• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Exploring the Hase-Suna Complex (Manzanita judging) [Concluded]

hero4hire

Explorer
Kol was almost too busy eyeing the Orcs suspiciously to enjoy his fried vermin.

Almost! But not quite. He couldn't believe he was eating rat! Each savory bite was more tasty then the next.

"If you're only half the healer you are a chef we are indeed twice blessed by your presence Friend Dwarf."

D20Dazza

Explorer
The pudgy folds of fat that ring Kyle's mouth tighten and expand as his plump, purple lips stretch across his face in a broad, pleased grin. Nodding at Kol's compliment the fat chef says "It is an honour and a pleasure to be able to cook for someone so appreciative friend Kol. I hope I have many more opportunities to do so"

TwistedMindInc

First Post
Payne follows Zurd to the corner of the room, all most instantly lurching backwards as he closes the gap between them to get cozy.. but something tells her to hold off. Blinking once, then twice as his words enter her ears. All right. A scam. She could go along with it. Stepping in, hesitantly at first, her arms slip around Zurd as he speaks.. awkwardly no doubt. Gloved hands splay out on his back and her head rests against his chest as he whispers in her ear the details of his plan, the smile.. of course.. never comes. That just wasn't something she did often, so he'd have to accept what she delivered. Though, she did lift her head when he mentions slaughtering of the children. ``No..`` quietly, so the other wouldn't hear, her arms still about his mid-section.. ``I will not slay children. We set them free. The women, the warriors.. fine. But, I cannot kill their youth. If you agree that we set them free, then I will go along with the plan.`` Mis-matched eyes focus on his own.

DerHauptman

First Post
[sblock=Still Whispering in her ear]

I didn't think to find you squeamish....

Ok...good enough then, they will die anyway probably...it is almost better to do it my way quickly than let them suffer...but as you wish...

We will see how many their are when we get to the clan-holds we can work out our plan then....

Thanks...for going along I suspect they are wearing and using a good deal of the wealth that was here...we will figure that out soon enough...we are entitled to our prise my sweet...

[/sblock]

He holds the embrace and lets her chose when to break it..

When she does he addresses the group...

Kyle are you ready to move down the hall? If so lets all move out...

D20Dazza

Explorer
Kyle, standing at the door beside his other companions, backpack strapped to his back and the newly acquired cleaver hanging from his belt gulps and nods his head at Zurd "As ready as I'll ever be" he says his voice slightly squeeky from anticpation, fear and worry.

orsal

LEW Judge
When the group is ready, Grok leads you down the hall to the right. You cross the main corridor , proceeding to a side of the complex that you hadn't visited in your first foray.

In the meantime, Kongu asks Zurd, "What did the chief tell you, o fearless leader? Did you learn any secrets of this stronghold?"

The walk continues, the corridor turning right, then coming to a "T" at which you turn left. Another 50' down the hall there are doors to the left and right. Another orc, whom Grok had introduced to you as Krep, opens the door on the left, and you all continue through. After a long winding passage you come to another door, which again Krep opens. It leads to a large room -- extending farther than any of you can see. There is a pool in front of you, circular with a diameter of about 20', full of somewhat dirty water, and two more pools that you all can see, one to the left and one to the right. Beyond that, you're not sure.

[sblock=Kyle, Payne, Kol]You see what looks like gold at the bottom of the pool in front of you -- hundreds, maybe thousands, of coins, and some gems (impossible to see through the water what kind).[/sblock]

There are at least eight orcs near the door, five male and three female. To the right, along the wall, you see some lizardmen corpses, dismembered to varying degrees.

Grok remarks, [sblock=orcish]"The pools in this room were a favourite of the scalymen. They like water. When we finished killing their men, this is where we found their women and children. They were easy to dispatch. They like water." The scorn in his voice when he mentions reptilian fondness for water suggests that he can't understand why. He then turns to the assembled orcs and says, "Proud orcs of the Hadzanzuna people, this is Zurd, slayer of scalymen and friend to the Hadzanzuna people. Let us celebrate our joint victory over the invaders of our home."[/sblock]

The orcs all make a noise that you all recognize as cheering.

DerHauptman

First Post
Looking to Kongu....

Just what I said before, we are to feast here with them this evening in their clan area. He says we have driven out the remaining lizardmen and we are to enjoy a somewhat celebrity status with them.

I will pump him for information while we eat and ask him his plans for the future, then we will discuss the remaining valuables and a possible deal.

If none can be reached...well, you know the rest I suspect.

Can you discreetly cast a detect magic spell and look about the orcs to see how much of the wealth they are wearing? Without drawing attention to yourself? Don't do it otherwise.

Lot

First Post
Lokin tries his best to look relaxed, but the current situation is keeping him on edge. Lokin remains standing, his eyes darting around trying to see in the darkened, shadowy room. His hand keep coming to rest on the hilt of his sword, as much as he tries to keep it by his side. Finally, Lokin cross his arms across his chest to keep his hand away from his blade. In the meantime, he has found time to restrap the enchanted shield to his arm.

hero4hire

Explorer
Kol was no expert on Orcs, but from the tales he had never heard them to be what one would call "hospitable". Suspecting a trap Kol kept his eyes and especially his ears open.

When they finally arrived Kol tried to look non-plussed by the treasure in the pool. He measured the numbers and look of the orcs they may or may not be fighting soon. He especially tried to figure out if there was any evidence of more of thier number, perhaps hidden to ambush.

DerHauptman

First Post
Zurd offers his hand to Payne....then addresses the others...

Come on now its a party not a lynching lets enjoy it....

Kyle, see what you can do with those lizardmen carcass and please if you spot the remains of a rather big dog please let me know.

I want her hide and skull returned if possible.

Remove ads