CORELINE (D20 Modern/D20 BESM Setting).

kronos182

Adventurer
While browsing the Star Wars wiki I found this and statted it up..
UnknownGARWalker.jpg

Clone Personal Walker
The Clone Personal Walker was a two legged walker that was suited for recon, patrol and light ground support roles in areas that had terrain that was difficult for wheeled, tracked or even some repulsor craft couldn't navigate as an alternate, heavier version of the AT-RT. The pilot controlled the Personal Walker from an enclosed cockpit with the advanced sensors and gyro systems keeping it well balanced and sure footed on rough terrain. The Personal Walker was built more for heavier support than the AT-RT, with heavier armour, a full turret behind the cockpit fitted with dual lasers. The heavier armour and turret make the Personal Walker slower and less maneuverable than the AT-RT, but allowed it to operate in environments such as the vacuum of space, where the AT-RT couldn't. The Personal Walker wasn't produced in large numbers and only assigned to a few groups that specialized in heavy assault and sieges during the Clone Wars.
The Personal Walker is only one square wide and two squares long (5.5 feet wide by 9.25 feet long) and stands 10.6 feet tall, providing full cover to the pilot. Requires a move action to enter or exit. When in resting position with the legs folded, the AT-RT is only 5 feet tall. Requires Vehicle Expert (Walker) feat to operate properly.
In Coreline these walkers are rarer than the AT-RT, but favoured for heavy cavalry or close troop support as they are slower, but heavier armed and armoured.

Crew: 1
Passengers: 0
Cargo: 40 lbs
Init: +0
Maneuver: +2
Top Speed: 100 (10)
Defense: 10
Hardness: 10
Hit Points: 28
Size: Large
Purchase DC: 31
Restriction: Mil (+3)
Accessories: Military radio, headlights, first aid kit, full-turret dual lasers, sensors equivalent to mech mk III sensors with HUD link to helmet, storage container under turret/rear body, power pack recharger (can recharge a single power pack in 1 hour), weapon link to HUD.Notes: Rough Terrain Design, Climbing.
Rough Terrain Design - All penalties for rough terrain are reduced by half,
Climbing - The Personal Walker is able to climb hills and mountains, up to 70 degree incline, with a base Climb skill of +2, with a successful Drive check, the pilot can add half his/her own Climb skill bonus.

Laser Turret
The Personal Walker has a full laser turret that is linked to the HUD of the pilot's helmet, following its movements, with full 360 rotation, granting greater accuracy, granting +1 to attack rolls. The dual lasers can fire individually or fire-linked for greater damage, but when fire-linked can not make auto-fire attacks.
Damage Crit Type Range Inrc Rate of Fire Magazine
Dual Laser Turret 4d10/6d10 firelinked 20/x2 Fire 75 ft S, A Unlimited

Options
Some industrious engineers have taken advantage of the multitude of technology available and have made some options available for the Personal Walker

Jump Jets
A set of rocket thrusters are fitted to the walker, allowing it to make powered leaps, able to launch the walker a total distance of 100 feet, either up, across, or a combination, as long as the maximum distance travelled is 100 feet. Requires a Jump check at -4, DC 18 to make simple jumps up or across. Enough fuel for 10 jumps, but reduces cargo by 50% and speed by -10. PDC 16, refuel PDC 10.

Alternate Turret Weapons
Alternate weapons can be fitted, but to light vehicle weapons such up to 15mm cannon, dual heavy machine guns, other heavy anti-personnel energy weapons, or automatic grenade launcher.

Mini-Missile Pod
A 9-shot mini missile/rocket pod can be fitted to the side, behind the cockpit, however suffers -1 to attack rolls, able to launch only a single missile each round per launcher, maximum two launchers can be fitted. PDC 15 for launcher, missiles/rockets separate.

Grenade Launcher
A grenade launcher can be fitted to the side, behind the cockpit, however suffers -1 to attack rolls. Typically carries 10 to 50 grenades, depending on size, maximum of two launchers can be fitted. PDC 13 for launcher, grenades separate.

Mine Layer
A small anti-personnel mine dispensing device can be fitted to the rear of the walker. As a standard action, requiring the walker to be stationary, the dispenser can deploy and bury a single anti-personnel mine. Carries 10 to 20 mines, depending size/type, reduces speed by -20. PDC 19 for mine layer, mines sold separately.

kronos182

Adventurer
Columbus Class Transport

The Columbus class was the standard supply and tender used by the Earth Federation Forces before the One Year War, with two large cargo sections on either side of the lower hull. Many were converted into fighter carriers, a few into mobile suit carriers. However due to their unarmed nature, slow speed, low armour and lack of facilities to properly launch and retrieve carried craft, made them a poor choice for these roles.
In Coreline these transports are quite popular for in-system bulk transporting, while a few enterprising captains have attempted to fit different types of faster than light drives to them, however this sometimes requires extensive modifications.

Columbus Class Transport (PL 5-6)
Type: Light
Subtype: Hauler
Size: Colossal (-8 size)
Tactical Speed: 2500 ft
Defense: 2
Flat-Footed Defense:
Autopilot Defense: 5
Hardness: 20
Hit Dice: 36d20 (720 hp)
Initiative Modifier:
Pilot's Class Bonus:
Pilot's Dex Modifier:
Gunner's Attack Bonus:
Length: 476 ft
Weight: 5700 tons
Targeting System Bonus:
Crew: 16
Passenger Capacity: 10
Cargo Capacity: 3300 tons
Grapple Modifier: +16
Base PDC: 55
Restriction: Lic (+1)

Attack:
Attack of Opportunity:

Standard PL(5-6) Design Spec: large loading doors
Engines: Fusion Torch, thrusters
Armour: alloy plating
Defense Systems: autopilot, radiation shielding
Sensors: class II
Communications: laser & radio transceivers
Weapons:
Grappling Systems:

Large Loading Doors
The front of each major cargo hold on the sides allow for large cargoes to be easily loaded and unloading, with the doors nearly the full size of the cargo holds. Allowing cargo up to 60 ft tall to easily be loaded/unloaded.

Salamis Light Cruiser
The Salamis was the mainstay of the Earth Federation Space Force and built in large numbers, making them fairly easy to find in around the Colonies and the Sol system. Armed with six mega particle cannons, multiple twin barreled machine guns for close defense and missiles, the Salamis isn't a major match for some other ships, but they can be fielded in large numbers easily. A small re-entry shuttle is fitted to the ventral (underside) hull of the ship to allow crew to transport to and from the ship.
In Coreline, the Salamis is found mostly around the Colonies and in-system defense forces as they lack any faster than light drive systems. Some have been found as planetary defense forces in other systems after either being built there, or transported by other means.

Salamis (PL 5-6)
Type: Mediumweight
Subtype: Light Cruiser
Size: Colossal (-8 size)
Tactical Speed: 3500
Defense: 2
Flat-Footed Defense:
Autopilot Defense: 5
Hardness: 30
Hit Dice: 180d20 (3600 hp)
Initiative Modifier:
Pilot's Class Bonus:
Pilot's Dex Modifier:
Gunner's Attack Bonus:
Length: 945 ft
Weight: 25,800 tons
Targeting System Bonus: +3
Crew: 70
Passenger Capacity: 10
Cargo Capacity: 2000 tons
Grapple Modifier: +16
Base PDC: 62
Restriction: Mil +3

Attack:
Mega Particle Cannon -5 ranged 20d20 energy, x4, 7000 ft;
Or Multi-Shot CHE missile launchers -5 ranged, 6d12. ball, 19-20.

Attack of Opportunity:
Point defense system -5 ranged (3d12x10 ballistic)

Standard PL(5-6) Design Spec: ventral mounted re-entry shuttle (standard shuttle)
Engines: fusion torch drive, thrusters
Armour: vanadium
Defense Systems: autopilot, radiation shielding, point defense system
Sensors: Class III, targeting system
Communications: Radio & Laser transceivers
Weapons: mega particle cannons (6), 3 Multi-shot CHE missile
Grappling Systems: None
Notes: The layout of the mega particle cannons allows the Salamis to bring up to 2 cannons to bare on a single target if necessary, or allow it to fire almost every round in almost any directly with a single cannon as other recharge. Firing multiple cannons at a single target is similar to fire-linking, 2 cannons dealing 30d20.

Mega Particle Cannon
These cannons uses the same principles as beam weapons used on mobile weapons, only on a larger scale. Unfortunately, while these weapons are devastating, they have a slow rate of fire, able to fire once every other round.
Mega Particle Cannon (PL6)
Damage: 10d20
Critical: x4
Damage Type: Energy
Range Increment: 6000 ft
Rate of Fire: 1 every 2 rounds
Minimum Ship Size: Colossal
Purchase DC: 42
Restriction: Mil +3

Multi-Shot CHE Launchers
These are CHE launchers that can fire up to 6 missiles at once. If fired at a single target, treated as a fire-linked and battery of 3 missiles, dealing 9d12 ballistic damage, +2 to attack roll. Or can target up to 6 individual targets using a single attack roll at -5 for all targets. If less than 6 targets are selected, one additional missile will strike a random target already targeted by a missile. Carries enough missiles to fire 10 times before requiring reloading.
Salamis carries 2 additional reloads, but takes 1d4x5 rounds for each reload.

Last edited:

Lord Zack

Explorer
The Salamis's lack of mobile suit hangers was a major weakness in its original universe. So I see it being used more often by factions that use few or no mobile suits. The United Earth Federation Alliance primarily uses the later Salamis Kai variant and the later Clop-class. I could see some vessels being refitted with Tesla Drives or repulsor tech to allow them to fight in the atmosphere. The Salamis is often used with RB-79 Balls, attached to the outer hull. The Zeon equivalent, the Musai is probably more popular.

Last edited:

"Clop"-class... pretty sure that there's someone on the Equestrian solar system (Ok, guess it needs a better name... "Equus"? Or something else?) that would constantly be chucking.

Lord Zack

Explorer
Yeah some of the names for ships in Gundam are a little weird- like the AEUG's Irish-class battleship, the Radish. The Clop-class appeared in Char's Counterattack along the Ra Calium as part of the Londo Bell fleet.

OK, this is a stupid question, but if any of you guys has more experience with it than I am and give me more enlightening, then I would be grateful.

So I managed to get some Savage Worlds stuff (Bundle of Holding, the recent "Deadlands" bundle) and while I will keep trying to do D20 stuff for this thing until I grow old and my brain ain't working right, I was wondering how practical would be to try to "Savage" some of this stuff.

kronos182

Adventurer
OK, this is a stupid question, but if any of you guys has more experience with it than I am and give me more enlightening, then I would be grateful.

So I managed to get some Savage Worlds stuff (Bundle of Holding, the recent "Deadlands" bundle) and while I will keep trying to do D20 stuff for this thing until I grow old and my brain ain't working right, I was wondering how practical would be to try to "Savage" some of this stuff.

I haven't read any Savage Worlds stuff.. so I have no idea what the system is like.. at the moment. I might try and pick some up at some point.

Remove ads