The Tournament of Flowers, Part II [Orsal Judging][Concluded]

Patlin

Explorer
Previously
Julianna drank her potion, bringing her to a total of 4 hp. She also manifested thicken skin.

Initiatives
Julianna
Boog
Human Cleric
Rowan
Zombies

Patlin

Explorer
Also, about two minutes have passed since the Knight battle started. Julianna's Force Screen is still in effect.

Through the doorway, you see a number of lumbering forms. A human at the far side of the room stands, alarmed at the intrusion.

"Kill them my Zombie Minions! Rend their flesh and eat their brains!"

A muffled indistinct chorus sounds from the Zombies at this, which might have been "Braaaaaiiiinsssss!"

Manzanita

First Post
OOC: Didn't the zombies in M2 want to eat brains as well? This is consistancy, as well as tribute to some fine movies. I like it! Fun 0 meter 5! Um... Rowan, of course, will try to use his guissarme to cut up some zombie flesh before they reach him. How far away are the?

El Jefe

First Post
[sblock=OoC Strategizing: ]Boog would like to be within 30' of the cleric to manifest Psionic Charm, but doesn't want to give the zombies free AoO's, and can't move more than a 5' step and manifest this round, anyway. So, if he's 40' or more from the cleric, he will be more interested in shooting the guy with his crossbow, and will maneuver for the best shot he can get that won't put him in a square threatened by a zombie. If there is more than one square he can reach that will meet that description, he'll choose one that doesn't obstruct Rowan or Julian's forward progress, or their LoS to the cleric.

If he's 35' away, and can take a 5' step toward the cleric without triggering an AoO, he'll do that and manifest Psionic Charm. If he can't approach the cleric without triggering an AoO, see his actions for 40' or greater in the previous paragraph.

If he's 30' or closer and not obstructing Rowan or Juliana, he manifests Psionic Charm where he stands. If he is obstructing either of his partners and can take a 5' step without moving out of Charm range or triggering an AoO, he'll do that. If he's obstructing and can't take a 5' step, he'll angle for a crossbow shot as mentioned in the first paragraph.

Oh, and if engaged by a zombie, he'll fire the bolt that's loaded if he hasn't already, then defend himself with his staff.

Phew. Would'a been easier with a map. But it's all good![/sblock]"Zombies", Boog announced in a flat voice. "Why does it always have to be zombies?"

The telepath pondered his next move: use his Power against the zombie-master, or just shoot him with his crossbow?

Bront

The man with the probe
Juliana will do the guisarme trip dance as long as she can, keeping them back, and falling back behind Rowan if needed.

OOC: Roll for me, my internet is spotty.

Patlin

Explorer
Sounds like a map would indeed be a good idea. Life's been full of interruptions lately...

Code:
  A |B |C |D |E |F |G |H |I |J |K |L |M |N |O |P |Q |R |S |T |U |V |W |X |Y |Z
01  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
02  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
03  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
04  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
05  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
06  |[]|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|DD|--|--|--|--|[]|  |  |  |  |
07  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |h1|  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |
08  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |
09  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |
10  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |ww|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |
11  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |ww|ww|ww|  |  |  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |
12  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |
13  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |
14  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |
15  |mm|mm|mm|mm|mm|ww|ww|ww| w|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|  |[]|  |  |  |  |
16  |mm|mm|mm|mm|mm|mm|ww|ww| w|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |
17  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |
18  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|ww|  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |
19  |[]|  |  |  |  |z2|  |  |  |  |ww|ww|ww|  |  |  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |
20  |[]|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |ww|  |z3|  |  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |
21  |[]|  |  |  |z1|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |z4|  |  |  |  |[]|  |  |  |  |
22  |--|--|--|--|--|--|--|dd|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|--|[]|  |  |  |  |
23  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |Ro|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
24  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |Ju|Bo|  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
25  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
26  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |

-- = horrizontal wall
[] = vertical wall
ww = Mill Wheel: dangerous and difficult terrain, provides partial cover if you fire across it
mm = other mill machinery, as above but less dangerous to cross

z1 = Zombie 1, etc.
h1 = Human Cleric
Ju = Julianna
Bo = Boog
Ro = Rowan

dd = open door
DD = closed door

Patlin

Explorer
Round 1
Julianna readies an action to trip any Zombie entering the doorway.

Boog would like to get the human voice he heard into his crossbow sights, but Rowan is currently the only party member who has line of sight on him. He's reluctant to charge into the room with the Zombies ahead of his more martial companions.

ooc: Unless you prefer something else, El Jefe, perhaps Boog could ready an action to shoot a Zombie? I'll change this retroactively if you like, as I didn't give you adequate description. Another possibility is delaying until after Rowan moves.

On the other side of the Mill wheel, the Cleric casts a spell on himself.

[sblock=Spellcraft/Psicraft DC 16]Protection from Good[/sblock]

Rowan moves forward (to I21) and strikes at a Zombie (#2) with his polearm.

El Jefe

First Post
Patlin said:
Boog would like to get the human voice he heard into his crossbow sights, but Rowan is currently the only party member who has line of sight on him. He's reluctant to charge into the room with the Zombies ahead of his more martial companions.

ooc: Unless you prefer something else, El Jefe, perhaps Boog could ready an action to shoot a Zombie? I'll change this retroactively if you like, as I didn't give you adequate description. Another possibility is delaying until after Rowan moves.
OoC: Having seen the map, this is a different kettle of fish entirely. However, first things first:
Patlin said:
On the other side of the Mill wheel, the Cleric casts a spell on himself.

[sblock=Spellcraft/Psicraft DC 16]Protection from Good[/sblock]
Boog peered past his companions and tried to cipher what sort of magic his opponent might be using. Whatever the priest was doing, it was beyond his ken.

Seeing Rowan and Juliana blocking the entrance, and the mill full of zombies and machinery, Boog decided that there was a better way to deal with the situation. Sprinting along the wall of the mill to his right, he used his mental powers to send a silent message to his cohorts: "Try to fight your way past the zombies. I'm going to go around back and sneak up on him from behind."[sblock=Revised Actions: ]First, psicraft check was a 14...close, but no cigar. Second, thank you for relieving Boog of some coin at the seer's...it just makes the difference in encumbrance between medium and light!

Boog will double move to the corner of the building. I think that puts him at V23 by the end of this round. Barring something that would change his plans, he'll run along the east wall of the mill next round, which should get him all the way to V5. That should put him at the door and within easy manifesting range on turn 3, but let's just see what happens along the way.[/sblock]

Manzanita

First Post
Rowan McTavish

Rowan's actions depend upon the zombies. But his preference is to pull back and take the battle outside, where his superior speed and reach will be of better advantage. Outside, he'll have some protection from the cleric's spells as well.

Remove ads