• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Tournament of Flowers, Part II [Orsal Judging][Concluded]

Bront

The man with the probe
"A hallow threat from a hallow man. I doubt you can back them up."

Juliana's Initiateive (1d20+2=19)

Juliana draws her Guisarme and manifests her Force Shield.

[sblock=OOC]I'll be gone durring the next week, so if need be, NPC Juliana. She'll generaly try to trip and use her psionic weapon on the followup strike, though if she gets a flank she'll just go for the strike. If she determines that her chances to trip the man are not good (IE, either fails badly and looses a weapon, or fails more than once) she will move to a more normal combat. If he continues to stay away, she'll manifest Offensive Prescience for the extra damage, but she won't if she can get to him and make an attack.

If she looses the Guisarme, or the knight is dismounted, she'll swap to the heavy flail.

PP: 5/6
HP: 29/29
AC: 23 (Touch=11, Flatfooted=22) [/sblock]

Patlin

Explorer
Initiative
Julianna
Boog
Rowan
Sir Travin

Round 1
Pulling free a polearm and warding herself with a psychic shield, Julianna prepares to meet the incoming assault.

Boog steps back (the Knight is 40' off at the moment) and links minds with Julianna and Rowan.

[Rowan is up]

Bront

The man with the probe
OOC: Rowan steped infront of Boog, drew a weapon, and prepared a ready action.

[sblock=Next Round]Juliana will attack if he's close, and if she can make a trip attack to try to dismount him, she may do that (not sure how dismounting a rider works).

If he's still not close, she'll power up her Offensive Prescience (1 PP), unless he's charging towards her, in which case she'll prepare an attack if he gets close enough.[/sblock]
Edit: Posted lower.

Last edited:

Patlin

Explorer
ooc: Manzanita also asked a reasonable question, and I wondered if he would change his action slightly based on the new information that the Knight is wielding a reach weapon. I'll modify his action slightly as I'd like to move forward.

Round 1 continues
Boog having allready stepped back, Rowan draw his weapon and prepares to step forward and attack if the Knight comes within 10' of him.

The Knight smiles as he lowers his visor.

"Normally I'd give a lady the courtesy of killing her last, but your yapping tongue reveals you as no lady... fight me, if you dare -- you will be the first to fall."

Having issued his Knight's challenge, the mounted warrior stirs his mount into a charge.

Rowan's ready action goes off... stepping inside the lance's reach, he swings at the knight.

[To be continued when I have a chance to roll the apropriate dice...]

El Jefe

First Post
Boog Sammas, Round 2

As the weapons of his companions clashed with those of the strange knight, Boog used his mental powers to attempt to control the man. "You should cease this foolish combat", he called to the man, "and hand over your arms and armor so that we may clean and repair them for you!" No sooner had he so implored the man to do so than he used his mental link with Juliana and Rowan to inform them: "Cease attacking him if he does my bidding, otherwise press the attack and I'll try again!"[sblock=Ooc: ]After round 1, Boog will be at 11/16 PP. Unless the man does something to cause Boog to abort his Suggestion (Psionic) as described above, he'll be at 8/16 PP at the end of round 2. If, for some strange reason, the man pushes past Rowan and Juliana to engage Boog directly, Boog will defend himself with his staff while using his other powers to minimize the damage he takes.[/sblock]

Bront

The man with the probe
"Of course I'm no lady, I am a woman," Juliana says, in a statement that probably only makes sense to her. "You could only wish to be so lucky."

Juliana will attack the knight. If a trip attempt can be a forced dismount, she'll do that, otherwise she'll simply attack him.

OOC: Juliana goes before Boog's next action, so the attack should get in before the suggestion.

Last edited:

Patlin

Explorer
Round 1 Concludes
Rowan's Guisarme is easilly deflected by the Knight's shield.

The knight's lance is dead on towards Julianna's heart up until the last second at which point his mount takes a sudden misstep perhaps due to Rowan's attack. Julianna's forceshield turns aside the off kilter lance. The momentum of the charge carries the Knight 40 feet more, beyond you, and Rowan takes the opportunity for another strike -- he deals 7 damage, scoring first blood.

[To Boog 's chagrin, the knight is once more out of range. How does he wish to proceed?]

Patlin

Explorer
Patlin said:
[To Boog 's chagrin, the knight is once more out of range. How does he wish to proceed?]

The same is true of Julianna's trip attempt... and she can certainly try to dismount the Knight if she wishes.

Patlin

Explorer
SRD said:
Tripping a Mounted Opponent
You may make a trip attack against a mounted opponent. The defender may make a Ride check in place of his Dexterity or Strength check. If you succeed, you pull the rider from his mount.

Tripping with a Weapon
Some weapons can be used to make trip attacks. In this case, you make a melee touch attack with the weapon instead of an unarmed melee touch attack, and you don’t provoke an attack of opportunity.

If you are tripped during your own trip attempt, you can drop the weapon to avoid being tripped.

Some relevant rules, for reference.

Bront

The man with the probe
"You missed, and I couldn't help but see where you were aiming. Some virtious knight."

Juliana will prepare for the charge, getting ready to attack again if he heads this way.

OOC: Normal attack. Guisarme is a reach and trip weapon.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads