The Tournament of Flowers, Part II [Orsal Judging][Concluded]

El Jefe

First Post
"Almost there...", thought Boog to himself privately. "Please place your hands behind your back", he told the man. "We can't have you scampering off now that we have you, even if you're not pleased with our methods. If it's any consolation, we have no plans to harm you." With a little help from the other two, this danger would be past...for now.

Boog turned his attention to his companions, using the mental link. "So, once we get him tied up, what do you want to do? I guess we need to get this done by noon tomorrow, and I can't repeat this little stunt on someone else until I get some rest. And it looks like we have a wizard or something to fight, too."

Manzanita

First Post
Rowan's jaw drops. Then he suddenly surges forward, grabbing the knight by his collar and shaking him. "Take me to my brother right now, or I'll rip your head off!"

El Jefe

First Post
Manzanita said:
"Take me to my brother right now, or I'll rip your head off!"
Boog stepped forward, trying to intercede between Rowan and the captive, without letting the captive escape. "Easy there!", the telepath ordered, a cross look on his face. "Look, he knows he's been beat, he's been cooperating, and there's no need for this." Telepathically, he continued, "And if he takes you there 'right now', he could be leading you into a trap. Let's just get him tied up, then we can do as we please."

Patlin

Explorer
The Knight looks Boog over, ignoring Rowan's outburst.

"Surely the parole of a Knight is sufficient, is it not? If you allow me my parole, by which I mean you treat me with honor and perform no indignity upon my person, I will agree not to try to escape, nor to fight against you, until you release me or tender me over to such authorities as may be convenient."

Bront

The man with the probe
Juliana nods, "He's been a man of his word, so I find no reason to not believe him other than the man part."

"I could use some time to recover, unless either of you can help mend my wounds."

OOC: Anything notable about his armor and weapons? Of excelent quality? Juliana can't detect magic, but she can tell quality as a craftsman.

Manzanita

First Post
"Hey - I'm talking to you!" Rowan gives the knight another shake. "If you take us to your captives and don't give us trouble we may let you go. But we need to go now."

Rowan looks at the others. "I know you're hurting Red, but we need to save these captives. One of them is my twin brother. I've been looking for him for a long time. And we need to stop them before they finish this thing they're doing. Sounds like they're up to no good."

El Jefe

First Post
Patlin said:
"Surely the parole of a Knight is sufficient, is it not? If you allow me my parole, by which I mean you treat me with honor and perform no indignity upon my person, I will agree not to try to escape, nor to fight against you, until you release me or tender me over to such authorities as may be convenient."
Boog had heard of such things before, but was unsure just how true to his word this knight would be. Fortunately, Boog's abilities gave him a way to discern such things.

"So then, do you swear upon your honor, not to try to escape, nor fight against us including aiding our enemies, until we release you or deliver you to the proper authorities? If you have reservations, you should admit them, as I warn you, I can see the amount of truth or lies in a man's words." Boog waited for the man to answer, and for the second time that day he loosed his Power to envelope the man, before drawing it back into himself and reading it's veracity.[sblock=OoC: ]Using the Inquisitor feat to Sense Motive at +18. Once he has determined the knight's truthfulness, he will meditate to regain his psionic focus, using his Narrow Mind feat to use Concentration at +11 if there is still a scuffle with Mr. Knight, and taking 20 to regain his focus if things have calmed.[/sblock]

Patlin

Explorer
"You have my word as a Knight. Until you release me or tender me to the authorities, I will take no action against you nor will I attempt to escape."

Boog believes him.

ooc: With a +11 concentration check, why bother taking 20? Taking 10 will accomplish it, will it not?

Remove ads