CORELINE (D20 Modern/D20 BESM Setting).

Lord Zack

Explorer
Well I would suggest that while Mobile Suits do have a lot of advantages compared to 'Mechs, they won't necessarilly replace them outright. For one thing a lot of mobile weapons technology could be adapted to work with BattleMechs. If a 'Mech has a strong enough reactor their shpuld be nothing preventing them from mounting beam weapons of their own. The logistics issues I mentioned above are another thing. The factions that use BattleMechs are already set up to maintain and supply them. That's not the case for mobile suits and would limit their use. Even if they were inclined to replace all of their BattleMechs with mobile suits it would be a massive undertaking that could take decades.

I could actually even see factions that use mobile weapons, like the Earth Federation and Zeon start using BattleMechs as well, especially when incorporating mobile weapon tech. For instance a BattleMech outfitted for long range fire support, would probably outclass most mobile weapons at that role, even with conventional BattleMech equipment. I'm not sure how tall the Atlas is supposed to be, but it seems to outweigh most common mobile weapons. That's an asset in terms of intimidation factor alone, but it also has some powerful weapons too.

Last edited:

AnimeSniper

Explorer
Do remember that any form of Man-Machine Interface would greatly allow for the pilot to reduce the needed actions before attempting to target/attack an enemy, or other action in and out of combat. As to the validity of whether Mechwarrior Clans would utilize Mobile Suits due to the use of hand like adaptions of said suits. I sort of remember all Mechwarrior units lacking that feature being simply armored and armed to the teeth for battle and trials.

kronos182

Adventurer
So I just watched Pacific Rim: Uprising.. there were two abilities displayed by the new kaiju that I had predicted in my kaiju abilities.. spike shooting and kinetic energy enhancement.. Did I call it or what?!
I hope they make a third movie!

Congratulations, man. One question: does that stuff has stats for Kaiju Blue?

And I hope they make a third one, too. I mean, it's being pretty disputed about its effectiveness as a sequel (because of things that can't be talked about here without going into spoilers), but admittedly it looks pretty good. I am definitely hoping to see it.

Regarding PacRim, here's a proposal:

The Pacific Rim International Defense Elite. The anti-Kaiju world police (OK, we know the political implications of that term, but I am using it heroically here). You can guess which are one of its biggest guns.

Also, Mr. Hannibal Chau's been working on making his business legal. You guys heard of that new Evil Hat RPG, "Kaiju Incorporated"? Kind of like that.

Last edited:

kronos182

Adventurer
Congratulations, man. One question: does that stuff has stats for Kaiju Blue?

And I hope they make a third one, too. I mean, it's being pretty disputed about its effectiveness as a sequel (because of things that can't be talked about here without going into spoilers), but admittedly it looks pretty good. I am definitely hoping to see it.

Regarding PacRim, here's a proposal:

The Pacific Rim International Defense Elite. The anti-Kaiju world police (OK, we know the political implications of that term, but I am using it heroically here). You can guess which are one of its biggest guns.

Also, Mr. Hannibal Chau's been working on making his business legal. You guys heard of that new Evil Hat RPG, "Kaiju Incorporated"? Kind of like that.

I don't think anyone has statted Kaiju Blue.. but the movie does show another use for it..

kronos182

Adventurer
Wonder if different elements would cause different reactions? There's pretty unusual "rare earth" elements now thanks to Fiction.

The one problem is in PR: Uprising.. they don't specify WHICH rare earth elements/metals were used.. there's quite a few. I mean I could pick a few and make up some stats on turning some Kaiju Blue with a selection of elements and turn it into a high energy fuel.. maybe with different elements into some explosives.. Then just need a selection of rare fiction elements/metals (we need to figure out just what all rare ones from other fictions are available) and I can do something.. heh.. imagine what Kaiju Blue and Tiberium could do.

Speaking of statting... any requests of what I should work on next? I know I have to finish the Pidgy evolutions. And I know I have to do the U-wing still.. along with X-wings and Y-wings just so we have some more common SW universe fighters.. but anything else anyone wants me to work on? Some more Starcraft stuff? Star Trek? Gundam universe? Terminator? other Pokemon? Marvel/DC superpowers? Other mechs?

Idea: Kaiju Blue absorbs Tiberium radiation. Technically, it would allow for Tiberium fields to be cleaned out or at least made more manageable.

Which means people like Chau actually have some kind of constant clients in the underground (or above-ground) "milking" Kaiju corpses and sending the blood to the GDI.

Lord Zack

Explorer
I requested the Strike Gundam a while back and the suggested that you also do at least the Duel Gundam. I'd also like to see later Universal Century mobile weapons, like the Neo Zeon's mobile suits, such as the AMX-009 Dreissen and the AMX-011 Zaku III, as well as the Earth Federation/Londo Bell's RGM-89 Jegan. Thing is it might be tricky to go from One Year War mobile suits to the much more advanced models introduced later. Even within the One Year War Zeon goes from the Zaku II to the Gelgoog, which is a match for the Gundam and even exceeds it in some areas, but was mass-produced. Though an upgraded Gelgoog- the ReGelgu is still used by Axis, so it does hold up relatively well even if the base model is obsolete. It'd be up to you whether you feel you can accurately stat them. There still are a bunch of One Year War era mobile weapons you can do, like the Gouf, the Dom/Rick Dom, Gelgoog, etc.

Remove ads