Exploring the Hase-Suna Complex (Manzanita judging) [Concluded]

Lot

First Post
Lokin helps Kyle dig, all the while looking around suspiciously. As he drags a carcass into the shallow hole, he leans close to the dwarf.

"This doesn't sit right with me," he whispers softly. "If we're making peace with these orcs, then we're not about to attack 'em and take what's in here. If that's the case, what're we doing here anymore. If we still plan to clear this place out, what's the next move. I feel like plans are in motion on both sides and folks like you and me are going to be playing catch up when it all goes down."

Finishing the task, Lokin casually slides his shield back on his left forearm.

D20Dazza

Explorer
Kyle nods his head with every word as Lokin whispers in his ear "Ay I am concerned to say the least" the fat chef replies, perspiration beading on his forehead and running in rivulets down his cheeks "But I don't know what we can do about it. We've been sucked into something terrible here"

DerHauptman

First Post
Notes: (If we are covering ½ hour this needs to be said before reading my orcish words): At some point I will notice Grok has gone and when that happens I will pretend to be miffed and demand his attention as his guest – I will say that we are equals and I expect to be accompanied by him as is custom. I will ask where he has gone and if he is gone for more than a few minutes I will send demand someone go get him for me. While they are looking I will brood and take the opportunity to mingle with my own group.

I have organized my post in the following order:

1st The general points I will make in answering their original questions.
2nd The gist of the dialog I want to have within our party communicating my intent and ideas.

A half hour is a long time…

[sblock= Part 1 - Orcish]

Zurd responds to the comment about human blood making a bold display of his offense as he must according to custom…

My father was a brave and honorable warrior, a member of the chief’s elite guard and my mother was one of his many slaves. He had many of various races for his amusement of course.

I too was to be a simple slave, in the pits however, I proved my strength and was accepted to train with my littermates for the right to be a warrior. I won my status in my 13th year, on a raid against the Swift Axe tribe. I held off 3 warriors single handedly on my chief’s flank. I saved his skin that day and earned my brand. (custom of his tribe)

<Zurd shows the Skin Taker tribe's warrior brand upon his chest – a simple skull with a mass of something in its mouth (supposed to be skin) dripping with red drops >

I killed my father when I became of age as is often the case among us. I wanted his position and took it.

When I was discovered to be gifted with magic I was trained as any orc shaman would be...

Do not mistake my heritage for a sign of weakness. I am an as pure an orc as any of you in spirit! None of you should dispute that to my face! I spit <spits> on the weak races!

As for the dwarf food; I have become accustomed to it and enjoy the spices. I ma sure that given time you too would appreciate the exotic nature of his fair…in human cultures his value as a slave is increased by this skill. Besides, he makes what I want when I want.

Originally, after my slave warriors had proven themselves loyal. I rewarded them with food to their liking for that loyalty and came to enjoy it myself. Any good Chief gives his warriors good food and spoils from any raids does he not?

I keep choice bits for myself of course as is my right. Take this woman here for instance - she amuses me with her adoration and love, she is tough for a human and her physical pleasure is rough enough when orc females are available. Speaking off…

<points to a couple orc females>

I have not enjoyed the company of a fine orc woman in many a moon and would enjoy that greatly…could they be lined up for me to choose one for this night? I am not sure of your customs there - in my tribe we offer a pick of women to visiting chiefs and shamans for their entertainment.

Again speaking of custom… I expect no tribute for saving your tribe from the scaly men other than is our custom (I don’t know what that custom might be really) and the hospitality due me as a chief and shaman. Likewise, while these warriors <points to the party> are my slaves and I beat them for fun occasionally as any master must, I expect my champion and my elite guard will be treated as such regardless of their race. They have served me well in the absence of orc warriors and like me they are orc warriors in spirit and I want them to be treated in keeping with their stations.

[/sblock]

[sblock=Part 2 Party]

While pretending to be miffed Zurd makes the rounds talking to the party each in turn.

General: He relays that there may be a higher power at work in this place. He relays to each in whispers to be ready for anything the chief leaving in the middle of a parlay most likely means he is not really the one calling the shots. He asks each how many of each kind – warriors, females and kids they count. He says the original number was 5 including the chief but there appears to be 8 now and the chief plus one is missing. He says be ready to make a stand and look for some kind of route out should they need to escape quickly. He reminds the humans that the place is dark and if they split they will need to grab something to see with. He reminds them to stay in pairs at least if they have to run for it. He suggests the kitchen and if it is blocked then just running for the open air – hopefully it will be daylight and they might be dazed by it.

Payne: He realizes they may need another person to finish their plan. He asks if she thinks Kol will go for it now that he has seen all the crap in here. He apologizes for the façade and says he’ll make it up to her somehow.

Kol, Kyle, Kongu and Lokin: He tries to get these three at the same time. Knowing that the two warriors and the dwarf as well are likely good drinkers, originally he wants Kol, Lokin and Kyle to try and get the warriors as drunk as possible with drinking games and challenges so they are as out of it as possible this night. He also wants these three to sleep as close to the door as possible without making it look obvious to the hosts so they can hold the door in case they have to make that run for it. He asks Lokin think of some plan to hold that door if need be so they can fight as few as possible at once.

Then he asks for any ideas on how to fight them smartly and take all the loot for themselves…hoping Kol will come up with killing them in their sleep to get him on board. Maybe if he comes up with it Lokin will buy it. Stop here of none of them suggest attacking while the orcs are out….

If someone (and only if someone) mentions it he’ll seem contemplative but admits that it may be the only way and cover the rest of this….He suggests his original plan. As for Kongu, he asks her if she has a sleep or incapacitating spell of any kind and what her stealth abilities are like. He will color spray them in groups followed by the CDG as quick and painlessly as possible. He highlights the painless part for Lokin’s sake. He says only the warriors will be killed the rest tied and subdued (he will kill them himself*) He mentions the huge amount of wealth in here and says also that he has seen some magic items on the warriors and chief but can’t narrow them down.

He gives them all an honorable out from the killing of subdued enemies should the plan be accepted.

[/sblock]

orsal

LEW Judge
OOC: Apologies again -- I got back from canoeing to find my computer had conked out. Until I get it either repaired or replaced, I'm using an old and slow borrowed laptop, which I find inconvenient. And I don't have access to my game notes. I'll do the best I can with this...

The floor is made of stone -- Kyle and Lokin don't find it possible to dig.

Altogether, you've seen at least a dozen orcs, although never all at once. Since nobody has mentioned exploring the rest of the room, I assume you're staying in the area near the door. That would prevent you from getting a complete count.

In response to Zurd's whispered comments, Kongu whispers back:
[sblock=Zurd, or DC 25 Listen check]"I was wondering. I've never heard of orcish hospitality. So you think they have some hostile plan? I'll trust you on that. You know orcs better than I."

"No, I'm not a spellcaster like Filalia. I wish we still had her with us. I can influence minds with oratory. Putting people to sleep is another matter altogether."
[/sblock]

The orcs seem to be getting quite jolly, as they are all drinking a strong orcish beer not recognizable to those members of the party unfamiliar with orcish culture. Everyone in the tribe -- men, women and children -- are drinking, and they keep offering it to Zurd. After Zurd's comments, they also start offering it to the rest of you. A few of them are engaging Zurd more actively in conversation.

[sblock=orcish]
DerHauptman (Zurd) said:
At some point I will notice Grok has gone and when that happens I will pretend to be miffed and demand his attention as his guest – I will say that we are equals and I expect to be accompanied by him as is custom. I will ask where he has gone and if he is gone for more than a few minutes I will send demand someone go get him for me.

Several of the orcs try to reassure him. "Chief will be back soon. He said he wanted to give you something."

Do not mistake my heritage for a sign of weakness. I am an as pure an orc as any of you in spirit! None of you should dispute that to my face! I spit <spits> on the weak races!

