• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Who wants to be a Wayfinder? Part 1

Bront

The man with the probe
"The flame gave up that foolish cause long ago. Can you not see beyond your blind hatetred that that is but another being who longs to live and breathe free just like you and I?"

Johan charges Brelloch, and attempts to grapple him.

OOC: Yeah, this could be bad, but got to try to stop him from jumping.

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

Knowing Urrup stable from his magics, Midian moves to follow Johan. When his paladin compatriot tries to drag Brelloch down, Midian pauses. Johan seems intent on taking the man alive, while the spells Midian still has at his disposal are of a more lethal variety. He holds for the time being, hoping perhaps the divine aid he granted Johan might come in handy.

[sblock=OOC]Holding until after Johan's action resolves. Also, I have a question: Produce Flame says it doesn't work underwater. I'm assuming that means it doesn't work when the character is submerged, but it should function as normal in the middle of this rain (assuming I make the Concentration check)?[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Whisper hesitates fractionally before loosing another energy bolt. Her capacity for such spells was waning, and she still hadn't created her force shield yet. Then again, Brelloch was clearly desperate, and one more blast might be enough to put him down.

With a muttered prayer to the Traveller, she gestures, and another shard of light arcs wildly over the deck and slams into Brelloch, inches from where Johan's arms are around him.

(Magic missile...only 1 1st level spell left if I calculate right...)

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Seria circles in next to Brelloch and feints causing him to pull back. Seeing an opening Johan reaches in to grab him. Brelloch moves lightning fast and cuts a wide arc on Johans arm, carving a ragged gash down its length. Johan reels backwards at the sudden pain and misses his opportunity to snag Brelloch. Brelloch cuts another bloody line across Johans other arm, a near matching set. With a maddend gleam in his eye, Brelloch backs up to the rail. "You cannot stop me! I am the divine will of the flame! You will be consumed like all the others!" He begins to tip backwards over the edge when his chest is abruptly pierced by a length of steel. You hear a crack as it passes through the paladin and embeds itself into the wooden railing. Following its length up you see Grud'al standing at your side holding the hilt with both hands. Brellochs dagger clatters to the deck. He strains a moment, trying to pull free, before the light goes out of his eyes and he sags against the rail.

OOC:
[SBLOCK]
Seria Aid Another DC10 (1d20+4=20)
Whisper Magic Missile (1d4+1=2)
Brelloch AoO (1d20+9=27)
Brelloch Damage (1d4+3=6)
Brelloch Attack (1d20+9=22)
Brelloch Damage (1d4+3=7)
Grud'al Attack (1d20+5=21)
Grud'al Damage (1d8+2=9)
Total Damage to Brelloch - 38
Total Damage to Johan - 13

I couldn't find anything about casting and throwing Produce Flame in the same round. But yes you could have it going in the rain. If there is enough oxygen to breathe, then there is enough for the flame to burn.
[/SBLOCK]

Bront

The man with the probe
OOC: Casting is a standard action, leaving no time to actualy throw. It's one of the weaknesses of the spell, which is otherwise a fairly nice 1st level spell.

Johan shrugs off the pain as he grabs Brelloch and helps him to the ground, before he attempts to stabilize any bleeding. "Just because he did not give a trial to those he slew doesn't mean he doesn't deserve one himself."

OOC: Johan Heal Check (1d20+4=19)

jkason

First Post

[sblock=OOC]Yeah, with having to deal with ranged penalties throwing into melee, Midian probably would have stuck to using the spell for touch attacks, but I wasn't sure if it would actually work. I was just afraid I'd gone and pulled another bad choice like in the last game, where I wasted a 1st level slot on Entangle when it wouldn't work aboard ship. ;) [/sblock]

Midian burning with anger and worry as Johan takes several nasty wounds from Brelloch. Grud'al's strike, then, receives a hearty "huzzah!" from the druid. When Johan then chooses to help the very man who nearly killed him, Midian stands silently.

"You're a better man than I, Johan," he mutters under his breath, then closes to make sure Johan himself is all right.

Mista Collins

First Post
"This man does deserve a trial along with the gallows, but the ultimate punishment will not be decided by us."

Kneeling besides Brelloch's body, Seria searches for anything that might help the trial or prove useful.

Shayuri

First Post
Whisper emerges from the hatchway, moving cautiously over the deck towards Urrup.

"Confound it, I even said this might happen," she mutters, then louder, "How fares Urrup? Did we stop this madness in time?"

jkason

First Post

Shayuri said:
Whisper emerges from the hatchway, moving cautiously over the deck towards Urrup.

"Confound it, I even said this might happen," she mutters, then louder, "How fares Urrup? Did we stop this madness in time?"

Midian turns at Whisper's call.

"I used my healing magic to stabalize him. He'll live, but he's in pretty bad shape and ..."

Here he turns back to Seria, searching the body. He cringes as he has to say, "Seria, he took Urrup's ear. We need to retrieve it in order to have a healer re-attach it."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads