Exploring the Hase-Suna Complex (Manzanita judging) [Concluded]

hero4hire

Explorer
DerHauptman said:
[sblock]However, this is LEW, I will not force real player conflict on anyone so if you say not going to do it, for the real conflict then my choice is easy we’ll just kill em all and Zurd will brood about it and fight verbally with Kol and the rest over it. Probably just end up taking his share and moving on at the end, not wanting to work with Payne or Kol.[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]OOC: I have no problem or hard feelings if that is what Zurd would do IC. I didnt want to get the party into it OOC but I am playing a CN Maenad Barbarian who obviously has issues. :) [/sblock]

TwistedMindInc

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Oops, forgot for a second that she was a rogue. Hehe! Thanks!!

I as well don't have a problem if people throw down IC, but keep in mind that there are consequences to your actions. If Zurd fails at bringing Payne/Kol down and she realizes that is what he tried to do.. it won't be pretty. And then she'd probably loot his body. :) LE biotch that she is. [/sblock]

Last edited:

D20Dazza

Explorer
Hearing Lokin's call Kyle slowly backs towards the door, cleaver held loosely in his right hand and his eyes darting around the scene playing out before him.

TwistedMindInc

First Post
Payne hesitated for a moment, glancing over her shoulder at the group that was retreating.. then over to Kol. He wasn't about to flee. She couldn't leave him hear to take on these.. foul beasts all by himself. Drawing another dagger from some place else, grunting. ``Kol, if you don't pull out now.. it'll be just me and you. Do you like those odds?``

hero4hire

Explorer
Kol still gripped in battle-frenzy barely heard Payne's question. But he did hear.

"Grrr!!! You go!! I...will...hold...them...off!!!!"

DerHauptman

First Post
Zurd, struggling with himself decides to see how the orcs respond before he makes a commitment.

He gets his spell ready to cast as soon as more of the orcs respond to and move toward Payne and Kol (making the decision which one to hit first should they be split by too much distance).

[sblock=Orsal]

It is my intent to delay my action so that I go after the orcs (which ends the round) and go first on the first in the next round and future subsequent rounds.

REF SRD: If you take your readied action in the next round, before your regular turn comes up, your initiative count rises to that new point in the order of battle, and you do not get your regular action that round.

I just need to see the map again after the rest of the group and the orcs have moved so I can see where to place my spell.

I think I'll be able to cast the spell in the guise of taking out the orcs to allow for the hasty retreat of out group.

When I end up hitting Kol and/or Payne "by mistake" I have plausible denyability that I was trying to help them get out of there.

If I get the orcs but niether Kol nor Payne I can say "I got em lets get outa here", hoping that the chief don't come back with tons of warriors.

If I get one or both of them (mistakenly of course :] ), I can then decide to side with the orcs, tray for the one I missed or just run out with the group.

If we run out and the orcs take them out we can talk it over (the remaining party) and try to make amends saying the two of them (Payne and Kol) were dishonorable and the orcs were justified in killing them. I can say my slaves freaked out and they were justified in killing them - I'll offer the orcs their gear as compensation.

Then, later....I can kill the orcs in their sleep.
[/sblock]

TwistedMindInc

First Post
[sblock=OOC Rant] Wow. I've got to say that I'm incredibly surprised that Zurd is really going to off his 'comrades' and betray the group. Amazed really. Guess I never knew his character, then. Heh. [/sblock]

DerHauptman

First Post
[sblock=Explanation]

I struggled with this hard, playing Zurd is complicated.

Remember, he is not all that smart - I'd say he's about as smart as I am with his 10 INT, so I think what would I come up with when playing him.

He is an outcast, raised in almost a slave status among the orcs in human lands he has been shunned, outcast and marginalized. He has witnessed great evil in his life and it does not phase him in the least. He does not delight in it for it's own sake but he is very practical.

He will eat sentient beings without a thought, even their children if he needs food to live. be. He will kill innocents, women and children for convenience, (as in the plan) and out of a sense of practicality, i.e. they will die of starvation or predation anyway; slit throats are less painful.

He is neutral but swings violently to extremes; he will commit acts of sacrifice and heroism on behalf of his comrades, i.e chasing after Kol into the dark when his first instinct was to let him go. He went and almost died and one of his best friends did die because of it. He resents Kol for that and the fact that he knows Kol rooster blocks him at every turn when it comes to Payne, even to the point that he thinks Kol considers him a little bit of comedic relief in that regard.

As for Payne...we know how that went. He threw his heart out and got it back cold and bleeding on a platter. He resents her for that, that and the chummy and condescending way she responds to Kol's taunts when he does tray to do or say something caring to her.

As an outcast who never fit in trying to make a group from the beginning with himself as the leader then being shunned by the woman he wanted, ridiculed and taunted by KOL and then robbed of his great desire by the very people who had in his eyes betrayed him...I think his decision is right on target for IC.

Take all that ans the fact that he wants to be the leader of something - almost of anything. He has tried on numerous occasions to get the party to consider him the or at least a leader of the group. Now, in this particular situation he had that going for him - everyone was pretty much going along....

He had it all worked out how the plan would go down, all it took was a little cooperation as he saw it. Payne had to go along a little, and then hopefully he'd be seen as the good leader who thought it all up.

However, the ones who broke the plan were the very two members of the group he already had a beef with. He See's Kol's blatant breaking up of the plan as the last straw on his part.
That coupled that the reason he broke the plan was obvious jealousy over the orcs ogling of Payne. Zurd takes that as some sort of affirmation of the rooster blocking that he originally suspected.

Keeping all that in mind, he thought he had a good chance to take nominal control of these orcs and their compound. He was so close to it he could smell it. Now after this mess, which might still be able to save if he can convince the chief that his two slaves just flipped out on him and that while he feels responsible for the deaths of his orcs they have been avenged with the death of the slaves. If Payne does not die that possibility goes out the window cause she is the only one in the whole complex that knew his real previous plan for the orcs.

As for how it will turn out? That greatly depends on the actions of the orcs, and the success of his spell should he choose to use it. Which he will only do if he can pull it off with any plausible deniability.

He fully intends to play both ends as long as he can. Either way he gets some of what he wants.

If Payne and Kol go down in the spray with some orcs, he can run out with the others with no shame in their eyes for leaving the two party members who broke the peace. He can then try and negotiate with the chief again.

If Payne and Kol don't go down but orcs do he can play that off as his plan and either join them against the remaining few or leave with the others.

If they all leave they can prep for the future battle together and all will be unknown by anyone in the party.

As for the future with the others, he will remain loyal to those who have in his eyes remained loyal to him - they have not betrayed his plan and actually if it turns out that Kol and Payne die because of not following Zurd's plan he might rise a notch or two in their eyes.

Not really debating the whole thing just think I owe some kind of explanation to ya if it does go bad...why I think its IC and all that.

Again...if you want me to not do it for OOC reasons I am totally cool with that we play on.

Also, there is nothing at all personal in here just persona and what I think he'd do. You guys did the same... I think its all in good fun for sure.

[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases