• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Tournament of Flowers, Part II [Orsal Judging][Concluded]

Patlin

Explorer
Round 2
Julianna prepares to strike at the Knight.

Boog [presumably] prepares to cast upon the knight coming into range.

Rowan [presumably] prepares to strike at the Knight.

"If there's some other spot you'd like me to... oh, never mind. The silly twit will accuse me of having a dirty mind whatever I say. I suppose you could try surrendering if you can't get your mind out of the gutter."

He charges, triggering Boog's readied action. He resists the psion's power.

[Rowan and Julianna may each make attack rolls here.]

Not failing victim to a misstep on this occasion, the Knight strikes Julianna for 16 damage. He charges on by, provoking another attack from Rowan. [Who can make a 2nd attack roll.]

Manzanita

First Post
OOC: That's quite a pace you guys were setting there. Sorry for missing out. Thanks for NPCing Rowan; I like a good clip. By the way, Rowan also uses a guissarm, as you all know, not a glaive...

BIC: Rowan strikes out on the knight's attack, attempting to dismount him. If he does, he'll follow up with an attack. Ditto for the knight as he rides out of range, although it looks like Juliana may have taken him out by then...

OOC2: melee touch attack; strength check; to hit if tripped, dmg (x2) rolls: this trip stuff is compicated.
attack #1: touch attack 22 - presumably a hit
strength check: 5+2+4=11 (forgot the +4 for the feat in my roll)
if dismounted then a 19 to hit, and an 8 dmg.

attack #2: touch attack 22 good. strength check 8; to hit 11; dmg 8.

El Jefe

First Post
Boog Sammas, Round 3

Boog saw the devastating effect of Julian's blow, and tried a second time to control the warrior's mind. "You should submit your arms and armor for inspection and repair and discuss the abductions with us...we would stop attacking you if you did!", he called out. At least that's what his mouth said...his mind sang a slightly different tune to Juliana and Rowan: "Well done! Keep it up...cease if he stops, destroy him if he continues!"[sblock=OoC: ]If the knight is still active and within range, Boog will attempt Suggestion (Psionic) a second time (5/16 PP remaining).[/sblock]

Patlin

Explorer
Round 2 Concludes
Julianna hits the knight with a powerfull blow, dealing 21 points of damage and startling a cry of pain from the mounted warrior. He is, however, far from out of the fight.

Rowan makes two attempts to knock the Knight out of his saddle, forcing DC 11 and DC 8 ride checks. Unfortunately, it would seem the Knight is something of a virtuoso rider... he isn't even slightly disturbed by the trip attacks. [ooc: In fact, he succeeds at both checks without needing to roll.]

Round 3
Once again, the party prepares for the Knight's next pass. Turning about grimmly, the knight strikes forth again with another charge.

Boog's suggestion is resisted once more.

[Rowan and Julianna may each make attack rolls here.]

[If the knight remains active after our douty warriors attack] The Knight once more strikes Julianna with his lance, dealing 12 points of damage. The tough young woman remains standing in spite of the repeated abuse, but it is extremely unlikely she will survive another blow from the Knight's lance.

[Rowan may take an AOO here.]

El Jefe

First Post
Boog Sammas, Round 4

Boog's Power was running low, and he knew it. He tried once again to use the power of suggestion on the mounted menace. "For the last time, you should submit your arms and armor for inspection and repair, and tell us of the captives!", was his cry. His mental message to his allies was more along the lines of, "Same thing, if this doesn't work, I'll have to try something else. Don't let him get you!" Boog was beginning to rue what little Power he'd spent trying to read the minds of the monks earlier that day.[sblock=Ooc: ]Third and final attempt at Suggestion (Psionic). 2/16 PP remaining...will have to shift to Charm (Psionic) next round if this doesn't work.[/sblock]

Manzanita

First Post
Rowan curses the knight and his mother roundly, as he resists Rowan's efforts to dismount him. He decides to focus on killing the SOB instead.

OOC: two attack rolls First to hit = 10. miss. Second to hit, 17+4=21. If that hits, dmg of 7. I realize I made a mistake rolling, using 2d8 instead of 2d4. The dmg, however, is hardly exemplary(a 3 & a 1). I'll leave it up to you to reroll if you want, Patlin.

Bront

The man with the probe
OOC: Since I'm leaving shortly, if she Juliana succeeds with her trip, 1d20+4=20, 2d4+3=9 for an attack (20 to hit, 9 damage) on the followup. Otherwise, she'll simply take her defensive stance as mentioned earlier, being at 1 HP. NPC her from here, and enjoy :)

Patlin

Explorer
Round 3 concludes
The Knight remains mounted despite Julianna's excellent effort. He's clearly an excellent rider.

Rowan hits the knight for 7 damage, bringing the Knight up to 35 total damage. He still looks a lot better off than Julianna does.

ooc: Bront -- When should we expect you back? "Leaving shortly" for vacation?

Remove ads