Wildwood Red in Tooth and Claw [OOC]

Voadam

Legend
Campaign world info, house rules, and character creation guidelines are in the beginning of this ooc thread. If interested in playing then post your interest here and we will talk about character concepts.

Ilium

First Post
Voadam, I am definitely interested in this. I'm running through the house rules now. I've never played a gestalt character before, so I'm thinking that 32 point buy gestalt looks pretty good.

Voadam

Legend
Welcome Ilium!

There are a bunch of house rules, class modifications, and options so take your time and let me know any questions you have or further ideas you have for your character.

Ilium

First Post
I think I've absorbed all the house rules, etc., but now I need to actually work up the character. I am fired up for this, but something has just come up that requires me to take a long week-end. I don't know if I'll get at this until Monday, but I should definitely have a character by then. So far, as I said, I'm thinking some kind of Gestalt. Either a 32-point buy PC gestalt or a 40-point PC/NPC. I like the idea of an Aristocrat/x. Maybe Aristocrat/Sorcerer, but I'll have to take a look at the other characters and make sure I fill a useful niche.

Thanks.

Ilium

First Post
Yeah I saw that. No divine spellcasting, though I understand sorcerers can do healing. Do you think they could use a cleric? I was considering a Cleric/Paladin or Cleric/Knight gestalt. I know it's not an ideal gestalt, since there's some overlap, but it would be a strong melee character who can also do support. Especially the Cleric/Knight.

D20Dazza

Explorer
Hey Ilium, welcome aboard. Have you had a look at the Crusader from the nine Swords book? They look interesting as a different take on the divine fighter. Again, not sure that Voadam would allow the class in any case but it's a class worth having a look at (if you have access to the book of course).

Cheers

Daz

P.S. Unfortunately WotC chose to showcase one of the other new core classes from the book. http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20060802a

Ilium

First Post
I don't have the BookWithTheVeryLongTitle. :))) I'm pretty happy with the cleric/knight combo, if it's OK with Voadam. It's like a paladin, but even more about the honor and glory.

Remove ads