di Senzio's Tournement: Merchant Avenue [El Jefe judging]

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]Just a note about the fortitude test. The DC raise by one each round, so this round, it is 16. The DC is reset to 15 if you can breath fresh air (like on the first floor or outside), so Garrit doesn't have to make a roll this round and will have to do one at DC:15 if he climb back on the upper floor.

I've added a map of the floor. The room where you are look like a small workshop. The white square cost double move (bad vision), the yellow have small fires and cost four moves to pass into it (bad vision and difficult ground). You can ignore the difficult ground, but risk 1d4 of fire damage. Orange are difficult ground that can't be ignore, and you take 2d4 of fire damage if you walk through it. Anytime you take fire damage, you can do a reflex save for half damage.

Finally, if you choke for two rounds in a row, you take 1d6 of subdual damage,as expalin in the Smoke Effect chapter in the SRD.[/SBLOCK]

Attachments

• BurningHouse.GIF
    BurningHouse.GIF
    3.3 KB · Views: 84

BigB

First Post
Khairi fortitude check 1d20+4=24

Frantically Khairi searches the room for something to pry the beam off the man's leg. If he sees nothing useful he will attempt to dislodge the beam. That failing he will try chopping at the beam with his scimitars. We must get this man out of here before we end up scinders.

Velmont

First Post
Octavio, chocking under the weight of the smoke, slowly move toward the stairs. A pieces of the roof fall just next to him but was luckily not in the path. The baby in his hands is still lifeless, but he feels the fainting breath.

Semabin grabs the beam where it isn't burning, and try to move it. Khairi help him, by using his scimitar as a lever, as it is all that he could find, as anything that could be use as a lever are presently in the heart of the flames. The beam seems to want to move, so Khairi put more weight on his blade. The beam start to move but the blade snap under Khairi's weight. The beam become unbalance and slide into the hole and open more the hole.

The floor under Ocatvio is ripped by the beam and he cannot help himself to avoid to fall with it. Ocatvio fall to the basement, but in his fall, he has the chance to roll enough to avoid any damage for the baby, taking it all. Garrit see the beam falling from the hole, ripping a part of the ceiling and Octavio with it. Luckily for Garrit, he wasn't under the beam as it falled.

A loud cracking noise fill they buidling. Semabin and Khairi looks over them. The southern beam has cracked and is bending severly. A few more pieces of the roof fall into the fire.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Semabin and Khairi must continue to save against the smoke. As it is there third round into the smoke, the DC is now 17.

Khairi's blade miss his save against the unusual use made by it and is now useless.

Octavio failed his reflex save to maintain his balance on the breaking floor and falled. I made a tumbling test to avoid damage for the baby. you redice his damage by one dice easily, but took your full damage. If you want, you can take no damage, but the baby will take your damage... and you took only 2 damage.[/SBLOCK]
[SBLOCK=OOC][/SBLOCK]

Heckler

First Post
Velmont said:
The floor under Ocatvio is ripped by the beam and he cannot help himself to avoid to fall with it. Ocatvio fall to the basement, but in his fall, he has the chance to roll enough to avoid any damage for the baby, taking it all. Garrit see the beam falling from the hole, ripping a part of the ceiling and Octavio with it. Luckily for Garrit, he wasn't under the beam as it falled.

Do I fall to the basement or the ground floor? If I'm in the basement I'll start looking for a way back up to the ground floor. If I'm on the ground floor I'll go outside, yelling that I need a healer and there's more people inside.

Velmont said:
Octavio failed his reflex save to maintain his balance on the breaking floor and falled. I made a tumbling test to avoid damage for the baby. you redice his damage by one dice easily, but took your full damage. If you want, you can take no damage, but the baby will take your damage... and you took only 2 damage.

I can let the baby take my damage? As tempting as that is, I think I'll keep my 2 damage, thanks. :p

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]You fal on the ground floor, a few feet from where is standing Garrit and not very far from the door.

By the way, Garrit still havn't act this round, so he can act for two rounds.[/SBLOCK]

BigB

First Post
In round 3 the smoke becomes too much for Khairi as he begins choking fortitude save = 10

Khairi calls to Semabin Can we lower this man through the hole in the floor to escape the smoke or can you take him down the stairs? choke...cough....

Khairi will either help Semabin best he can or do his best (having failed his save) to drag the man toward the hole in the floor if Semabin is unable to help.

Animus

Explorer
Garrit Kelspire, Paladin 1 of Hyrag

Taking a moment to assess the situation, the half-orc paladin moves into action when Octavio falls through the hole with the baby. He goes over and drags Octavio out.

OOC: How long will that take me and do I need to make any kind of check?

Knight Otu

First Post
Fortitude save round 3 (1d20+5=20)
"Might be too high. But we can try." He looks how high the hole is from the ground floor, and if it is low enough that the man could be lowered so that Garrit could take ahold of him, he'll call down "Sir Garrit, we'll try lowering the man down the hole, please take a hold of him as well as possible."
Then he'll start the procedure.

Velmont

First Post
OOC: Hmmm.. I see some confusion in the last posts (like, Garrit doesn't need to drag Octavio out of any hole, as he is laying on the ground floor, next to Garrit, and not very far fr0m the door)... might be my fault... here the situation.

As far as you know, there is no basement.

On the ground floor, there is a living room where is burning a couch and the fallen beam. A few more furniture are around too. A door lead to what seems the kitchen, one door lead outside and some stair leads to the upper floor. Garrit is standing next to the couch with some contusions from the fall (4 pts of dmg) and a small burn (1 pts of dmg). Octavio is laying next to him with the baby in his hand, and also have some contusion (2 pts of damage), but succed to avoid any damage for the baby in his fall. Just above there head, there is a large hole in the ceiling. A small cloud of smoke float above them too, crawling on the ceiling and exiting the room by the doors and hole in the ceiling.

On the upper floor, there is two room. A workshop and a bedroom. The stairs lead to the workshop. Both room are burning. The furniture are in flames and pieces of the roof are laying on the ground and burning. An heavy smoke fills all the rooms of the upper floor and it is difficult for anyone to breath. A large hole in the floor is in the middle of the room, created by the fallen beam. A man is laying on the floor next to the hole, his leg finally free from the beam. Semabin and Khairi are standing next to the man.

The roof is on fire and severly damaged. Hole have appeared but not enough to evacuate all the smoke. The roof is maintain by three beam that support all the structure. The middle beam have been burned severly to teh point a large part of it has fallen (creating the hole and pinning the man to the floor). The southern beam is burning but seem to hold well enough for now. The northen beam have been severly burned and have start to crack under the wait of the roof. It is now dangerously bending and could break at anytime.

Here two maps to help you. Yellow square cost double move to move in or you are burned by the fire. Orange square, you are automatically burned. Upper floor cost twice to move (x4 in yellow square if you don't want ot be burned) because of the poor visibility. (1 square = 5 feet, and more than 1 person can stand in the same square as you are not in combat).

Attachments

• BurningHouseGroundFloor.GIF
    BurningHouseGroundFloor.GIF
    2.8 KB · Views: 73
  • BurningHouseUpperFloor.GIF
    BurningHouseUpperFloor.GIF
    3.3 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:

Remove ads