• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Exploring the Hase-Suna Complex (Manzanita judging) [Concluded]

D20Dazza

Explorer
Concnetratnig on trying to get the fire started Kyle only half hears Kol's joke "What? We have more coming for dinner! Well we might need to go and retrieve some more rat carcasses then"

hero4hire

Explorer
D20Dazza said:
Concnetratnig on trying to get the fire started Kyle only half hears Kol's joke "What? We have more coming for dinner! Well we might need to go and retrieve some more rat carcasses then"

"No Kyle I said we may BE dinner!" Kol corrected the dwarf.

D20Dazza

Explorer
hero4hire said:
"No Kyle I said we may BE dinner!" Kol corrected the dwarf.
"We might be...dinner" the fat dwarf gulps, a sheen of fine sweat making his face glisten sickly in the torch light "I think I prefer my option" he says with a shaky voice as he thumbs the blade of his newly acquired cleaver.

orsal

LEW Judge
D20Dazza said:
"We might be...dinner" the fat dwarf gulps, a sheen of fine sweat making his face glisten sickly in the torch light "I think I prefer my option" he says with a shaky voice as he thumbs the blade of his newly acquired cleaver.

Kongu laughs. "Who knows? At any rate, let us let our orc-blooded friend negotiate with his kinsman. I imagine we will learn more about this place that way than by killing all we meet."

Lot

First Post
Lokin stops pulling the table he was moving across the room and looks to Zurd and his new "friend." Eyeing the orc with suspicion, Lokin redraws his sword and moves into the hall to keep an eye for more trouble.

orsal

LEW Judge
When Lokin brandishes his weapon, the orc looks askance at him, then eyes Zurd. In orcish he says,
[sblock]"Thugoch went to get our warriors. If your warriors attack me, they will exact vengeance three times from you."[/sblock]

Lot

First Post
Lokin nods and sheathes his sword. Eyeing the orc, he responds in his poorly pronounced orcish: [sblock=Orcish language]I mean you no harm. I merely use great caution when dealing with great warriors such as yourself.[/sblock]

Lokin smiles stiffly.

DerHauptman

First Post
Zurd looks over at Lokin with a slightly disapproving glance for speaking first...

Saying to Lokin in Common...

Compliments can get you into quick trouble be sure you don't over do it or you could end up with the type of "close" relationship with one you don't want if they are a war party without females. If you know what I mean...Then looking back to the warrior...

No need for blood right now - the day is young!
<laughs>

[sblock=Orsal] I am going to have a long day at work tomorrow so I am posting my introductory speech to the Chieftain. I just want to make sure that I get first action when he comes but with me unable to respond all day that may not be possible. If its not plausible that my speech goes off when he comes in then disregard and I'll just have to wait. However, I think as a party we discussed it'd be better if I lead this parlay. [/sblock]

SET UP

While we are waiting I will cast my prestidigitation spell when I hear them coming up the hall which should be easy to hear as they are orcs and likely loud.

When he comes in I will encase my head in the green shimmering light I described a while back and when I speak I will try to have a slight echo to my voice making it sound louder and more authoritative.

I will speak to him in a tone that has an air of superiority and confidence like a an older brother or shaman speaking to a chieftain.

Introduction in orcish...(in black)

I greet him in the physical manner of my people,

I am Zurd - killer of the great bear and Warparty leader from the Skin Takers Clan of the North

I am here on a quest - driven by our ancestors to remove the scaly men and to recover items for the glory of my clan.

I am a shaman, a speaker of the dead...guided to this place for their glory and honor.

I wield the arcane gifts < increase backlight behind head>

Last time we were here we took 10 or more skins to include this one and these trophies

<hands him the large piece of skin from the lizardmen and the necklace of teeth and claws he made>

I offer them to you as a gift.

My warparty is all non-orckin as was spoken by Glagh (a legendary Hero from orcish lore about perseverance in the face of near failure ), my orc warriors have all died bravely in battle for me...and it is part of my penance to suffer their <points and spits> company.

They have proven trustworthy and through fear they serve me as unquestionably -

This <motioning to Lokin> is my overseer,

This <Pointing to Kol>, this one is my capable champion,

This <Payne> is the warparty's scout

This <Kyle> is a seasoned grunt.

This <motions to Kongu> is our story teller, singer and scribe....

What brings you to this place....

orsal

LEW Judge
The first orc, when Lokin sheathes his sword, does not respond. He looks at Zurd, expecting a reply from the half-orc. He continues staring uneasily while Zurd addresses his human assocate, but relaxes when addressed peacefully by Zurd. "Good. Keep them from attacking, and you may speak to our chief shortly."

Kongu, in the meantime, comes out into the hall. "What is happening?" she asks in Common. To the orc she says, "Hello. What is your business here? You are too young to have been alive when Suna and Hase' lived here." The orc shows no sign of understanding, and does not even acknowledge her, looking mainly at Zurd with occasional glances around to the rest.

I'll pause to give others a chance to act while waiting. If any of you intend to do or say something in the next 10 minutes, post it now. Then I'll pick up the action when the next creatures show up...

DerHauptman

First Post
Kongu, my dear this may get a little precarious at times do you think that you could whip up a kind of tribute song to our warparty while we wait and sing it if needed - something harsh and a little threating about our power and exploits?

I'll give you a head nod in case I think we need it to appear fierce.

Everyone remember eyes down when I talk to you but never look away from them even if they try to stare you down - its a test of wills.

Remove ads