• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Who wants to be a Wayfinder? Part 1

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

"As long as it didn't sound like undead pirates," Midian half-jokes, though he wrings his hands nonetheless, looking about in the gloom.

[sblock=OOC]Spells are the standard batch from Midian's sheet:
Orisons (4): Resistance, Flare, Cure Minor Wounds, Guidance
1st level (3): Cure Light Wounds, Produce Flame, Speak with Animals[/sblock]

Mista Collins

First Post
Seeing Johan grab his dagger, Seria sighs. "I wish I would have convinced Grud'al to allow me to bear arms aboard the ship. He might regret his decision once he realizes we would have been much more help with weapons."

jkason

First Post

"I can still call creatures to aid us, and made sure I had a few rituals that might prove helpful in a fight," Midian confides. "Let us hope we have no need of them, but I'm with you, Johan."

Bront

The man with the probe
"Grab what you can, even a makeshift club is better than nothing," Johan says as he leads the way out the door, quickly but trying to not make too much noise.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
In the hallways of the ship there isn't another soul to be seen. At this late hour everyone who isn't on watch is trying to get some rest. The erratic movement of the ship as it is pushed by the wind makes walking an adventure in itself. The lanterns have been dimmed and there are shadows everywhere. Up the stairs, past the mess hall you can hear the sound even louder. It is coming from the left stairway leading up to the top deck. One of the doors is swinging ajar and banging against the frame. Rain is falling through the opening, making the wood slick.

Through the doorway you can see the ship engulfed in the storm. The deck is awash in water and the sheets of rain make it difficult to make out any of the running lights on the ship. The lights in the middle section of the ship are out but a nearby flash of lightning reveals a stark tableau. Three figures are locked in a struggle in the middle of the deck.

Johan & Seria
[SBLOCK]
Spot Checks
Seria (1d20+7=21)
Johan (1d20=20)

In the brief glimpse you get during the lightning flash several things stand out in your mind. The flash of steel from a weapon and armor. White teeth on the shortest of the three figures. Finally, the sight of an open wound on green hued skin.
[/SBLOCK]

Map
[SBLOCK]
Code:
Top Deck
   .#.
  .###.
 .#####.
.#######.
####[COLOR=Red]I[/COLOR]####
#.......#
#.......#
#.......#
#...#...#
#[COLOR=Blue]H[/COLOR].###.H#
#...#...#
#.......#
#.......#
#.#..X#.#
#.#.XX#.#
#.......#
#..###..#
#.......#
#.......#
#..###..#
##[COLOr=Red]I[/COLOR]###[COLOR=Red]I[/COLOR]##
#########
#########
#########

X = The combatants
Blue H = Where you are standing
[/CODE]
[/SBLOCK]

ooc - Initiatives please. Also a balance check if you move onto the deck.

Mista Collins

First Post
Looking at Johan and nodding in acknowledgement of what she sees, Seria slows climbs up on deck and tries to move without being seen. Hopefully the sounds of the storm keep the three figures on deck from noticing her as she approaches closer for a better view.

[sblock=rolls]Initiative = 20 (1d20+3)
Balance = 9 (1d20+3)
Hide = 15 (1d20+8)
Move Silently = 24 (1d20+8)
[/sblock]

jkason

First Post

As Midian hears his companions' accounts of what's on deck, he reaches out and puts a hand on Johan's shoulder. The druid's words sound something like the storm itself, and a charge flows from him into the paladin.

"You're the only one of us armed," Midian says as he lifts his hand. "I've given you energies you can call on to bolster your natural abilities in a single moment of need. Hopefully, it will help."

With that, he follows Johan and Seria abovedeck into the storm.

[sblock=OOC]Initiative = 13
Balance 9

Also, Midian cast Guidance on Johan. +1 to a single attack, save, or skill check at Johan's option.[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Whisper scowls behind her mask and says over the storm, "I can't see them! I must see my target to direct my spells! We need light down there."

[sblock]Intiative: 20 http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=516991
Balance: She has not yet stepped out on deck[/sblock]

(OOC - Any chance we could get the rogue's gallery for this game bumped? I seem to be missing my copy of Whisper's sheet...)

Remove ads