di Senzio's Tournement: Merchant Avenue [El Jefe judging]

BigB

First Post
Khairi turns to the others and says I guess we go up the stairs. then heads up the stairs himself. Neither one of you are a mage or cleric that can create water are you?

Heckler

First Post
BigB said:
Khairi turns to the others and says I guess we go up the stairs. then heads up the stairs himself. Neither one of you are a mage or cleric that can create water are you?

"Just some simple swordsmen looking to help," replies Octavio, following Khairi up the stairs.

Knight Otu

First Post
(Hey, we're good players, we don't read posts meant just for others. ;) Besides, Semabin isn't exactly perceptive...)

Semabin, now noticing the stairs, hurries up as well.

Velmont

First Post
As the group climb up, they feels as they were entering hell itself. The air is so hit that it almost burn you. Smoke fill all the air and not only crawl on the ceiling like on the basement. The roof over your head look like a great bonefire. The roof seems supported by three beem that go from side to side of the house. The central beam have been badly burned, enough to break and fall. It has pierce the floor and make a large hole.

On the other side of the hole, stuck under the beam, there is a man who try to ward a baby. The baby seems lifeless but the man try to remove the beam from him without success. He spots you. "Help me!"

[SBLOCK=Knowledge (Architecture and Engineering) DC: 15]The fire have damaged the two beams. You estimate that they can break at anytime. If one of these two ever break, the roof will fall apart too, and that mean the house most likely end in a pile of ash, the people inside included.[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=OOC]Everyone who have climb the steps must now do a Fortitude Save (DC: 15) or they lose there round coughing and chocking (I will only allow free action during that time, including 5 feet movement).

The hole is large, but you can move around without much trouble, or you can always jump over if you like (DC: 5)

Animus, I presumed Garrit has followed the others, if you want to stay on the basement, there is no problem.[/SBLOCK]

BigB

First Post
Khairi reaching the top of the stairs feels the extreme heat from the fire and thinks they must hurry to save this man and baby or become casualties themselves. fortitude check=20

We must hurry if we are to survive this rescue ourselves. Khairi then jumps over the hole in the floor 1d20+6=11

Khairi will then check the baby to see if it is alive. If so he will hand it to one of the others.

[sblock=jump "1d20+5=10"]Khairi's jump roll should be 1d20+5=10. I mistakingly used +6.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
Khairi jumps easily over the hole, quickly followed by Octavio. Khairi grab the baby. he feels an hearth beat and a breath, but it seems weak and fading away. He hands the baby to Ocatvio and look at the man. The man's leg is stuck between the broken floor and the beam. His leg seems broken and it doesn't seem possible to move him if teh beam is not removed before, and the beam seems serioulsy stuck there.

Semabin, was following Ocatvio, but the smoke surprised him, and he lost his breath and choke. Garrit, the last to climb, moev around Semabin and try to jump, but his feet land on a weaken part of the floor and under the heavy weight of the paladin, it break and Garrit fall in the hole. He lands heavily on the burning beam before rolling on the ground. He feels a pain in his back and a small burn on his arm, but can still feels all his body.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Garrit took 4 points of damage for the fall and 1 point of fire damage because of the flames that are eating the beam and couch.

Velmont said:
The hole is large, but you can move around without much trouble, or you can always jump over if you like (DC: 5)
Just to be sure it was clear, you could have just move around, it would have taken a bit more time (You have to pass through difficult terrain (to avoid the flames) and poor visibility (because of teh smoke), so it cost 4 times the normal movement, which should be 60 feet (15 feet x4), instead of 10 with a DC:5 jump check)[/SBLOCK]

Remove ads