[Exalted] Solar Circle of the West - whole slew of updates 3/8/09

Ao the Overkitty

First Post
Session 50 - Mother! Mission Accomplished!

Session 50
Synopsis of 7/2/07 and sub session 7/4/07

Mother! Mission Accomplished!
by AlwaysToast

Tiger realizes the people who have just walked off will probably be hunted down and killed by the Dragon-Bloods for their association with Anathema. As they walk away.

Tiger: (yelling after them) Have fun at your funeral!

A-Dom: I’m going to go report now! I’ll take care of it! Don’t worry, you won’t remember me at some point.

A-Dom wanders off... ALONE.

Alex: Us incompetent?

Dan: Yes.

Jade’s Luck: So we are taking all these people to the ship?

Tiger: Yes, because anyone left behind will be found, and killed.

The skeleton nods. The group heads off through the sewers to the docks.

Tiger: (to skeleton) You can be the new team mascot.

Jade’s Luck: Too bad A-Dom isn’t with us. We could cover our tracks by destroying the sewers behind us.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gareth gets to his sister’s Sara’s house.

Sara: Gareth, it’s awfully late isn’t it? What’s the matter?

Gareth: I’ve heard from a reliable source that there is about to be a House war between the Dragon-Bloods. I think it would be best to get the family out of the city for a little while.

Sara: Where would we go?

Gareth: I know an island nearby where we can go.

Gareth manages to convince his family, and round up most of his family members. He finds out his brother is off 'in the north somewhere.' About an hour later the family is ready to leave. Gareth also gets his apprentices and Joe. Joe is all with the program, the apprentices are confused. Gareth looks at Jade’s Luck’s skycutter... and decides it’s not his problem.

Gareth’s family and the prison escapees arrive at the docks at the same time. Having 19 people, they are approaching the maximum capacity of the ship. So things will be rather cramped.

The group sails to Opec island. On the trip Jade’s Luck tells a story to keep everybody calm. As they are sailing Gareth asks Jade’s Luck to go back to the Elemental Manse to get food for the longer sailing trip ahead. Jade’s Luck agrees. However they discuss if her charm that protects an area from the wyld may in fact cause the Wyld Portal to stop working. So their backup plan becomes multiple trips.

Gareth: I think we are going to need an explanation.

Jade’s Luck: ('some other language’): How much are we going to explain?

Gareth: (Same language): I think we are going to need a full explanation.

Jade’s Luck: There is explain and there is 'explain.’ There is Jahar style explaining where people end up staring at their belly button... and there is real explaining.

Tiger: Why Don’t we take them to elemental island? There is already an uninhabited town.

The group sails for 2 days to Opec Island.

A-Dom wanders off through the sewers. He heads towards the Sesus controlled area of town. While walking he tries to think of the best person to look like, so they can be blamed for being an Anathema.

Ryan: Gabe is going to be pissed at me. I want to out Jahar. (Pause) Yea, I’m going to blame Jahar, because I can... and I’m A-DOM!

A-Dom 'ninjas’ around the Sesus compound. To get the lay of the land and to find out exactly where Sesus Weijin is.

Weijin: Where is Jahar?!? Someone is going to find him on whatever podknock island he is on and drag him back here by his tongue so he can pay the ransom for Jara. I will not have him destroying our alliance with the Cynis.

While he is skulking about he hears that ‘something’ happened at house Peleps. But there are no good details currently. He also hear:

Dragon-Blood: Crime wave on Marcus’ Gift. Slaves have been stealing money from everyone for days... and none of it can be found. They might be planning a revolt or something.

Guard: Do you really want to bring this to her now?

Dragon-Blood: Ok, you’re right. Dispatch two brigades to Marcus’ Gift. I’ll tell her about it when it’s a successes.

A-Dom follows the man, who leaves with two other guards who start marching, side by side, towards the docks. A-Dom wait’s in an alleyway with his club for them to walk past. A-Dom steps out behind them and takes a might swing at head level. He kills all three guards by obliterating their heads... and shoulders in a spray of blood. A-Dom leaps up to the rooftops before the bodies even hit the ground. The only witness to the slaughter is a small black cat with a white spot on his chest.

A-Dom: Damn it... I’m going to have to come back for him.

A-Dom sneaks off and cleans the blood off himself. A-Dom works on collecting things to make his Jahar disguise. He then goes about shadowing Sesus Weijin trying to find his best opportunity to make his public discussion. She of course is very active as things are going all kinds of wrong. Nobody can find Jahar, some guards exploded, etc.

The next day at around 2pm A-Dom sees a group of Peleps (Who A-Dom figures is there to tell them something happened to the Hostage) and a group of Cynis (Who are probably there to get their allies in house Sesus to actually back them up) heading towards House Sesus from opposite directions.

A-Dom uses his charm to look as similar to Jahar as possible. Skin color, hair color, shape, etc. He then uses the stuff he found to physically disguises himself to look even more like Jahar.

The two groups stop about equal distance from the gates of house Sesus. The representatives of house Sesus (including Weijin) are standing outside the gate.

Before the different groups start talking to each other, A-Dom gets on the rooftop of the building across the street from the Sesus compound and activates his Dawn Caste power, which activates his bracers so everything he says can be heard for miles, and flairs his anima banner at the same time.

GM: It’s really funny because he’s Jahar’s original caste.

Dan: It’s not just funny for that reason.

Jahar-Dom: Mother! Mission Accomplished! Peleps is taken care of!

He salutes and runs like mad! Turning off his anima (since he payed to flair it) and caste power while running. House Peleps rushes the members of House Sesus. House Sesus kind of stands there in shock. The Dragon-Bloods of house Cynis go chasing after Jahar-Dom. They run across the rooftops. Here is where A-Dom’s plan starts to show it’s weak points. As he has no escape plan.

Ryan: I try to take a sharp left turn and then... crap that will make me start glowing. Damn my caste.

The Cynis start firing arrows at Jahar-Dom as they run. One arrow hits him, and Jahar-Dom realizes the arrows have barbs growing out of them.

Ryan: If I can get them to chase me for an hour... I can get away. This is where my plan really ended.

Jahar-Dom starts running towards the northern forest, as he is constantly looking for someplace he can lose them.

GM: In trying to decide where to hide, A-Dom quadruple botches a Int + Larceny check.

Jahar-Dom decides the northern forest is the perfect place to hide. House Cynis will never find him among all those trees. Jahar-Dom found a great place to hide in the canopy of a tree. The Cynis show up and they start looking around. One of them is quite perceptive and it looking at all the trees that Jahar-Dom passed through.

Cynis Tracker: Gee, I Don’t know where he is. I guess we’ll have to start the tree clearing with... That one! (Pointing at the tree Jahar-Dom is in.)

A-Dom then sees what appears to be a thirty foot tall suit of armor made of green jade, and carrying a green jade Great Axe (built to size), land in the forest (as Jahar-Dom didn’t see him heading in by jumping).

Cynis Warstrider: Which one?

Cynis Tracker: (Pointing) That one.

Jahar-Dom: Right, he’s first.

Jahar-Dom goes after the Warstrider. The Warstrider decides to cleave the tree in half, and hit Jahar-Dom at the same time.

Ryan: This is going to hurt.

A-Dom is knocked past incapacitated in one blow. So the Cynis find ‘Wyld A-Dom’ in amongst the split tree. A-Dom starts to glow in his sleep (as he activates his healing charm) so there is no question about what he is.

At some point during the sailing trip:

Jade’s Luck: While I was having my small fit, a guy with a blue face and a sword put things into my head that we apparently need to know. When is the slave rebellion suppose to start?

Gareth: Next week.

Tiger: Around two o’clock.

Gareth: Next week.

Tiger: Around two o’clock today.

Gareth: Oh! I’ve found out what those bastards name really are. But it’s apparently hard to remember because both Tiger and A-Dom have both forgotten. It was really hard for me to remember too. So pay VERY close attention. If you two fail... I guess I’m all alone here. They are called Sidereals.

5 seconds later

Gareth: Did you remember?

Jade’s Luck: You were saying something about Mother:):):):)ers?

Bianca: Sidereals got it.

Gareth: (Laughing) Hahahah, I’m not insane!

Jade’s Luck: Part of the knowledge I got is the mother:):):):)ers serve the 5 maidens like we serve the Unconquered Sun.

For some reason the group realized that Gareth is the only person in the party who actually has Medicine as a skill. Gareth starts threatening to force people into eclipse bound agreements to learn medicine...

Jade’s Luck uses her charms to make everyone to have the emotional state of 'calm'? for the duration of the trip.

Tiger: Once we get them to an island that they can’t escape, then we can scare them.

After two days of sailing, the ship gets to Opec’s island at the superbly well crafted dock.

Random Mortal with them: Why is there such a nice dock here?

Tiger asks the skeleton if he would be willing to hang out on Opec island. The Skeleton doesn’t have much to do, so it agrees. Tiger takes him to Opec and tells him to rest against Opec like he died there. Soon as the skeleton leans on Opec it goes shooting off into the jungle. Tiger runs over and starts to pull him off... then stops.

Tiger: Can you see Opec from here? (The skeleton nods) Great, let me know if anyone other then us visit’s here.

Tiger just leaves the skeleton hanging impaled on the tree.

Jade’s Luck: (to skeleton) Can you tell the difference between mortals and exalts? (Skeleton shrugs) Ok, you know all the people on the boat. We Don’t want them coming over here. Opec is kind of dangerous.

The skeleton does his best 'Oh really?' look, from his location impaled upon the tree. Jade’s Luck helps him down and puts him at the bottom of the tree. The skeleton takes one branch and sticks it through his ribs. Tiger explains the solar circle, and Jahar to the Skeleton, and says he’s ok. Jade’s Luck then goes into a long rant upon why Jahar is like that.

Bianca goes to talk to Opec:

Bianca: Hi Opec! I have pages for you. Where would you like them?

Opec: (Speaking inside Bianca’s head) Just hold them up against me. Oh and just put the rocks down.

Bianca does so, and the pages appear to sink into Opec’s black onyx surface.

Bianca: Oh and we found a book, it’s really big, and it has 50 hearthstone slots on each side.

Opec: That describes four books I know.

Bianca: They do anything cool?

Opec: One of them knows every thing. One of them knows most things, and one of knows things no one is suppose to know.

Bianca: How do you tell them apart?

Opec: You have to talk to them.

Bianca also finds out that they need all of the hearthstone slots filled on a book to talk to it.

Opec: So you want to know more about the Saphire Sentinals. They were created by the Wretch of Winter, Lord Lightbringer of Spring's Courage, and Evening Tide of Autumn. While they were drunk for two years. They thought it was a great idea to created 'emergency devices.' One of the things they built were the Sapphire Sentinals. Once they came out of their drunken haze, The Priestess of Summer's Fortune, ordered them to create strict limitations on when they could be used. I believe they settled upon a serious lack of faith in the true order of things in the west. That and it required that your circle went into Wretches Tomb.

Bianca: Is there anything we can do?

Opec: Convert people faster. As soon as all the non-believers are dead they will go back into stasis.

Bianca: (to Jade’s Luck) Situation normal.

Jade’s Luck and Tiger go to the portal on the beach at Opec Island and jump through to Elemental Island. Tiger orders the monkeys to make food.

Jade’s Luck finds out that when she sets the portal to the Island of Atlantis, she can’t control where on the island the portal is. The portal has a set location. The portal appears about 15ft off the ground, at the plateau on top of the highest mountain on the island (between the lake and the City of Yew). So it’s about 400 miles from the City of Atlantis.

Jade’s Luck: (to Tiger) Well, it’s going to be easier for us to get to Yew then we thought. But it’s going to take us a long time to get to Atlantis unless you can cover that distance really fast.

Tiger: (looks through the portal) About 4 hours.

Jade’s Luck: Really?

