Who wants to be a Wayfinder? Part 1

ProfYeti

First Post
Jaron Dain - Paragon Wizard

Still leaning against the wall near the back corner of the room, Jaron easily takes in the various ideas from his companions. "Well if we are going to speak with a Silver Flame representative we might want to move soon. If they have questions, or more likely need to verify the veracity of our claims by spell, this could take time."

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

"Agreed," Midian says with a quick nod. "We find out from the captain how long we have at port, then head for the closest church."

OOC: Works for me.

Shayuri

First Post
Whisper nods.

"Lets do it then. Johan, I expect you'll need to do the talking once we're there. The word of ordinary people against that of a paladin won't go far. You're the only one with the...spiritual authority to make this claim against him."

"I'll be right back."

She returns to her cabin to dress in her usual outfit, and stashes the sailor clothes in her pack...being a bit too paranoid to leave them where they could be found on the ship. Once back in her usual shape, mask, and clothes, she returns to the others.

"Alright, I'm ready."

SelcSilverhand

First Post
With a plan in hand, the party leaves their cabin and heads up on deck to find the captain. The crew have opened the cargo hatches and are busy lowering and raising crates. Captain Aust is speaking with an older dwarf with a black beard streaked with gray. You overhear them discussing the cargo manifest as you approach. The captain informs you that the ship will only be in dock for five hours this evening before they are ready to depart.

A sailor holding a clipboard is on duty at the gangway. He checks off your names on his list and reminds you to be back in time for the ships departure. From the docking platform you have an excellent view of the dwarven river city. On either side of the river are massive dwarven statues built into guard towers. Between the two statues stretches a massive metal chain. To your amazement, as the sun lowers in the sky the arms of the statue lower slowly bringing the chain down closer to the water. Seeing your stare, one of the workers stops to comment on it. "That there are the Sentinals of the City. They lower the chain at night to keep ships from entering the city. Not that any raiders these days would be foolish enough to try! Ha!" He picks up the burlap sack he was carrying and goes back to work stacking supplies.

ProfYeti

First Post
Jaron Dain - Paragon Wizard

As he amd his companions walk down the street, Jaron' gaze moves from side to side nervously. "So does anyone have any knowledge of this city and the services it offers? It ight be easiest if we hire a guide to help us with our search. My coin is not much but I would gladly part with some to expidiate the journey."

jkason

First Post

ProfYeti said:
As he amd his companions walk down the street, Jaron' gaze moves from side to side nervously. "So does anyone have any knowledge of this city and the services it offers? It ight be easiest if we hire a guide to help us with our search. My coin is not much but I would gladly part with some to expidiate the journey."

"Maybe we can save the coin. Surely we could simply ask someone if there's a temple and where to find it?"

So saying, Midian tries asking for directions at the next open establishment.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Asking around with the workers at the docking platform, you soon turn up the name and location of a temple nearby. The helpful worker gives you directions and sends you on your way. The streets are beginning to fill as shops close and people begin heading home. While the vast majority of the population is dwarven, there are a few humans and halflings in the mix. The halflings ride bizarre saurian mounts with dangerous looking claws and fangs. In their traveling party are larger saurians carrying large packs, no doubt trade goods of some kind. Most of the travelers give them a wide berth as they travel down the main road. It takes a little under an hour to make your way through the unfamiliar streets but soon Johan spots something familiar. A waving flag sporting the crest of the Silver Flame.

The church sits in the midst of a large yard surrounded by a stone wall. The building is carved from smooth stone with such close fitting stone that the seams are almost invisible. The door is open and you can see a flickering light inside. Inside the ceiling is held up by stone pillars with finely carved wooden benches mixed among them. In the center of the room is a dias upon which sits a large silver platter. In the center of the platter burns a bright flame. A few parishoners are knelt in prayer around the room as silver-robed acolytes move among them, sometimes kneeling to pray with them. Seeing you enter, one rises to greet you. Hearing you desire to speak to a church official, he directs you to a small room off of the main sanctuary. Inside sits an older man wearing the vestments of a priest. His desk is covered in scrolls and books but he sets aside his pen as you enter. "Welcome travellers to our humble temple to the Holy Flame, I am Templar Kiran. Is there something I can do for you?

jkason

First Post

SelcSilverhand said:
"Welcome travellers to our humble temple to the Holy Flame, I am Templar Kiran. Is there something I can do for you?

Midian opens his mouth to speak, closes it, then forces out nervously, "Your worship, we bring news of a crime which we think the Silver Flame will wish to handle," He falls short on the details, obviously feeling out of sorts. Rather than continue, Midian looks to his companions and takes a step or two back, eyes finally falling on Johan.

Shayuri

First Post
Whisper clears her throat, a little ill at ease in her strange garb here in this temple. She nudges Johan's arm slightly and says, "This is Johan, who is of your order. It would be best if you heard the account from him, I think...for it involves another of your temple."

She gives Johan a look, and motions with her head for him to step forward.

Remove ads