Per Request: The Generic Commoner NPC Class (for use with UA's Generic Classes)

AFGNCAAP

First Post
Posted by request:

Instead of using the five NPC classes found in the Dungeon Master’s Guide, non-player characters with any sort of combat, skill, or magical ability in the world are created using the generic character classes presented in Unearthed Arcana. For non-player characters that represent average folk, use the following class: the Commoner generic NPC class.

The Commoner Generic NPC Class
Level BAB Poor Saves (all)
1st +0 +0
2nd +1 +0
3rd +1 +1
4th +2 +1
5th +2 +1
6th +3 +2
7th +3 +2
8th +4 +2
9th +4 +3
10th +5 +3
11th +5 +3
12th +6/+1 +4
13th +6/+1 +4
14th +7/+2 +4
15th +7/+2 +5
16th +8/+3 +5
17th +8/+3 +5
18th +9/+4 +6
19th +9/+4 +6
20th +10/+5 +6

Hit Die: d4.
Base Save Bonuses: All are poor saves.
Class Skills: Choose any three skills as class skills, plus Craft and Profession.
Skill Points: 2 + Int modifier (or four times this number at 1st level).
Weapon and Armor Proficiency: One simple weapon; no armor or shields.

Last edited:

Imret

First Post
Thank ya kindly. 's an even simpler take than I'd expected...it really is a class with nothing at all to show for it.

But they're commoners. That's how it should be. :D

AFGNCAAP

First Post
Imret said:
Thank ya kindly. 's an even simpler take than I'd expected...it really is a class with nothing at all to show for it.

But they're commoners. That's how it should be. :D

Pretty much what I had in mind. Didn't need a larger amount of class skills since class skills can be selected (that's what I figured from the relatively low # of class skills for generics--it's because they can pick what's class and what's cross-class; though a rogue has a TON of class skills & skill points in comparison, he'll still have cross-class penalties/restrictions to developing a cross-class skill, even though having that skill makes sense for the character concept).

Plus, it even makes the simple Spellcaster generic class look beefty in comparison. :D

Remove ads