Tiger: Maybe a little longer.

Jade’s Luck: Could you carry my boomerang back?

Tiger: It will be... kind of obvious.

Jade’s Luck: I’ll take care of the food for people, and you should be back in 8 hours hopefully.

Jade’s Luck starts testing how much food she can carry through the portal without the food becoming mutated. A number of people have noticed Jade’s Luck step out of thin air, put down food and stuff, step back into nothing, come back with more food, etc. Eventually Jade’s Luck notices that many of the mortals with them have noticed. She gets Gareth while Bianca makes sure nobody has run away.

Jade’s Luck: Hey Gareth! Apparently the portal... could have been situated in a more discrete location. But we have food now. So... umm... how much full disclosure are we talking about?

Gareth: Full.

Jade’s Luck: Maybe you should put the boat off shore so the scared mortals Don’t all flee for the boat?

Gareth: I’ll do that at the last second. I’m confident I can get to the
boat before them.

Jade’s Luck makes everyone feel ‘Calm’ before explaining this.

Jade’s Luck tries to explain things ‘in a good way.’ Dragon-Bloods are not doing things right, and the Gods in Heaven sent us to fix things. Most people appear to believe that her story is plausible. The ones who do not believer her story are not running in terror or attacking (they may believe Jade’s Luck is insane, and consorting with Anathema, but not immediately dangerous).

Gareth then explains that living on this island would be very rough. A week away there is a full town set up that they can use.

People: What about the people who use to live there?

Gareth: This village is currently abandoned.

People: Why would it be abandoned?

Gareth: There was a demon attack, which we took care of... They are all gone, and won’t be coming back.

People: How did you survive fighting demons?

Gareth: We’re mighty!

People: So you’re Dragon-Bloods?

Gareth: The Gods needed someone more powerful then the Dragon-Bloods to put them back on the path they are suppose to be.

People: Why didn’t they make the Dragon-Bloods fix themselves?

Jade’s Luck: The Dragon-Bloods have stopped listening to the gods.

The entire crowd starts getting really nervous.

Jade’s Luck: Umm... it’s more like they lost their way. They can’t hear the gods. They arn?t doing their duty for creation.

Gareth: Just most of them.

People: So when are we leaving for the demon sacked town?

They plan to leave about 6 hours later to sale to Elemental island.

Tiger who took the portal from Opec's Island to Elemental Island, then took the portal from there to Atlantis. Then he ran all the way to the City of Atlantis. Tiger checks Gareth’s shop, which is just fine. Then Tiger went to check out House Sesus. As he figures that is the only place he knew A-Dom was going. He sees that there had been a battle outside the Sesus compound recently. There are a lot of guards on patrols in the area and in the building.

Tiger then starts checking out bars trying to find A-Dom, and find out what’s been going on in the city. He finds out about the ‘Big anathema attack.’ Also house Sesus was employing Anathema. House Cynis captured an Anathema. There are also a lot of public notices about the fact that ‘everything is safe’ and there is ‘no threat of anathema attacks.’

Tiger goes to check out the Cynis area. He sees a big war strider patrolling the area. He sees servants going in and out of the area, and he pays attention to how they get in and out, and what kind of security measures are being taken.

16 hours after A-Dom was knocked out.

A-Dom wakes up. He is on a Rack, and rapped up, toe to his neck, in razor sharp thorny vines.

GM: Perception + Occult roll

Ryan: Proper burial rights?

A-Dom realizes he is inside a demon warded circle.

Torturer: Ve Vould like to ask you some Questionz.

A-Dom: (Really Chipper) Ok!

Liz & Dan try to play A-Dom by making a barrage of suggestions, and mentioning things he shouldn’t bring up (for the GM to ask about). Ryan thanks them profusely.

Torturer: Vhat is your name?

A-Dom: A-Dom

Torturer: Who do you work for? List all you’re masters.

A-Dom: Memnon, Sesus, the Coral Archipelago, Captain Diamond Eye Tor, and the Unconquored Sun.

Torturer: So... Please explain to me in great detail you’re relationship with house Memnon.

A-Dom: That’s easy, I get abused and :):):):)ed in the ass.

Torturer: You enjoy that sort of thing?

A-Dom: No that’s usually where the killing of a lot of them comes in. I got really really angry and started killing babies, puppies, people, I collapsed a whole bunch of buildings, there was an anathema scare. Do you have any water?

Torturer: No.

A-Dom: Well, I’m kind of uncomfortable.

Torturer: Vell, you’ll be dead soon. We can’t allow people like you running around destroying civilization.

A-Dom: It’s kind of pointless killing us. We just come right back in a different form.

Torturer: (Yelling out the door) Ve may have to think more about permanent storage. (Back to A-Dom) So vhat is your relationship to house Sesus.

A-Dom: Mostly beaten on and degraded, but not :):):):)ed in the ass. Which is why I like them more. I worked for a lot of Mother Sesus? children.

Torturer: Vhich ones?

A-Dom: Jahar and his sister. I think I worked for the mother too.

Torturer: Please list all of the other Anathema that you know.

A-Dom: Wretch of Winter, Autumn Storm, Rosewind, Marcus the Mad, Opec, and there was this blue guy, and a green guy, and the short and ugly one, I Don’t get names all the time. Oh there is the guy in the east. Oh and the Shining Mask of Justice, if you could make sure he dies, in a really painful way, it would be nice. He said something about House Cynis, and it was NOT in a positive context. Oh, oh, oh, Sesus Jahar.

Torturer: Very interesting. Vhat are you’re goals here?

A-Dom: I want to re-arrange creation in my own ideas and image.

Torturer: (While writting notes) Destroy the world. Well at least you’re honest.

A-Dom: No, no, no, raising armies of undead... killing lots of Dragon-Bloods and mortals...

Torturer: So you are a Necromancer then?

A-Dom: Oh yea, yea, yea. Killing lots of mortals, where was I? I like all that stuff.

Torturer: Have you been supernaturally bound by anyone yet? Please list whom you are bound by.

A-Dom: Unconquored Sun.

Torturer: Demon god.

A-Dom: He’s not really a demon. He’s the sun.

Torturer: Flaming demon god.

A-Dom: Bodhivista, Jahar, and probably some people I don’t know about... the Undertaker... in the west... er east, I keep going the wrong direction. He gave me stuff. Plus I have a lot of lists. I probably also have lists from past lives.

Torturer: Anything concerning the safety and security of the Island of Atlantis that I should know about.

A-Dom: (very serious) It’s about to be :):):):)ed up. You’re all going to kill each other, and we are going to help. Then we are going to come in and put things back in the natural order. And that would be with you as our bitches.

Torturer: Is there anything you would like to get off your chest?

A-Dom: (sigh) Well, I’ve stolen a lot of stuff. I really screwed up the island of Abalon because I stole the guys fancy hat and they can’t kill him without his hat. So I had to go back there after like 10, 15 years because the island was all :):):):)ed up and angry, then I went and killed him, then I got thrown into jail for insulting him. But since the volcano was all mellow now, I just went to jail. Also my mom is all unhappy with me because of my choices in life. I tried to explain that I look like an anathema but I’m not really an anathema, but I Don’t know if she understood or not, so she might still think I’m an anathema. Death knights call me an anathema too.

Torturer: That is because you are an Anathema.

A-Dom: NO! I’m a Solar. Not an anathema. See it’s like death knights and anathema. There are Mother:):):):)ers and there are :):):):):):):)s. The :):):):):):):)s are if not with us, at least not trying to screw us over. But the Mother:):):):)ers are trying really hard to screw us over, and screw you over too. There was one who helped a number of Dragon-Bloods die, but he got away before I could kill him.

Torturer: And how does one spot these ‘Mother:):):):)ers’ ?

A-Dom: If you look back, and they are gone, you’ve been screwed. So if you look away from me, and you look back, and I’m gone, and you can’t remember what I look like. I’m a mother:):):):)er.

The torturer leaves. Two other Cynis come in.

A-Dom: (Chipper) Hi

Cynis1: We feel you have been lying to our associate.

A-Dom: OK! You have charms and stuff? How are you going to beat it out of me?

Cynis1: Demons.

A-Dom is irritated that the Cynis use sorcery to summon the demon. A-Dom decides to critique their demon summoning in hopes of irritating them into screwing up. However, the Cynis make no mistakes. A demonic woman with a number of horns on her head appears at the end of the summoning.

A-Dom: I’m going to call you... Horny!

Horny: I’m going to call you my bitch.

A-Dom: I’ve been through this before. It usually ends poorly. It might end poorly for me but (shrug).

Horny: That’s really kind of the idea.

A-Dom: You know if I get free, I’ll probably break the binding circle. I do plan on killing them (he nods towards the two Cynis) you know.

Horny: How nice. Why don’t you tell me about your closest friends, or I take off a leg.

A-Dom: My drinking buddies?

Horny: The people you spend the most time with. Due to religious reasons.

A-Dom: Ok, what do you want to know?

Horny: Their names, where can I find them, what powers do they have?

A-Dom: Ok! We’ll start with Jahar! He’s one of the sons of the Sesus, he had a son with one of you’re guys, (looks at the demon) well not you’re guys, the Cynis guys guys, oh and he summons demons too, I met pointy, and does sorcery and stuff. He’s on a pirate island where you can’t do any violence on the island, but he rules the island now and he’s got a manse and he’s got a death ray, and he can fry boats that he doesn’t like from really far away. I think there are more of those two and they repel the wyld, but I Don’t know if there are more death rays. So I wouldn’t approach any islands that you Don’t know really well. They may have different things on other islands too. Jahar, lets see, Jahar has this thing where he talks, and there is stuff within that stuff, but he’s really saying something else, when he babbles about things that are unrelated, and it all comes out as one sentence, and it really doesn’t make a whole lot of sense. Like he will say ‘I have pants on that are for Workday, but they are slacks because it’s Frenzy day.’

The demon gets bored and cuts off one of A-Dom’s legs. Looks at it.

Horny: I know someone who would like this. (Looks at the cynis) Can I keep it? (The cynis nod)

The demon stuffs the leg behind her back, under her cloak, and it appears to disappear.

A-Dom: I hope it’s not a Yozi.

Horny: No.

A-Dom: You still want to go on about Jahar or you want to change subjects.

Horny: What do you find most painful? Let us visit that.

A-Dom: (false enthusiasm) Great. Yea... that would most likey be then, humiliation and or butt sex. Anything degrading, backflips, saying I should push a boat, having sex with a corpse in public, making me do things I Don’t like to do. Repedative things.

Horny: (to the Cynis) We’re going to need more corpses.

A-Dom: (actual enthusiasm) Yes! That’s a good idea!

Horny: (to Cynis) Possibly any violent sex types you have.

Tiger has been sneaking around the Cynis part of town, eventually sense A-Dom. However he can’t get an exact location of where he is. But he figures that A-Dom is inside a 5 building compound, and is likely above ground level.

Tiger wait’s for a servant to go out on an errand, then abducts them on their way back. He convinces (torturers) them into telling him what he was doing. After he finds out the person he abducted was a slave he ‘goes light’ on the torture. The slave went out to get milk, and was going back to Cynis Nopo. Tiger finds out how important or liked the slave is. Tiger then steals his cloths, ties him up, and leaves him someplace ‘where he will be found before he starves to death.’

Tiger sneaks into the compound disguised as the slave bringing the milk back. He easily gets past the guards.

Tiger gets inside the compound and can feel that A-Dom is inside a Manse with five towers. Tiger figures out that the Manse is related to Sorcery, and probably has magically shielded rooms in it. The towers also have no windows, and the towers have pointed roofs, not flat tops. So Tiger walks in through the main floor entrance between two braziers which spout green fire every once in a while.

Tiger activates all seeing sorcerers sight, to observer the braziers. He determines that they are essence vents, and they are not an active guardian system. If they are part of a defense system, they need to be activated by the controller of the manse.

