what is the next step?"

jkason

First Post
ProfYeti said:
Looking around as he and the ladies make their way from the crew section he turns from one to the other in a low voice. "Well that was exciting." The grin on his face showing the comment was in jest. "So what is the next step?"

Hearing Jaron through the link, Midian returns "Then you made it out? We'll meet you in Seria's quarters and see if the journal tells us anything useful."

Assuming none of his companions ask him to continue watching, Midian feigns a yawn and a satisfied yawn and wanders back down to their quarters to see what Seria's recovered.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Back in Seria's quarters, the group waits for the last stragglers to make their way back. Gathering around, you lean in close to listen as Seria reads from the journal.

The small journal is filled with rough sketches of plants, animals, and scenery. Interspersed between them are short descriptions of the day they were drawn and how the hunting was. From his notes you learn that Micah was a hunter and general laborer for a shifter community to the West in the Eldeen Reaches. Halfway through the journal the notes change. You find an entry from roughly 4 months ago.

"Back from long hunt. The entire village was burned, bodies everywhere. Many killed by sword. Everyone is gone. Found single tracks going east. I will find them and they will die by the claw."

Gone are the sketches and idealic scenes. They are replaced with sketches of mutilated bodies, regional maps where Micah picked up some clue worth noting. The rest of his notes are have at least a dozen instances of bodies of individual shifters found in the forest, or where a village has been put to the torch.

Near the end you find another note of interest. Micah came upon another burned village and found a survivor.

"Found a freshly burned village south of the Buruelli river fork. One survivor, a child, overlooked in the carnage. She says she saw a human in gleaming metal killing everyone. Matches the tracks. Close to Aundair. Crossing the border."

From there he spent the next month tracking across northern Aundair using only the loose description he had of the man. At one point Micah writes that some traveling merchants remember seeing a knight of the silver flame. His entire focus goes into finding this man. The rest of his entries are sparse on details, but his hatred can almost be felt etched into the pages.

"It's the church of the silver flame. They've always hated us. They're murderers and zealots. He's their agent, their killing hand. He's leaving on a flying ship. He won't escape me."

"Met another shifter. I asked but he won't help me. This task is for me alone."

That is the last entry Micah wrote.

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

Midian pales at the recounting of events, then turns to Johan.

"You know religions better than I, but this ... this isn't what The Silver Flame stands for anymore, is it? I thought they gave up their purge?"

[sblock=OOC]Midian has no ranks in Know: religion, so I'm not sure what would and wouldn't be common knowledge to someone who didn't follow the faith[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
"Officially they did," Whisper says quietly. "But there's always a few...bad apples."

She taps a finger on the book. "I wonder what our captain was planning on doing with this. Would it be sufficient evidence for the Church to act against Brelloch?"

Whisper looks at Johan as well.

Mista Collins

First Post
"I don't know much about the church's policy on situations like this." Seria says as she closes the journal slowly. "But I do have to admire Micah's ability to track sir Brellooch down of such a broad area. I could have learned a few things from him."

"The last passage did say he asked the other shifter for help. I wonder why Urrup wasn't forward with this? Any thought on any of this Johan?"

Bront

The man with the probe
"Well, unfortunately, some people choose to follow old, or often contradictory doctrine. And while the Silver Flame is not actively pursuing their clensing, it's not supprising that some still are continuing on that war. As for why he didn't ask us for help, why would he? It's not like we knew him."

OOC: Sorry for the delay, kept meaning to post, and forgetting.

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

Bront said:
"Well, unfortunately, some people choose to follow old, or often contradictory doctrine. And while the Silver Flame is not actively pursuing their clensing, it's not supprising that some still are continuing on that war. As for why he didn't ask us for help, why would he? It's not like we knew him."

OOC: Sorry for the delay, kept meaning to post, and forgetting.

Midian nods grimly, glancing to the door.

"I suppose we have a few options, but I'm not entirely sure what the best choice is," the young druid says. "We can present the captain with what we've found, but considering the means by which we obtained it, I don't suspect he'll respond kindly to that. And there's always the risk he's already read the journal and has chosen not to act for some reason, which worries me more than a little.

"We can take the journal to the closest center of law, or church of the Silver Flame, and present our own case.

"Or, we can gather ourselves together and face Brelloch ourselves in the name of justice. Perhaps Urrup feared sharing Micah's fate, but with strength of numbers, he would willingly join us?"

Mista Collins

First Post
jkason said:
"I suppose we have a few options, but I'm not entirely sure what the best choice is," the young druid says. "We can present the captain with what we've found, but considering the means by which we obtained it, I don't suspect he'll respond kindly to that.

This isn't an option. Do remember our main task lies elsewhere and this ship is how we are getting there.

jkason said:
"We can take the journal to the closest center of law, or church of the Silver Flame, and present our own case.

"This is the option I prefer. Since we are docked now, this might be our best chance. We might not have any luck finding proper justice in the Lhazaar Principalities. But that would be dependant on the type of Prince is in command of the law."

jkason said:
"Or, we can gather ourselves together and face Brelloch ourselves in the name of justice. Perhaps Urrup feared sharing Micah's fate, but with strength of numbers, he would willingly join us?"

At this comment Seria gets a smile. "It would be fun to make sure Brelloch receives justice. But is a simple journal enough to accuse him? And if we were to get Urrup to join us, I don't think we could do anything until we got to the Lhazaar Principalities. We don't want to upset Grud'al or the Captian. Speaking of the Captain, does anyone recall seeing him ondeck when all this happened. I wonder what his thoughts are?"

ProfYeti

First Post
Jaron Dain - Paragon Wizard

Shifting from where he was leaning against the wall, Jaron nods his head as his companions make their various point. "I agree with Seria on the options presently arrayed before us. I am a fair swimmer, but the prospect of having to do so all the way to our destination doesn't excite me in the least." Pausing just a moment as he considers the proposal again. "And as much as I would personally like to see the person who would do such a thing brought to justice, there seems to be little actual evidence other than account from a small child regarding a human in gleaming metal. That just seems a bit flimsy to justify an attack." Pausing once again to take in the groups varied expressions before continuing. "But I agree with the idea of bring the evidence, what little their is, to either a Church of the Silver Flame and let them investigate. Or we could try and find a House Deneith enclave and try and get word to a Sentinel Marshal so they can look into the crime. Which would allow us to bring the incident to light, as well stay on the task at hand."

OOC - (Sorry but apparently I was unsubscribed during the last troubles, but I am back now.)

Last edited:

Remove ads