One of the orcs, introduced as Thugoch, responds, "Our tribe was formed under a great human chief, a conqueror of orcs. Nobody who has served under the great human chief doubts that some humans have the might and the bravery of an orc. Not all humans fight like elves!"

I have not enjoyed the company of a fine orc woman in many a moon and would enjoy that greatly…could they be lined up for me to choose one for this night? I am not sure of your customs there - in my tribe we offer a pick of women to visiting chiefs and shamans for their entertainment.

Another orc, Thakkiz, answers him, "You must ask Chief. Chief return soon. But you have good female slave. If you sleep with our woman, could we have your women tonight? That one, she tough like orc. She good for orc. The other, she look weak. Like when orcs beat human town, orcs get women like her. But not like real orc women. Thugoch, you like weak woman or good orc woman?"

Thugoch laughs heartily. "Both good. The tough woman, she could be a real orcish mate. You are lucky to have her, honoured guest Zurd. But puny women, orcs capture them and have them once. It is a sign of victory. When orcs can own the women of the weaker races , they show that orcs are best. But then you kill them. A woman like yours, you keep her forever. She may be human, but if she is tough like a proper orc, orcs should respect her, and treat her like a real orc-woman. Like the Great Human Chief. He was human, but we respected him, because he was strong like orcs."

I expect my champion and my elite guard will be treated as such regardless of their race. They have served me well in the absence of orc warriors and like me they are orc warriors in spirit and I want them to be treated in keeping with their stations.

It is in response to this comment that the orcs begin offering drinks directly to Zurd's "slaves".[/sblock]

Lot

First Post
Lokin accepts the drink but hardly drinks it at all, mostly sloshing it about as jovially as he can pretend to be. He also tries to engage some of the warriors in old army drinking games he can remember. By spending most of the time explaining the rules, he avoids actually playing; basically pointing at random orcs and saying "Now you drink!"

D20Dazza

Explorer
Kyle follows Lokin's lead but actually can't help himself and does drink the orc beer. After a few drinks Kyle attempts to teach the orcs an old dwarven tavern song, though he avoids translating the words to "The Orc and the Pie" for fear of incriminating himself (he's not that drunk).

DerHauptman

First Post
Zurd visualizes for a moment Payne with some of the orcs...the undressing part goes well but later, it ends in slit throats and a lot of blood.

He laughs a little chuckle and responds grabbing Payne by the waist and smiling at her...

[sblock=Orcish] Yea she is a good woman and lively in the furs as well - I think I'll spare you all the pain though and keep her for myself.... [/sblock]

He accepts the drinks of course but nurses them spilling a good deal down his shirt when making the challenge to "chug" one. His goal of course is to get them as drunk as possible like he told the others to do.

He turns to Payne and whispers in her ear... <raises an eyebrow>

[sblock=whispering]

I think the Chief may want to "exchange" women with me for this evening when he gets back, its a custom of theirs...dunno could get you close enough to complete our mission.

Not delaying the punch line...

Kidding...we are still on why don't you mingle a bit and see if you can get an accurate head count if you don't mind. [/sblock]

hero4hire

Explorer
Kol had just about enough. He wasn't one for games or ruses. He just wasn't built for it. Then there was the smell. Rotting Lizard flesh, unwashed orc. The constant grunting in a language he couldn't understand. The way Zurd manhandled Payne and the greedy look in the orc's eyes when they looked at her. Then more whispering!

To say Kol had a bad temper would be unfair. All of his race the maenad were borne with a spiritual rage. An anger that the Maenad trained all thier lives to repress. But not Kol however, since as a lad he embraced his emotions and was exiled for it.

He had tried to remain calm, he bit his tongue (literally) to remain silent.

But something inside Kol's psyche just went SNAP.

He took one step then two, slowly building momentum. His Axe came from a low upward arc and almost glowed with energy, Aimed for the loins of an offending orc.

OOC: Rage, charge toughest looking orc, power attack for 2, expend psionic focus attack roll actually 18 with rage
Damage is 29 (2d6 ax, +7 str, +2d6 psionic weapon, +4 power attack)

Last edited:

Remove ads