Tiger enters a big entrance area. He entered from the north. There are double doors on the west, south and east wall.

A-Dom gets a sense that Tiger is ‘somewhere’ nearby and that he is lower then A-Dom is.

Ryan: I’ve always known Tiger is lower then me.

Tiger goes left. He looks at the door and notices they have slightly different essence flows. One is orange and one is pink. He carefully listens to each door and hears nothing. Tiger opens the door on the left. He finds a waiting parlor.

It’s a square room with double doors on each wall. Tiger decides to go to the edge of the building then follow the edge until he finds a stairway to a tower. However he realizes there is a door on the north wall of this room, but there are no other doors on the north exterior face of the building.

Dan: Now I feel compelled to destroy the building now just because I Don’t like how I think this works.

Tiger doesn’t step through into the Parlor. He closes the door and opens the door on the right. He sees a completely different room, a Kitchen. It is also square, with double doors on each wall. It also appears to be co-locational with the parlor.

Tiger goes to check the other side (west). He opens the right door and finds a guard room, with a number of guards in it.

Tiger: I have milk to take to the kitchen, but I Don’t know where that is. This place is confusing.

Guard: Come in here.

Tiger walks in, and the door closes on it’s own behind him. The guards take him to the left (south), through the right door, and he ends up in the kitchen. However Tiger can’t tell what side he’s on (but it’s the west die). The guards tell him to drop the milk off, and go back through the door he came through on the right side. As that will return to the main entrance.

Tiger thanks the guard. The guard goes across the room (east) and through the right hand door.

Tiger looks up the chimney in the kitchen, and doesn’t see sky. Tiger starts to wonder if A-Dom is worth this much irritation.

Tiger eventually figures out essence flow colors by poking through different doors. Pink is public areas, brown are transitional or causeways (halls, stairs, etc), orange doors are utility (kitchens, bathrooms, etc), and red are living areas (bed rooms, guard rooms, dinning rooms, etc).

Tiger starts going through brown doors. He finds a long corridor full of doors, with three other brown doors in it. He searches the brown doors until he finds a set of stairs that go up. At the top of the stairs he finds an archway, not a door.

Tiger looks in and sees an alchemy lab, that is square, with double doors on the other three walls. He finds sparkly brown, sparkly pink and sparkily orange doors. Tiger opens a sparkly orange door, and he sees an alchemy lab. He also sees the back of someone who looks... suspiciously like him.

Tiger grabs some supplies from the Alchemy room, so he has something to ‘deliver’ if he is caught by anyone. He grabs some ‘acid,’ and viscous goo, and a jar of eyeballs. He then tries to burn a book with the acid he’s found. He puts that acid down and tries to find better acid and tests all his likely acid until he actually finds acid.

Horny: Good News! We’ve found someone to watch you be tortured.

A-Dom: Oh, it needs to be witnessed?

Horny: Because you need to be humiliated.

A-Dom: Oh, yes, yes, yes, I’m with you now. But you already have two people watching this already.

Horny: But we wanted your mother to see this.

A-Dom: Of course... :):):):). (To Horney) That was a good one. I’m impressed. Was it you’re idea or the Dragon-Bloods?

Horny: Mine! They can’t come up with this kind of evil.

A-Dom: Good, congratulations, I’m impressed.

Horney: We will have to heal you a bit so you can survive the torture.

A-Dom: I once got healed by a Death Lord. It hurt like a mother:):):):)er.

A-Dom starts screaming as the demon heals him and it feels like lava running through his veins.

A-Dom: Oh... ahh... that?s some loving right there.

Horney starts to get ready to torture A-Dom some more.

A-Dom limit breaks.

Tiger opens another sparkly orange door. He can see a room with two archways and two double doors (one that he is looking through). One archway goes to a set of stairs, the other goes to a room from which he can hear A-Dom screaming. Tiger can also see the backs of two Cynis who are looking through the archway.

Liz: Maybe if you die, you’re mom will Exalt with you’re shard!

Ryan: You know you’re suppose to be on my side.

Tiger gets out his artifacts, including Diplomacy.

Tiger: I take it the Anathema is in there?

Cynis1: (without turning around) Oh yea. Getting ready to have some fun with him.

Tiger: Oh really, I guess I showed up just in time to rescue him then.

The two cynis turn around, Tiger waves at them, steps back threw the door slams it shut, then runs to the brown door and runs threw that before the Cynis can get into the room he is currently in. A very complicated chase starts in a non-linear space. Tiger’s plan is to double back to the room A-Dom is in. However, Tiger realizes that the doors change color after door has been opened and closed. Tiger however has the advantage, as he is looking for a place and the Cynis are looking for Tiger who is constantly moving.

A-Dom flexes all his muscles at once, then tries to slide out of his bonds really fast when he contracts them. He manages to get all the way out of the vines and freed his hands. His one leg is still attached to the torture table.

Dan: Flail around like Jar-Jar in Episode one.

Ryan: You’re not helping my case.

Liz: You should never really use a combat description with ‘like Jar-jar’ if you want it to work.

A-Dom hops off the table, and then picked up the table, then throws himself, and the table at the Dragon-Bloods in the room with him. However A-Dom totally misses (1 success on his attack).

Ryan: Am I nude? Why do I ask? I always end up nude when I limit break.

Tiger enters a storage room with a lot of stuff in it. Some of it looks familiar, like A-Dom’s armor, cloths, etc. Tiger stuffs everything he can into his backpack then starts looking for another orange door.

Horny: Why Don’t you come back inside the circle?

Of the two Dragon-Bloods in the room, one tries to run, and one tries to say and deal with A-Dom. A-Dom hops up and whacks the one that is going to fight him with the table, and misses (he is less proficient at flailing things attached to his leg then Jar-jar), then summons his club and swung the Dragon-Blood that is running. The Club hit’s the Dragon-Blood, but doesn’t take him down.

The courageous Dragon-Blood tries to grapple and throw A-Dom (not realizing how dumb this is). A-Dom counter attacks. The fleeing Dragon-Blood got away and closed the door. So A-Dom slams the Dragon-Blood in front of him into the door the other Dragon-Blood fled threw, hoping to destroy the door. Tiger, running towards an orange door, sees the door fly off it’s hinges as a body flies past him. Tiger also sees essence starting to sparkle around the doorway. Tiger then sees A-Dom smash the demon binding circle on the floor to free the demon (as A-Dom figures the Demon will kill people if it is freed). The entire floor falls away where the demon summoning circle was. The demon (with A-Dom's Leg) falls out the hole that was just created.

A-Dom looking down out the hole sees the city as if he were at the top of a very tall tower. Mortals running around like little ants.

Tiger: Are you ready to leave yet?

A-Dom jumps threw the hole in the floor giggling manically. The table still attached to his leg, goes with him. Tiger also notices the essence crackling in the building is getting worse. Tiger realizes the building is going to go kaboom if Gareth is not here, which he is not.

Tiger runs over to the hole and looks out, and sees the ground far below. So of course he jumps out. As he looks back he sees there is a hole in the middle of the air.

Tiger has a Past Life vision (due to a botch):
He remembers standing next to an incarnation of Gareth and someone else and seeing an explosion, possibly a building, way off in the distance.

Past Tiger: So how big will the explosion be?

Past Gareth: Two, three miles at the most.

The explosion rapidly approaches them.

Past Tiger: When should we start running?

Past Gareth: Two minutes ago.

Past Gareth and Past Tiger both turn and zoom off away from the explosion.

Ryan: I’m getting Yozi points. Totally.

A-Dom as he’s falling decides to collapse the area, by plowing threw the lower exterior of the manse, which is below him, and possibly continuing into the sewers. He smashes threw the top of the manse. He enters into three or four different room, at one time, it’s very confusing, and he blows threw that room too, and lands on the floor, which appears to be solid earth. A-Dom notices people outside, and has the overwhelming urge to kill. Instead of going threw the door, A-Dom hit’s the wall with his club and tries to hit the people outside, baseball style. He kills two people. A-Dom goes hoping out of the Manse, with the table still attached to his leg.

Tiger comes out of his vision as he takes a header into the ground. Luckily Tiger doesn’t take too much damage. Tiger sees the Manse appears to be ‘falling out of elsewhere’ into itself. He sees the essence flairs begin.

Tiger gains two points of Limit, as his rescue plan has been totally ruined.

A-Dom monkey leaps into the air, looking for mortals to smash. He sees the large residential area near the manse, jumps up again. On his way down he smashes the table into the mortals/ground, smashing the table into pieces. A-Dom begins attacking buildings trying to knock them over.

Tiger chases after A-Dom, and uses the power of his Manse and opens the Wyld Portal right in front of A-Dom as he is charging a building. A-Dom finds himself standing inside the Manse on Elemental Island (A-Dom did not activate IPP until he was on the other side). A-Dom turns around, sees the portal, and the people who he wants to kill, and tries to runs right back threw.

Tiger tries to jump threw portal (also without activating IPP). Tiger and A-Dom run into each other, in the middle of the Wyld Portal. Tiger attempts to do a flurry of attacks on A-Dom. A-Dom uses Counter Attack.

Massive rules lawyering about how the combat resolves takes a half hour to actually deal with this one exchange of blows. Many, many, many dice are rolled.

Tiger manages to knock A-Dom unconscious. A-Dom only manages to wound Tiger. Tiger lands inside the manse, grabs A-Doms ankles and drags him back into the manse one second before the portal closes.

Tiger drags A-Dom to one of the rooms and drops him on a bed.

Ryan: You know, Tiger is always around to knock people unconscious when they limit break. Clearly Tiger is causing us to limit break.

Ao the Overkitty

First Post
Session 56 - Mind if We Flashy-Thingy This?

Session 56

Synopsis of 10/01/07

Mind if We Flashy-Thingy This?
Subtitle: There are twenty different ways to get there, let’s discuss them all.
-By Ao the Overkitty

For the next six days, Gareth was horribly overworked. Each day was filled with rebuilding the city, learning a charm, trying to stabilize the city’s bureaucracy with Jade’s Luck’s help, healing Tiger, and getting to know his new wife. He found out her name was Gredel.

The short term plan was Jade’s Luck was learning Socialize Essence Flow, which would effectively allow her to mind:):):):) small groups of people. Tiger, A-dom, and Bianca moved ahead to Graynery to make sure things were going okay there.

A long discussion about how it would take to accomplish things and when they should meet up. Eventually, it was decided that the fastest way to do things was to ride the A-dom express to the Wretched Swamp.

After a long discussion, Tiger and A-dom ran to Graynery with Bianca riding A-dom. They found the town was more heavily armed than normal (extra two hundred guards), but no army was stationed here.

This was the part of Atlantis that Bianca was from, so she took the lead. The thing that stood out the most about her at this point was the two thugs she had with her. She looked around and saw that things were a little abnormal here, because of all the troops in town. The farmers appeared to be rather nervous and unhappy. She realized all of the guards were clearly from House Sessus, who were originally a very small part of this region.

She went around town and mingled. She found out that people were a bit peeved that Sessus had moved in and set prices, but everyone was confident they were going to sell everything this year. People were worried about the war in Atlantis and it sounded like it was still pretty chaotic there. Markus’ Gift had been taken over by slaves. People were worried that one of the other houses was going to come over and try to take over Graynery, which would go badly.

Back in Eastport, Gareth got to know a bit more about his wife. She had been a serving girl before. She had no highly abnormal interests for a commoner. She was a nice, little fifteen year old wife.

Jade’s Luck went about mind-:):):):)ing a magnitude three group of the leaders of the town and their lackeys to accept their rule as a good thing and help run things. And a very good job she did of it, too.

One day, a large line formed at Gareth’s door and said, So, you’re in charge. What should we be doing?

Gareth instructed them to keep the city running. They had been an import/export city, which wasn’t happening right now. He had them set up the shipyards for increased production. He set his wife in charge of a committee for city beautification. He then set up several urban projects and used previously collected taxes to pay for it. He activated Bureau-Rectifying Method for the reconstruction and committed the essence to it.

After the six days or so, A-dom and Bianca returned. It was made clear to the leaders by Jade’s Luck that she and Gareth were the ones who were in charge of the town, not the others.

Jade’s Luck: Do we want Jahar to educate the children?

Gareth & A-dom (and Dan): NO!

Dan: Those poor children!

Jade’s Luck and Gareth hopped on the A-dom express with Bianca and they stopped at the water manse. Jade’s Luck asked a water elemental to tell the hermit that she was here to see him.

The hermit swam out and got onto the shore, being perfectly dry. He asked how things went. She told him they had East Port pretty much under control and that they were headed for the Wretched Swamp now. She told him there would be kids later and asked how many he wished to instruct. He said no more than twenty five at a time. She said they hadn’t taken a census yet, but had five kids for sure. She said they had them doing urban renewal at the moment.

Jade’s Luck asked A-dom how Graynery was. He said it was okay, lots of Sessus, people fixing prices. They chatted a little more with the hermit. She asked him to keep an eye out for explosions and let them know. He wished Gareth many fat, happy children.

They then headed on the Wretched Swamp. On the way, they somehow got to talking about Dreary and his mittens. A-dom wondered how he got knitted artifacts. They cut around the butterfly fields of Flatfields.

A-dom stopped at the edge of the swamp and the others dismounted. A skeleton stood up and greeted them. They told him that they were headed for the Manse of a Thousand Empty Bottles and that they didn’t need a guide. When asked whom they should say is coming, A-dom said A-dom and Friends… Jahar’s acquaintances. A-dom praised Yew a short conversation about Yew was then had. A-dom mumbled something about storming another Solar’s town with an army of Undead.

Gareth: Another Solar’s town?

A-dom: What? You didn’t hear that. I mumbled.

Gareth: I can’t see. I can hear just fine.

Viney: Even I heard that.

There was a conversation about storing shiny things in eye sockets, whether Viney wanted a new master, and that bad things happen to those who don’t answer the questions. Viney pulled out a white jade and a green jade coin and put them in his eye sockets. Viney told A-dom it wasn’t advisable to sleep with the dead.

As they walked, A-dom noticed numbers floating in the air above the area where they knew the Wretched Tomb to be. The numbers were bluish and counting down (27.32.16.xx.xx). The last groups of numbers were hard to make out as the very last group were counting down very fast. Jade’s Luck commented that they must have something to do with A-dom’s Sentinels. A-dom took offense at that.

A-dom: Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa! Who said I owned these sentinels?

A-dom then remembered standing in front of the sentinels.

Wretch of Winter: These are MY Sentinels! And they’re going to do what I say! And they are going to wipe out ALL the nonbelievers!

A-dom: I have no direct control over these sentinels in this lifetime. They’re not mine, they’re Wretch’s.

Jade’s Luck (to Bianca): Are you touching him?

A-dom took a couple steps away from Bianca and waved his hand.

A-dom: Back off! We don’t know anything about these! Stop encouraging her to flashy-thingy me!

The rest of the trip to the Manse was uneventful. Gareth kept an eye out for Lowgar, but didn’t see him. They found the door to the Manse closed, so A-dom knocked. When a skeleton answered, it asked if they were A-dom and friends. A-dom answered affirmatively.

The skeleton stepped outside, closed the door, asked what the group’s religious affiliation was. A-dom responded Unconquered Sun. The skeleton then told them to wait a moment and went back inside.

After a little bit, the door swung open. At the door, they could see Lowgar, Ledaal Inthian (Jahar’s father), Cynis Pollus (Jahar’s stepfather), and one other dragon-blood the group didn’t recognize. All of the dragon-bloods were armed and armored, but not glowing. None of the Solars were armed or armored.

Gareth: We wish to discuss the current state of affairs on the island.

A-dom: We come in peace!

The dragon-bloods all looked at A-dom, then at the unrecognized dragon-blood.

Dragon-blood: The rest of them do, him (A-dom) not so much.

Jade’s Luck explained that, with A-dom, it was just a congenital state. She said he was permanently nonamiable and they were working around it. She got some funny looks for that one. A-dom stated that he mostly came for the pool, which got a nod from the dragon-blood. It was explained that he had pool envy.

A-dom then remembered lounging by the pool when the bottles were full and constantly spewing out alcoholic beverages. Lying by the pool in a year long stupor saying This is the best idea we ever had! I am NEVER giving up this Manse!

Once his eyes cleared, A-dom realized someone broke his manse. He immediately blamed Jade’s Luck. Gareth quickly tried to table that discussion for later. Jade’s Luck couldn’t help but make a retort, saying she was nineteen and couldn’t have possibly have done it. This led to A-dom bringing up how she was blaming him for the Sentinels.

Inthian: Wait, sentinels? Are they related to that number floating up there?

A-dom explained that everyone had twenty-seven years to convert to the Unconquered Sun or they die.

Inthian: Oooh.

The door then closed. They waited. Since they were alone, A-dom decided that this was a good time to reopen the argument about his broken manse.

Five minutes later, the door reopened and discussion on the current state of affairs on the island was begun. The brotherhood was currently on vacation. They had no idea how the war was going and no clue how their wives were doing. A-dom asked if they’d like to permanently not know how their wives were doing. Inthian said they were contractually obligated to say no.

Jade’s Luck asked if another contract could be entered into at another point. A-dom asked if the contracts could end when the wives ended. They got a resounding yes to that question.

Inthian: Please note I am contractually obligated to do nothing against MY wife.

Each member of the brotherhood repeated that phrase with the same emphasis. Gareth asked for a list of their wives. Jade’s Luck asked about the health of Jahar’s wife. They said they hadn’t heard anything since a quarter of the city exploded.

Jade’s Luck: Oooh. Excellent. Oh, I mean, that’s so sad.

Inthian was married to Sessus Weijin. Pollus was married Cynis Ledaal Doalanne. Lowgar was Memnon Dina. The fourth guy, Pelops Imak, was married to Isolis Edinin, who was not currently on the island. They found out she had at least one son on the island.

They found out that, one of the dragon-bloods knew exactly how their wife was going to be killed, they had to do the right and proper thing to protect them and the contract was probably supernatural. Jade’s Luck pointed out that Bianca could make a contract supernaturally binding.

Gareth: Things have gone horribly wrong on this island.

Jade’s Luck: Yeah, your wives are in charge.

Gareth: This is bad.

Pollus: We’re with you so far.

Jade’s Luck said that God told them the Circle was supposed to be in charge. A-dom added of Creation. When asked, they named the Unconquered Sun. Jade’s Luck said that a Heavenly Auditor told her how things were supposed to be working.

Gareth: Creation is supposed to be much bigger. A lot of things have gone wrong.

Inthian asked if they were sure they hadn’t been talking to demons. Gareth responded they had been to Heaven. Jade’s Luck added that they had also been to Malfeas and that they were very different places, so easy to tell apart. The dragon-bloods looked at Imak, who shrugged.

Lowgar: So, what do we get out of this?

Jade’s Luck said their personal lives would possibly be less burdensome.

Inthian: Oh, we’re pretty sure that, if we leave them out there long enough, only one of us would be married eventually.

Gareth pointed out that Atlantis would pretty much be destroyed in the time that would take and that was something the Circle didn’t want. Jade’s Luck explained that mortals were good and they liked them. A-dom let slip that the group had the controls for the island and could sink or raise it. Gareth said he was not going to sink the island. The dragon-bloods then had a discussion amongst themselves about how the island could sink and why anyone would make an island that could sink.

A-dom: Well, the idea is that we have a big city in the middle with our stuff, and we sink everything but our stuff, then we bring it back up and rebuild.

Imak: Why would you (Yew?) make such a city in the first place?

Jade’s Luck: Don’t ask me. I don’t know why I did it. I wasn’t alive then.

A-dom added that she had a hand in the swamp and their Manse, stating that she was once the Necromancer Yew. All of them took a step back from her. She stated that she didn’t remember any of that. Gareth added that they made sure she didn’t remember any of that. A-dom stated he was a little-Yew. The rest of the group denied that and told him to belt up.

Gareth stated that what they were looking for was allies. They could conquer easily, but they needed someone to help run the place when they were away. Jade’s Luck commented on needing to fix Spirit Courts and Celestial Bureaucracies.

The brotherhood asked what the group was offering. They could run things, but it wasn’t something they particularly enjoyed. Their wives were going to take care of themselves eventually; the group was just offering to speed up the process. A-dom said they could make it so no one was married, which was stated that that was only improving things marginally. Plus, it had the added bit that the Circle would then be in charge and they didn’t know what the Circle was like.

A-dom (nodding to the rest of the group there): They’re pretty nice.

Imak: I can’t really figure that one out.

Jade’s Luck: We annoy the crap out of him (A-dom).

Imak: Let’s see. Someone who claims to be trying to become like the Necromancer Yew, someone who was the Necromancer Yew, and some people who don’t talk much.

Gareth stated he had been talking a lot, which was countered by saying he hadn’t been giving them any information about what he was like. Imak said that Jade’s Luck and A-dom had only been demonstrating negative aspects so far.

A-dom: Well, he’s got a hole in his head. He’s married. He makes boats.

Bianca: I like mini-cows.

A-dom: She’s annoying.

Gareth: I’m a craftsman by trade. I’ve dealt with a few of you in the past, before my exaltation.

Dan: Tell them that, if they don’t help, things will get much, much worse.

Liz: So, we just need to demonstrate our incompetence?

Gareth: In the broad spectrum, we’re offering you the opportunity to help set Creation right and keep people alive and fight back the forces of the Wyld. Small spectrum…

A-dom: You can get Manses.

The brotherhood perked up at that comment. They said the Circle should have started with that.

A-dom: And if you don’t help, I might accidently blow up more.

Once again, everyone stopped and looked at A-dom.

Pollus: Sooooo. Quarter of the city, eh?

Gareth: A-dom, stop helping.

A-dom: I’m just pointing out, if they don’t help, things might go poorly.

Inthian then started into a three-year-old’s explanation of why one doesn’t want to hurt a manse.

A-dom: I was very very angry and they chopped off my leg. *pause* I got better.

Gareth: I am also a healer, so if you have any wounds…

A-dom: I think there is one part on all of them that needs to be healed. They seem to be missing testicles.

Gareth: A-dom! Stand over there!

Jade’s Luck admonished A-dom and told him, if he was going to fight, he needed to stand outside.

A-dom: I apologize. We could fight outside.

Jade’s Luck told him to do nonlethal, since they were trying to make friends. A-dom commented on never doing non-lethal before.

Two of the brotherhood wanted successive personal combats with A-dom. Jade’s Luck once again emphasized the need for non-lethal. She was asked if they really needed him.

Jade’s Luck: God gave him to us for some reason…

Gareth: And until we figure out what that reason was, we need to keep him.

Jade’s Luck suggested a drinking contest. The dragon-bloods perked up at that.

A-dom: I’ll go with a drinking contest. I’ll lose, but happily.

Inthian wanted a drinking contest against A-dom using nothing but Eastern Flower Wine. If he won, A-dom would agree to never insult anyone in the brotherhood again (which would be sealed by the group’s dealmaker). A-dom wanted it added that, if they provoked it, he was allowed to insult. A-dom defined provoke as standing in front of him and calling him a poopyhead. Jade’s Luck said instigation and stated that she was teaching A-dom manners and needed to state purposeful insults. They wouldn’t agree to that. A-dom accepted the terms.

Paul: A-dom, I’m not making rolls because I auto-succeed. You’re making rolls to see how far into their wine supply you go.

A-dom started out strong, but got progressive worse. After three hours of constant drinking, A-dom was the clear looser.

It was asked if this was all of the members of the brotherhood. They stated currently, but they had been considering adding Jahar to it. A-dom said Jahar was an Athema. Gareth corrected, saying Jahar was a Solar. Jade’s Luck kept feeding A-dom wine until he passed out.

Gareth stated they were offering Manses and artifacts. It was discussed that other dragon-bloods needed to survive as well, and they would need to be bribed with Manses and artifacts. Gareth and Jade’s Luck agreed to that, with the proviso that Manses needed for the operation of the island went to the Circle.

Jade’s Luck explained that they needed to convert people to the religion of the Unconquered Sun before the Sapphire Sentinels arrived. Gareth added that the number was a count down to when the Sentinels would finish wiping out the nonbelievers. He stated that the Sentinels were currently confused, since the world is a lot smaller and doesn’t look like it did when they were made. He added that, if his reading of the maps were correct, the closest one was to Atlantis, but it didn’t know it was near Atlantis yet. Inthian asked how the group knew that, if the Sentinels were connected to the Wretched Tomb, the Sentinels didn’t know where the Wretched Tomb was. Jade’s Luck admitted that they didn’t, which was why the conversion needed to happen as soon as possible. She went on to admit that they weren’t exactly sure what level of belief was needed, saying the level of belief may need to be quite high.

Many questions were asked about how the Sentinels determined belief. None were answers adequately

Pollus: What does the Unconquered Sun like?

Jade’s Luck: He likes conquering.

Pollus: Yeah, we’re good.

Jade’s Luck told them there was a Cathedral to him in the City of Yew and he liked people worshipping to him there. They didn’t like that the city was full of undead. Jade’s Luck stated that the undead didn’t attack the Circle when they were there. This led into a long discussion about Anathema and the dual nature of exalts. The dragon-bloods didn’t think the theory worked, since there was no other type of dragon-bloods. Jade’s Luck mentioned Mother:):):):)ers. Gareth correctly named the exalts as Sidereals.

Pollus, Inthian, & Imak: Sidereals.

Lowgar: Mother:):):):)ers.

Gareth was elated that they could remember the name.

Pollus: What do they look like?

Jade’s Luck: That’s the problem.

Pollus: How do we spot them?

Jade’s Luck: Exactly.

Gareth: We know they exist. That, in and of itself, probably pisses them off.

The group then went into discussing how Sidereals blended in and you only noticed them when they were gone. It was explained that Flatfields was a Sidereal’s doing. The brotherhood countered that that was five Anathema. Jade’s Luck explained that they were trying to stop the pots from exploding.

Inthian: Then why was one of them put in the Inn?

Jade’s Luck: Because Jahar is a moron. I love him dearly. He’s a great guy. But sometimes, sometimes…

Gareth: I specifically told him no, he was not taking it in there and to take it away from the city. When I turned my back, he did it anyway.

Jade’s Luck: Mortals and their stuff are fragile, so he tied it up like a present. Because he’s dumb. He’s just dumb.

Paul: I can’t wait for Gabe to read this.

Gareth: Apparently Jahar is happy, alone in his manse, doing whatever it is Jahar does when he is alone in his library.

Jade’s Luck then explained that that was why they couldn’t reach him when Jara was kidnapped.

Inthian (to Pollus): See, I told you he wouldn’t have gone and said Mission Accomplished. Totally not his style. He couldn’t have used that few words.

Gareth got Inthian aside to talk to him about where the other wives were. Pollus’ wife was in Atlantis, rallying what was remaining of House Cynis. Lowgar’s wife was also in Atlantis, trying to rally the remains of House Memmnon. Imak’s wife was not on the island. Gareth got good descriptions of each of these women, which he wrote down.

A-dom woke up to a bear liking his face. He saw he was next to the pool and considered rolling in. Jade’s Luck got his attention and made sure he knew he lost. He was okay with that. He just wanted a drinking contest. He was okay with things getting flashy-thingied, he just wanted to drink.

Jade’s Luck talked to Pollus and told him about what happened to her mother. He asked him who she might look to about that. He said it was probably the work of the Brotherhood of Horses Irrevocably Cleansing Anathema, which included of Jahar’s wife, his friend, and his sister. Inthian stated that he would prefer it if they didn’t kill one of his daughters. They weren’t amenable to the Circle’s reason, but possibly the ‘I’ll kill you if I have to’ reason.

A-dom, in his drunken stupor, brought up fixing the Manse. The dragon-bloods liked the Manse the way it was, since they all had Hearthstones.

A-dom remembered two things; there was one Hearthstone and the Manse was in the middle of a desert.

A-dom: Yeah, the Manse is broken. I think the piping is broken. S’why the animals are all big around here. They’re drinking Essence water.

Pursey then swallowed Bianca. The Circle then explained about Pursey.

A-dom: Soooo, are we agreed? What happened while I was unconscious?

Inthian: We’re willing to help you run things after you’ve taken over in exchange for the ability to distribute and assorted artifacts that will become liberated during that time, with the stipulation that you get all of the artifacts and Manses that have powers for the care take and running of the island.

Gareth helped them write up a nonaggression pact. It included the ability to have nonfatal duels and accidents. Three days later they ended up with a book full of rules.

Gareth: And this is how Abalon gets started…

Bianca is popped out and flashy-thingies the contract. She was then sucked back into Pursey.

Jade’s Luck eventually brought up the problems in Graynery. When told it was currently in control of House Sessus, Inthian said that, if anything went wrong, the soldiers would probably just torch the fields. So long as they thought everything was okay, they wouldn’t.

Gareth got details about Sessus Weijin from Lowgar. He built her up as a rather imposing foe, being over five hundred.

The brotherhood didn’t know anymore about the slave revolt, besides it not being a priority during the wars. A-dom continued to call the manse on Markus’ gift his manse.

A-dom (to brotherhood): You gave me booze. You’re my friends now.

Jade’s Luck: Sometimes being his friend is worse than being his enemy.

Ao the Overkitty

First Post
Session 57 - We need more shiny. Add goats.

Session 57

Synopsis of 10/08/07

Apparently He Didn’t Want to Sit Through Another Session of Bickering And Planning
Subtitle: We need more shiny. Add goats.
-By Ao the Overkitty

Tiger had been left at Graynery to keep an eye on things while the rest of the group was off negotiating with Jahar’s Father’s Brotherhood. He didn’t have an exact time the grouop would be returning, so he watched, ate and slept. He might have eaten some babies, we don’t know. He wouldn’t share that information anyway.

Tiger woke up to the sound of yelling and screaming. He stumbled out of his bed at the Inn to look around. His danger sense wasn’t going off, so there was no immediate danger to him. He looked out the window and saw fire in town. He saw demons walking along the streets. He saw two demons with seaweed stuck to them and dripping wet, like they just came out of the sea. From what he could see, he saw a couple of First Circle Demons and he thought he saw some Second Circle Demons.

He immediately hopped up on top of the Inn to get a better view. The fields and storehouses were on fire. It looked like the dragon-bloods plan of torching everything if they got attacked had been implemented. With All-Encompassing Sorcerer’s Sight, he saw three dragon-bloods buffing up and getting ready to block the path of the demons. He could see a row of demons just walking through town. He could see fifteen to twenty demons just walking around. They were mostly first circle with only a few second circle. It didn’t look like anyone was directing the demons.

Tiger decided he needed to buff up and ambush the demons. If need be, he felt confident he could run away from the demons. As he approached a group of demons, he could see a six-armed second circle demon in the center pull out a map of the island and look at it. The demon had all sorts of weird tools on a tool-belt around him.

Ryan: If they’re independent, I’m going to be pissed.

As Tiger charged forward, the six-armed demon turned to him and asked if something was wrong. Tiger quickly learned that they were a work detail dispatched to repair a Wyld Repelling Manse in the vicinity. The Foreman demon said that he needed all of his demons to complete the job and being attacked by dragon-bloods wasn’t in their contract.

Liz: Is Tiger Siderealy enough to make the fire not exist anymore?

Tiger had problems explaining to the demons that he needed help putting out the fires, because the fires were destroying the stuff mortals eat, and mortals needed to eat to keep from dying. The demons just didn’t care.

Tiger finally realized that there was lots of fire here and supposedly a manse in the area, so the manse might get destroyed and explode. He quickly peeked at the foreman’s map and saw that it was underneath the fields somewhere.

Tiger headed over towards the dragon-bloods. Well, dragon-blood. Only the commander was still alive. The commander looked like he only had a few wounds, but he was going toe-to-toe with a second circle demon, so things were likely going to go downhill for him quickly. The commander was yelling things like Begone Foul Demons while the demon was yelling something about Union Rules.

Tiger: They’re here to fix the Manse! Leave them alone and they won’t hurt anyone.

Everyone stopped and looked at him for three seconds with confused looks. Tiger took this opportunity to attack the dragon-blood. The dragon-blood determined that Tiger was clearly controlling the demons and must be stopped. The demons smashed the dragon-blood into goo, then walked over the body.

The Demon kicked over a building, looking around for the Manse, but just wasn’t seeing it. Tiger offered to assist in finding it. Looking at the map, he had seen no essence flows in that area. He explained to the Demon that the island had a lot of underground tunnels and that the manse might be underground. The Demon sent Bob, a mole-like demon, underground to investigate. Tiger took the demon’s map with him.

He went over the Foreman, who was drinking a cup of steaming liquid while standing over a body. He asked the Foreman to take his crew underground to stop scaring the populace. The Foreman said they’d move once they found the Manse. He didn’t want to go underground if he didn’t have to. A very glowy Tiger went into the Inn and found the Innkeeper and maid. He ordered them to get out of the Inn and take anyone else with them. The two fled out the back door. Tiger then asked the Demons to move into the Inn to wait until Bob got back. He explained what he had to the other demon about the lack of essence flows and underground, so the Foreman ordered everyone into the Inn until Bob got back.

Tiger went outside and found a group of soldiers, specifically commanders.

Tiger: If you leave the demons alone, they won’t attack you. You need to start putting out the fires!

He got some people in the crowd to agree with him, but the lieutenants told the others not to listen to the evil anathema.

Tiger: DO what I SAY or SUFFER!

The lieutenant attacked Tiger. When all was said and done, Tiger had twenty five alive people left listening to him. Tiger sent one of the living guys off to coordinate other people to start putting out the fires, since his presence was hindering the operation.

Soldier: Sure thing, Mister Anathema.

Tiger went back to the Inn to keep an eye on the demons.

While on their way back to Graynery, the A-dom, Gareth, and Jade’s Luck noticed the smoke from about four hundred miles away. Bianca noticed nothing, since she was in Pursey.

Jade’s Luck: Aww man!

Gareth: Damn it, Tiger!

Tiger (from way off stage): Not my fault!

Gareth: :):):):)ing Sidereals!

A-dom: Mother:):):):)ers! I agree.

Gareth: Mother:):):):)ing Sidereals.

A-dom: Mother:):):):)ing Mother:):):):)ers?

Back at the Inn, Bob got back. He told the Foreman that he found it and the place was all screwed up. They started talking about massive reconstructive landscaping to fix the problem; moving the river, getting rid of the fields, cliffs, buttes, etc.

Tiger gathered from this conversation that the essence flows were messed up at some point when someone did landscaping. To him, it looked like a whole bunch of Gareths standing around talking about building stuff.

As they got closer, the group could see the massive devastating. A-dom grabbed a large rock with plans to make a firebreak. Once they got to town, Jade’s Luck and Gareth monkey-leaped off while A-dom dragged the rock, creating a big ditch/fire break.

Jade’s Luck and Gareth didn’t see anyone on the streets that were alive. There were, in fact, a number of corpses.

Gareth took charge of the fire-brigade and made it efficient.

Jade’s Luck walked into the Inn to see Tiger and fifteen demons standing around talking. Tiger noticed her and quickly escorted her back outside to talk.

Jade’s Luck: So, what’s happening here?

Dan: Blah! Unless you want me to say it in character.

Liz: No, cause this way I learn more.

Paul: I love blah.

Jade’s Luck went to talk to a demon that was putting red Xs on houses. She found out that the river was being redirected at noon and they’d be taking down houses at 9am, but only the marked ones. Jade’s Luck decided they needed to do a massive relocation project.

Jade’s Luck found Gareth and took him aside to explain the short version of what was going on. She also let him know they had three hours before houses started coming down. Gareth agreed the town needed to be relocated.

Gareth: I have the perfect city for them!

Jade’s Luck: NooOoo! We don’t want people living with the Undead yet. We don’t know what it’ll do to them.

Gareth kept bringing up the good points of having more citizens in Yew. Jade’s Luck wasn’t having any of it.

Gareth: I’m looking them this way. If we’re going to move them, we’re just going to be moving them again later. Because it’s us. Lets just go for the end result now.

Jade’s Luck: I was thinking more of moving them to the next town.

Gareth: We haven’t conquered the next town yet.

They tabled the city of Yew discussion for now.

Jade’s Luck suggested Gareth just unbuild the buildings, move them, and rebuild them. Gareth suggested A-dom just pick up the buildings, move them, and he would then repair them once that was done.

During this conversation, Tiger went and found A-dom to explained what was going on. A-dom went looking for an entrance to the underground. Amazingly enough, he found a hole in the middle of the street.

A-dom: Wheee!

Tiger followed. Down below, they found the mole demon walking around, looking at stuff and making comments. A-dom dubbed him Moley, since he didn’t know its name was Bob. Or he didn’t care. He asked Moley where the Manse was and if it was in pieces or not.

Bob: It’s all there, its just not operational right now. No power.

A-dom asked if he could attune to it now or if he needed to wait for them to finish. He was told he needed to wait for it to be running to make a Hearthstone.

Bob: Do you like Buttes or Cliffs?

A-dom: Which is which?

Bob: A Butte is a beautiful thing. It is kind of like a cliff, but totally different.

A-dom voted for a butte, unless there was a wyld area near it, then cliff.

Bob pointed them towards the mane, but said there wasn’t much to see at the moment. A-dom and Tiger went in the direction of the Manse and soon agreed Bob was right.

Jade’s Luck and Gareth went to the Inn and found all of the tables had been pushed together and covered in maps. A lot of the maps made no sense at all and looked like they had been made by Jahar. Comments were made on them, like We need more shiny. Add goats and Mini-cow graveyard should be moved three feet to the left.

Jade’s Luck talked to the Foreman, asking him how far away they needed to move the town. The Foreman told them twenty four miles, but they had to leave the buildings with the brown Xs. The red Xs could go. They said they could give where new buildings could be built after they’re done, but there would be paperwork. The foreman gave a rough estimate of two months before they would complete the job.

Tiger suggested the first thing they should do is round up anyone who had escaped and stop them from bringing word to other towns. Jade’s Luck didn’t care about that, but the others agreed it was a good idea. When the Foreman heard there might be people coming to attack them, he ordered Scruffy to find some Human suits for them to wear. THEN Jade’s Luck thought it was a good idea to contain the escapees.

Tiger and A-dom were given the task of retrieving escapees while Gareth and Jade’s Luck evacuated people. After that was done, it was A-dom’s job to move the buildings with the red Xs. Jade’s Luck tried to inspire him, but he was having none of it.

A-dom: You can suck my exalted cock later. I don’t need this smoke blowing up my ass.

Gareth & Jade’s luck took their own sections of town, first moving the people in the red X houses to the brown Xs before moving everyone in a mass exodus.

Tiger and A-dom split up the ways out of town to more efficiently capture people. They were mildly disturbed that one dragon-blood was missing. They suspected he was a Sidereal. A-dom went on the road towards Atlantis and found about twenty farmers fleeing with two possible soldiers. A-dom ran ahead of them and stopped them.

Soldier: Are you a demon?

A-dom: No I’m a Solar.

The people stopped to discuss what that meant. A-dom told them to sht up and said he needed them to go back to Graynery. A-dom explained that the fire was out, that they were rebuilding part of town and the demons would be gone in two months. A-dom had to resort to violence. Pretty soon, he had a pile of unconscious farmers. He found two ‘medium’ tree and tied as many as he could to them. He then tied up the rest by the side of the road to come back for them later.

A-dom then ran back to town at normal speed. He lost a total of four people (two off each tree). Some ropes went up around necks, after all. A-dom saw where Jade’s Luck and Gareth were and planted the trees.

A-dom: These are your problem now.

Villagers yelled Anathema and started running away. Gareth and Jade’s Luck stopped them. Jade’s Luck projected calm. Gareth untied the people from the tree and saved the corpses for burial later. Jade’s Luck cleared up the other corpses for later, during the evacuation. They dubbed a brown X building ‘the morgue.’

A-dom went and carried the other four back.

A-dom (to the four): Don’t leave again. I’ll do worse!

Gareth and A-dom then set about moving the buildings. Gareth let A-dom know they didn’t have to remain whole, he could fix them later.

In the direction of Flatfields, Tiger found four farmers fleeing. He was less nice than A-dom when trying to convincing them. They ran in different directions. He knocked them out, tied them up, and then waited for them to wake up. When one of them woke up, he started screaming. Tiger ordered him to shut up, but he didn’t. Tiger pulled out his sword and started sharpening the blade. The guy shut up.

Tiger threatened the guy with much violence and insinuated death. He promised the demons were just doing some landscaping. They were just defending themselves. He got looked at like he was Jahar a lot. Tiger eventually force marched them back to town with their begrudging agreement.

Eventually Tiger ran into A-dom and asked him where the people were going. A-dom pointed it out to him while Tiger got them some water.

Chain-Gang Villager #2 (to A-dom): He broke my arm!

A-dom: You were able to tell me he broke your arm. That means he was nice.

Tiger asked A-dom to pick up the mortals and take them to Jade’s Luck so he could go on patrol. A-dom asked him if he could take the building he was carrying. When Tiger responded no, A-dom put down the building and picked up the tied together mortals and ran them to Jade’s Luck. He dropped them off and told her they were a gift from Tiger. She asked A-dom to relay to Gareth that there were people in need of medical attention. On his next pass, A-dom relayed that Gareth said he could fix them at the next town. Jade’s Luck found some townsfolk that had basic medical training to treat the wounded.

Tiger found one other guy while on patrol.

Once the group got the people transplanted, they discussed for a while about what they were going to do. Tiger felt they needed to stick around for the next two months to protect the demons. Gareth felt they really needed to strike Atlantis now. The quicker they take over, the sooner they don’t have to worry about the demons’ safety anymore. The group eventually decided they needed to take over as quickly as possible.

Tiger and A-dom took two days to check out things in Flatfields while Gareth and Jade’s Luck set up the people in the new town and quelled as much discontent as they could. They found no soldiers in Flatfields.

A full week after this all started, the people were settled and quelled.

A-dom: I like stabbing the dark. Especially with a club.

The entire group went and visited the unpowered Manse. It looked like a building within a large cavernous room. It was rather unimpressive unpowered. Also the doors didn’t work, so A-dom had to use strength charms to open them. They found weird, orchalchum structures in the first room (abstract art?). They found stone furniture in the second room with no doors going out. There was a big shaft (fifty feet up, forty feet across) in there. Tiger climbed up and found a couple more rooms that were living quarters. The rooms were connected, but there were no doors out of them.

A-dom: Okay. So I declare this, kind of a waste of time.

Last edited:

Ao the Overkitty

First Post
Session 58 - They Need Admiral Ackbar!

Session 58

Synopsis of 10/29/07

They Need Admiral Ackbar!
Subtitle: It’d Be Cool To Have a Shadowland There, Though.
Alternate Subtitle: We’ll Rule By the Teachings of the Great Baron Harkonan
-By Ao the Overkitty

When last we left the group, Gareth and Jade’s Luck were setting up the refugee camp for the good people of Graynery, keeping people calm and convincing people this was a good thing. A-dom and Tiger were scouting about for people getting away and bringing them back forcibly.

Since no one could remember if anything was left unresolved at Graynery, it was collectively decided nothing was and they went on about their business. The group was given a file number in Malfeas to look up by the Demon Repair Crew.

Ryan: Okay. We’ve established people over there. They’re fed, safe, been given jammies and tucked into bed.

Paul: Wow. Apparently A-dom is trying to go the extra mile by tucking everyone in at night.

Alex: The cute women need some extra tucking.

Paul: I need to mark on the calendar nine months from now, more of A-dom’s children born.

Liz: At least these ones will look normal.

Alex: Ish.

Comments were made about them at least not having their father involved in their lives.

A-dom/Ryan: I had two parental figures and look at me!

Paul commented that, if the children were really unlucky, they’d get to meet their father.

Tiger and A-dom headed off towards Atlantis to do reconnaissance. A-dom suggested they activate the ‘we’re not us’ charm and then the ‘they’re not looking for us’ charm, Because if we’re not us, who is going to be looking for us?

There were logistical problems with this plan and they discussed them for a while. It was decided that they just wouldn’t work together and would start apart. A-dom suggested Tiger took the important parts of Atlantis and he’d bumble around the other parts.

They went off their separate ways and charms to be someone else and look like someone else were used.

While they were gone, Gareth and Jade’s Luck worked to get what they could of the harvest done before the demons plowed it over. Bianca was puked out of Pursey, so Jade’s Luck caught her up to speed.

A-dom & Tiger were looking for power structure, troop level, where the troops currently were and where they were being deployed as well as where the women the group needed to kill were.

Ryan: Hold on. Can I talk to the Lizzy in your head that is helpful?

They found there were lots of troops in the Sessus area, Memmnon area, and Pelops area. There was a big ring of salt around the Cynis area and an unearthly glow at night.

Liz decided Dan wasn’t being treated equally with Ryan, so she gave him idiot child instructions too about not ‘eating’ the ghosts.

Peace appeared to have been made with Sessus Wejin in control of the city. She could normally be found in the governmental part of town running things.

A-dom noticed nothing else, so he headed back and reported. Jade’s Luck asked him if it looked like a Shadowland or not. He said he didn’t take a good look.

A-dom: It’d be cool to have a Shadowland there, though.

Gareth was dismayed a bit by the peace in the city.

Tiger: One assassination could change that.

A-dom: Gareth?

Tiger: Yes, assassinating Gareth would solve everything.

Jade’s Luck: Cause that worked so well before!

A-dom then remembered that he assassinated Gareth and started the war with Yew. This past life has not fully been shared with the group and was not recorded, so it cannot be transcribed here.

A-dom: Right. We’re not assassinating you.

Jade’s Luck: You didn’t assassinate Yew?

A-dom: No, I didn’t assassinate Yew. That wasn’t an assassination at all.

The group then discussed for a long time how they were going to go about assassinating people. They decided Jahar’s mother would be the best first target, since she is the most badass of the women. Tiger opted for assassinating her with backup. Gareth said it sounded like a bad idea but he felt she was the one to start with.

A-dom: Does anyone else know any of these women on the list?

*Silence*

A-dom: No?

Tiger remained silent.

Jade’s Luck: Uh, Tiger. Do we want to kill your mom?

A-dom (fake shock): What? His mom is on the list?

Tiger: Don’t know.

Gareth pointed out they had a contract to kill her.

A-dom: Yeah, that’s right. We’re contractually obligated to kill your mom. Sorry.

Tiger suggested they kill Jahar’s mother at night, when she’d be without her armor and sleeping.

A-dom: So, what do you want to do, mister assassin. You have more experience with this than I do. I just kill people at random.

Tiger decided that killing her in the house everyone was familiar with when she was least defensive was the best.

The group headed for Atlantis and, at the most opportune point, headed into the underground and under the city.

There was a long discussion about who was going along for the assassination. It had originally been decided that only Tiger and A-dom were going along. Eventually, it was decided everyone would go.

Jade’s Luck told Tiger that he knew the house the best and he was assassin boy, so everyone was deferring to him in this.

Dan sat there on the couch with a deer in headlights look.

Gareth: We’re :):):):)ed.

A-dom: We’re trying to build confidence here, damn it!

Tiger and A-dom snuck the others into a random room away from Jahar’s Mother’s room. Tiger and A-dom then snuck around finding her bedroom, which had two dragon-blood guards outside.

A-dom then realized that there would be no guards in the underworld and waved Tiger off. A-dom found two mirrors and led Tiger back to the others. He then explained that the plan was to go into the Underworld, walk into her room and return to Creation.

The group armed and armored up, then A-dom brought them to the Underworld.

Ryan: Anything here?

Paul: Couple of [ghosts] *garbled*.

Ryan: Goats or ghosts?

Paul: Ghosts. Yeah. A couple of goats wandering around going “I am so lost! I’m having a Baaaaaaaah’d day.”

A-dom asked the ghost what they were doing there. They said they were looking for someone to serve tea to. A-dom said he’d take some. They asked him if he had any tea to serve. Jade’s Luck pulled out some tea. The ghost served him tea and disappeared.

A-dom: Oh good. That’s my one good deed for the day. Lets meet some more ghosts.

The group then discussed tactics on killing her. After a long discussion, the group buffed up and A-dom cast his spell. The group then did their best to sneak through the mirror. Didn’t help, since she heard everyone.

The group saw someone in bed roll over and stand up taking a defensive stance, flinging the sheet up like a shield with something big and pointy underneath. The group coordinated their attacks. She managed to parry every single one of Tiger’s nine attacks.

About this point, Gareth realized they didn’t have an escape plan. Paul found this immensely funny.

Ryan: If I have enough motes, we can go through a mirror. I’m sure she has at least one.

Between the rest of the group, they managed to finish her off before she was able to attack.

Tiger heard one of the guards outside.

Guard: It’s the anathema like we were told. Run!

Tiger: We have to get out of here now!

He quickly looked around for a mirror, but couldn’t find any. The room was notably devoid of anything but the bed.

A-dom found a note at the foot of the bed and heard a humming noise.

Note: You may have the island now. -MF

A-dom: Run!

As Tiger kicked the door down, the bed exploded. A-dom took the brunt of the explosion, with Tiger and Jade’s Luck perfectly evading any damage. Gareth briefly tried to repair the damage, but it was quickly determined that the damage to the manse was in another part of the manse and this was just the outflow point. Tiger was already headed towards the outside. A brief discussion ensued of Jade’s Luck trying to get Tiger to come back and help fix the manse and Tiger yelling back at them to get out.

A-dom grabbed his teammates, the body, and the weapon and ran at racing hare method speed. Tiger hamstrung some dragon-bloods on his way out then matched A-dom’s speed. Jade’s Luck yelled at people to run away.

The group managed to get out as the building did a final, massive explosion. As they flew through the air, A-dom turned to Gareth.

A-dom: I’m sorry I killed you and started the war.

Bianca and A-dom were the only ones to receive Essence burns. As A-dom fell unconscious. They stopped skidding along the ground a couple of miles away.

The conscious members of the group saw various images of Sessus Weijin floating above the city.

Sessus Weijin Image: I have been slain by your new Anathema overlords. You’ll suffer under their rule until you can be freed by the Dragon-bloods. They will attempt to bend you with kind words and pretend to be peaceful caregivers. They are lying, evil Anathema. You must resist for the sake of your very souls.

A-dom: Step one, everyone gets muffins.

Jade’s Luck: No. Step one, we put A-dom in charge for a year. Step two, then Gareth and Jade’s Luck step in.

The group then figured out that Tiger needed to run the Resistance to their rule and have the religion of the resistance be the religion of the Unconquered Sun. Jade’s Luck thought they shouldn’t ever present themselves. Gareth felt they needed nominally take charge.

Ao the Overkitty

First Post
Session 59 - Tying Up Loosely Knitted Ends

Session 59

Synopsis of 11/19/07

Tying Up Loosely Knitted Ends
Subtitle: A-dom’s Gift to Atlantis.
-By Ao the Overkitty

With the destruction of the Cynis Manse sometime back, there had come to be a large population of ghosts within the dwindling city of Atlantis. Jade’s Luck and A-dom decided they needed to do something about the ghosts. The best thing they could think of was to do an occult ritual to send all of the ghosts to the Underworld permanently so that the ghosts wouldn’t be wandering about Creation scaring people. They spent a few days acquiring supplies needed for the ritual. Once this was completed, Tiger and Jade’s Luck helped A-dom perform the ritual. Unfortunately, A-dom double-botched.

Ryan: Bound to happen.

After they finished the ritual, they all thought things went swimmingly. A-dom figured that, since they did so well fixing the problem in the remains of the Cynis Compound, they’d toddle off to the Sessus compound to fix that one as well. As they walked along at night, Tiger noticed that buildings looked a little different. Parts of town they knew blew up were now there. Things were a lot darker than normal. Plus, the purple sun was a big clue they were now in the Underworld.

Jade’s Luck: I thought you needed a Shadowland to wander into the Underworld.

Tiger: Yeah, apparently… not.

A-dom: Yeah… you know that ritual? It may have gone awry. Whose got something shiny?

Tiger suggested they just wander back into the Shadowland and wait for day. While waiting there, they looked at the Cynis Manse from a short distance. It looked kind of cubist.

When day came, they wandered back out but found they were still in the Underworld.

A-dom: Okay, Plan B. Whose got something shiny?

A-dom began casting his travel between Creation and the Underworld spell. He found the necromantic energy around him felt much stronger than usual. When he finished the spell, he found they were still in the Underworld. A-dom surmised that, when he cast the ritual, he aligned themselves with Underworld energies. He figured they needed to wait until the ritual wore off. Thankfully, they are Solars, so that should only take them a week or two.

Meanwhile, Gareth had noticed that the others hadn’t returned from dealing with the ghosts. He breathed a sigh of relief and welcomed his little vacation. He put his alone time to good use and trained in charms to make people respect his authority.

The Underworld trio discussed what they should do for a week. A-dom suggested they could try and find Jahar’s Mother. Or maybe Jade’s Luck’s mother.

The tea house was populated by a lot of people who died there, but her mother wasn’t there. She was told that her mother had been there for a few days, but had moved on.

Tiger: Time for you to!

Tiger killed a random drunken ghost.

Jade’s Luck asked them why they weren’t moving on as well. A-dom asked them what they had left to do. When one of the ghosts said he wanted to win the annual fishing contest, Jade’s Luck suggested he go fishing in the Undead Sea. She was met by looks of shock and horror from all around.

A-dom: Water BAAAAAD here. It’s all black and scary looking. And there is stuff in it. BAAAAD stuff. Plus ghosts can’t pass rings of salt and, depending upon the salt concentration, they need a well sealed boat.

We’re going to skip over the long discussion about Tiger draining the blood of babies and leaving a trail of deflated baby corpses in his wake.

Eventually they asked around for Jahar’s Mother, but no one had seen her. Then A-dom got the idea to visit the Great Library, since it wouldn’t be a crater in the Underworld.

They found the door to the large building consisted of two gargoyles, whom A-dom greeted. The gargoyles told them they were not allowed in, since they were not on the list.

Gargoyle: No, I can’t show you the list. You always ask that.

A-dom: How do you know who I am? I was Markus the Mad!

Gargoyle: Your island is over there! *points*

A-dom ooo’d.

Jade’s Luck then asked if all of them weren’t on the list.

Gargoyle: Oh. You’re here.

The gargoyles then turned around and went into the wall. They could hear stone slabs moving on the other side of the door.

Jade’s Luck: I didn’t tell them who I was!

Alex: They recognized… Yew.

Jade’s Luck continued the building. The Great Library started sinking into the ground to get away from her.

With the Great Library a bust, they travelled to the City of Yew to visit their library. They found a barren plateau instead of a city there.

Jade’s Luck lamented about how annoyed she was about being held responsible for things she couldn’t remember and wasn’t even allowed to remember.

A-dom: Oh, incidentally, before I thought I was going to die… the last time. I apparently had killed one of Gareth’s past lives and started the war with Yew. I don’t remember all of the details, but there was the killing of the Gareth and a war was starting. Don’t remember who was the bad side.

Jade’s Luck wondered that, if she stayed away, the Library might let Tiger and A-dom talk to it. Seeing the Library still hadn’t come back up, A-dom said they didn’t need to worry about that this trip. Jade’s Luck suggested that she could wander down into the tunnels and scare it back up.

A-dom looked over at Markus’ Gift from afar. He saw the island was much bigger and it had a bog, fancy building in the center of it, which would be in the ocean in Creation. Weijin Island looked just like it did in Creation. They got into a discussion on plans to do something with that island to make it more interesting.

They spent the rest of the week training. Afterwards, they ventured back into the Cynis Compound and left during the day to find themselves back in Creation. The bad news was there was now a Shadowland in Atlantis city. The good news was the number of buildings in the city had just gone up.

A-dom: I don’t know how to fix a Shadowland yet, but I’m sure I will.

Jade’s Luck decided she needed to learn high level sorcery to fix the Shadowland.

While they were gone, Gareth tried to find the other dragon-blood wives they needed to kill. He did an impressive bit of investigation to find out that the dead wife was in fact dead and the other wives had mysteriously disappeared and/or fled. They didn’t leave by ship and there wasn’t any pomp and circumstance. Most of them left within three days of Jahar’s mother’s death. At least one person who worked at one of the houses described a short-tall guy who came right in before the mistress left.

Jade’s Luck suggested Tiger’s mentor would be a great guy to set up the rebellion. Tiger thought that they would be great at setting up the rebellion.

The group got around to letting Gareth know there was now a Shadowland in the city and Jade’s Luck asked if he could build a wall around it. He devised a plan to use Obsidian butterflies and salt to make the wall. He built A-dom a cart that could withstand moving at seventy miles an hour and be filled with sharp obsidian.

Jade’s Luck expressed a desire to island hop and make a quick trip to Heaven. Gareth expressed concern for her safety wandering around Heaven alone. He felt she’d be fine on any of the islands, but he was unsure about not going in numbers to Heaven and asked her to wait on that particular trip.

Tiger wandered off without telling anyone and started planning and forming the resistance to their occupation of the island. He did a very good job of making them very secretive, evil cult and focused on things other than actual opposition to the group. (He got a twenty six on his extended roll plan for the resistance and a ten on talking people into it). They had all sorts of false goals to chase, but they were very defensive and successful in that, so the Circle never heard of them.

On his first trip to Flatfields for obsidian, A-dom dropped Jade’s Luck off at the City of Yew so she could go island hopping.

Gareth realized that he wouldn’t have enough butterflies to finish the wall, so he would have to wait for more butterflies or finish it with another type of stone. He opted to have a mosaic section of the wall, so it would look different for a reason.

One day, while working on the Gatehouse, Gareth saw someone waving at him with big, colorful mittens.

Dreary greeted Gareth and inquired about the wall. Dreary said they had heard the group had gotten a Shadowland and had to come see. Gareth said it was A-dom’s fault. Dreary asked if they had any plans for it. Gareth said A-dom had plans for it. Dreary asked him to send A-dom by sometime and that he’d be staying at ‘that large, strange looking building over there’ (the Cynis Manse).

Eventually, A-dom wandered by to talk to Dreary. Dreary complimented A-dom on his Shadowland and asked how he did it. A-dom explained it kind of happened as a mistake.

A-dom: But you, know, its one of those things where the Unconquered Sun closes a door, but opens a window.

Dreary wrote that down. A-dom explained their plans were to first make the mortals more comfortable with it, hence the wall. Then they were going to see what they could do with the Manse and other things.

Dreary offered to get someone to come and run the Shadowland for them. Someone comfortable with it and could deal with the day to day trials for the group. A-dom begrudgingly said he should send someone and he would interview them and see if he liked them. He wanted to retain the ability to reject someone. Dreary okayed his staying there until they found someone, to make sure the ghosts were kept in order.

A-dom asked Dreary about his mittens. Dreary explained that this little old lady exalted and liked to knit, so she knit artifacts. He further explained that others didn’t want to use the artifacts, because they were knit. He didn’t understand why, since they were very comfy and kept you warm. Plus, they could make perfect snowballs appear out of thin air.

A-dom thought that was the best thing ever. A-dom took the snowball and chucked it at Gareth’s head. After wiping the snow off his head, neck and shoulders, Gareth ordered A-dom to come have a chat.

A-dom: Good news!

Gareth: You found snow.

A-dom explained that he got some information on the mittens, but also that Dreary had offered to stabilize things in the Shadowland for the group. He explained that the bad/crazy people would still be bad/crazy dead people and try to coax mortals over to their deaths.

Jade’s Luck dropped in on the Elemental Manse and the monkeys said everything was fine. They gave her a slice of lemon meringue pie before she popped over to Markus’ Gift to encourage planting and harvesting. She went through the portal at a time when no one was swimming. She had previously written a note to Wintersun asking if they could meet instead of just passing notes. This time, she found a note that she should light a torch on the tallest building in town and then wait on the southern most building in town.

She did that and, after waiting an hour, a bird flew over and turned into a person. She introduced herself and explained about the portal being in a bad spot and possibly moving the bathhouse. This conversation led to letting him know just what happened to Frank, the leader of the rebellion. She mentioned the Shadowland in passing, like it was normal conversation. She explained the lack of harvests on Atlantis and the massive depopulation that went on. He said they were working the fields again, but wouldn’t have much of a surplus. He said they’d have some to trade for other stuff they needed, but not much.

She mentioned the Manse that was liked to Jahar’s mother’s death and he said that could explain what happened on Markus’ Gift. Since the island used to be larger and have a Manse, if it was linked to the death of someone, that would explain where the Manse went.

She went on to explain about the note Jahar’s mother left and said they weren’t expecting dragon-blood reinforcements anytime soon. He said the hurricane probably helped with that too, but they would like to be able to go out fishing sometime. That would help with any famine problems. She said she’d have a talk with the guy who controlled it once she got back to Yew.

She asked him if he knew any really old Lunars, because she had some questions about stuff that happened before she was alive. Stuff like what happened to the Solars and the like.

When she mentioned that she used to be Yew, he shuffled away from her a bit.

Jade’s Luck: But I don’t remember any of that! A building ran away from me and I don’t understand and I WANT to understand!

Wintersun didn’t think it was his place to explain things like that. She said she just wanted someone old and wise and to ask them questions. He said he’d never had problems like that.

Wintersun said everything was good there and he’d ponder how to make the portal ‘safe.’

Finally it dawned on Jade’s Luck that they were in control of Atlantis now.

Wintersun asked what the group was planning on doing with the slaves on Atlantis, hinting they should free them. Jade’s Luck said she had never been in favor of slavery.

Wintersun: Excellent. Free the slaves now, save yourself from a revolt later.

She stated that she had some errands to run first. He said that she didn’t need to do it today and that it would take him at least a month to get a revolt going.

She showed him the portal, but he couldn’t see it. Ideas for what to put there after they move the pool were:
  • A Janitor’s Closet
  • A Bathroom with an out of order sign and a foul stench
  • An Archway
  • A Shrine

He said they’d work something out.

Jade’s Luck then popped over to Jahar’s island. He wasn’t around.

She popped over to A-dom’s island. Things were normal on the island, but there were lots of brown children, shark-eyed children, children with tusks and fangs. She made a list of their names. A lot of A-yuk, A-chuck, Uk-doms. She made sketches of each one.

Ryan: Ugly, ugly, ugly, keeper, ugly, ugly…

They said they’d have some food to trade.

Things on Spider Island were pretty much status quo.

She popped in on Hoen-ba. They were worried about the hurricane off the coast of Atlantis. She said she was going to make it go away in a week or so. They said they’d stop making sacrifices to the evil hurricane spirit then. They wouldn’t have extra food. They could give a bag of coconuts and that was about it.

She popped over to talk to Opec and ask him about spells to get rid of Shadowlands. She heard him clearly when he said he knew all of them that had been created before people stopped visiting him. She asked him why everyone was so scared of Yew. He explained that she popularized necromancy, took over Atlantis with it, and killed off her own Circle. Or, at least, tried to do the last one. He explained that he didn’t know any counters for necromancy.

Opec: Let me try to explain… No, I can’t. Necromancy is completely different for Sorcery, despite it being almost exactly the same.

Jade’s Luck: Wow. Is that why Jahar always sounds the way he does?

Opec: No. I think that’s genetic.

She told him she had some rocks in her pocket from Jahar. He told her to leave them around him. He said he’d think of something for her to bring him later in exchange for teaching her Sorcery later.

The skeleton waved at her. The skeleton gave her a description of the people that came by. It sounded like Jahar several times with different clothing.

Jade’s Luck then popped over to Abalone and made an appointment with the Lunar’s secretary. She didn’t really believe Gareth’s worries about going to Heaven alone. She waited six hours to meet him. She had to explain that she wanted to go to Heaven to find out about reincarnation and how to persuade ghosts to move on. She was asked to sign a contract to the effect that she was not trying to start necromancy. She agreed and he said the contract would be drawn up.

The contract:
  • She was not going to Heaven to learn necromancy
  • She was not in the employ of a Deathlord
  • Several other things that were entirely true about Jade’s Luck

She felt a sparkle after she signed it. She was then allowed to visit Heaven. She talked to the Lions. They decided she was there on business. They said she’d have to wait for a guide. While she waited, she asked if she was safe wandering around Heaven alone. When she was asked if she knew the laws, she said no, beyond being polite to people. The Lion then kind of explained the laws of heaven to her.

Rough explanation of the Laws of Heaven: Crime is determined by Essence. People with higher Essence are more important and therefore can do things to people with lower Essence. People with Essence less than three don’t count. They aren’t supernatural enough for Heaven to care. As someone with Essence four, Jade’s Luck counted as a person, though a very low ranking peon type person. So, if someone murders her on the street, it depends upon who kills her. However, she is a peon of a high essence god, so someone will have to send an apology note. And possibly owe a favor or a debt.

The Lions felt the likelihood of her getting murdered was fairly low if she was polite and stayed away from the god of Instant Death.

She asked about Mother:):):):)ers and said they seemed out to get her in Creation. She was told it wasn’t there job in Heaven. The Lion didn’t know what their job in Creation was, so he wasn’t concerned with it. When asked if it wasn’t anybody’s job in Heaven to murderize her (aka Solars) she was told no. The other Lion said it was their job, if she committed a crime. She asked for a list of crimes. She was handed a list. Number one on the list was No Stealing the Peaches of Immortality. It was a long list of fairly avoidable rules. She decided not to let A-dom know about the existence of the Peaches of Immortality.

Eventually the god of Stubbed Toes showed up to guide her. The god had eight legs. He said she wanted to talk to the Bureaucracy of Humanity. He said it was going to be a long walk and stubbed his toes often. She found out he was the god of people who were thankful for stubbing their toes.

GoST: There was this guy who stubbed his toe and didn’t show up for work. Then half the city blew up. I got money for that!

Talking to him, she found this as going to be a very long walk and involve a lot of paperwork (a weeks worth of walking each way). GoST mentioned the Well of Souls, which he said was a very, very long walk. He pointed out the bit of gold at the top of the Celestial mountain. He explained that it held all of the Souls. He didn’t know if it held all of the souls ever or what. She also found out that twenty two people were stubbing their toes at that instant, but none were thankful. He easily convinced her that a four to five hour walk to talk to the Unconquered Sun would be quicker.

The Unconquered Sun tried to summarize how reincarnation worked.

US: If the soul goes into Lethe, then they go into the Well of Souls and will be reborn. Then, when somebody is born, the soul goes out of the Well of Souls and into the person.

Jade’s Luck asked about the bad way to move on.

US: Someone theorized that there is something under the Underworld that sucks things in. And they would just go away there.

She asked if it was like when Tiger kills ghosts dead. The US said yes. When asked if that was a bad charm for him to use, US said it depended upon how it was used.

She then asked about when she got really, really mad. She explained the situation and mentioned the guy with the blue face. He didn’t really know anything about her getting mad, but said the guy with the blue face was a nice guy. He also said some people just needed to be killed. He emphasized bringing people to Yew to pray to him.

Jade’s Luck wandered back and thanked everyone that was helpful to her. She stepped back into Creation and realized the piece of paper with the laws on it was gone. She tried jotting down as many as she could remember. She got a lot of the important ones,

• Don’t steal the Peaches of Immortality
  • Don’t insult higher essence beings
  • Don’t get in the way of a messenger of Heaven
  • Don’t impede an investigation by the Golden Lions

She was pretty sure she was mangling the ones she thought were less important.

She then went back to Elemental Island and went to check on the families. They were harvesting from the forest and the roofs didn’t leak. And the weird rain cloud came by once a day. They were freaked out by the plates of muffins that mysteriously appeared. They never got raw food; always cooked or prepared in some way. They found it very weird.

The tribal village was doing fine and had fish to trade.

Jade’s Luck went back to Yew and looked around for a running A-dom.

During her time gone, A-dom received a thank you note from the Bodhisattva.

Not seeing one, she stood on a tall building in Yew and flared her anima to get their attention.

A-dom (to Tiger): You want to, or should I?

Tiger shrugged.

A-dom ran off to collect Jade’s Luck. He didn’t bother stopping as her grabbed her. He made a wide turn and started heading back to Atlantis.

Jade’s Luck: So, we need to abolish slavery.

A-dom: Everywhere?

Jade’s Luck explained about Wintersun and taking down the hurricane. A-dom made another wide turn and headed to the Lake Manse. A-dom made a screeching noise and splashed the water a little.

Jade’s Luck talked to the dragon-blood. She told him he could go back to harassing pirates. It rained very briefly over Atlantis as the hurricane shot off.

A-dom: Those are going to be some very sad, confused pirates.

She asked about the children and he said they were being taken care of and were fine. She thanked him and then headed back to Atlantis.

At this point, Paul asked the group what else they wanted to do for the night and walked out of the room. When he got back, he asked for their answer. Ryan told him nothing. Paul was happy. Then Liz started roleplaying again. Paul was sad.

Paul (to Ryan): Liar.

Once back in Atlantis and together, Jade’s Luck handed A-dom the sketches of his children.

A-dom: Wow, those are ugly.

She relayed the information from her travels. She gave A-dom a very truncated list of rules in Heaven and mentioned the Well of Souls to him. She hasn’t learned.

She told Tiger and Gareth a longer list of the rules. She only told Gareth about the Peaches of Immortality.

When told about the abolition of slavery, Gareth got to work on it right then. He created a ‘New Deal’ to make sure the process would be as smooth as possible and not let people starve or go without jobs. He bureaucratized the :):):):) out of it.

Alex: I’m one charm and a specialty away from being able to convert people.

Liz: What are we converting them to?

Alex: The religion of the Unconquered Sun.

Liz: Which is?

Alex: Fuzzy.

Jade’s Luck told A-dom that Opec told her he could teach her to get rid of the Shadowland. A-dom told her that Dreary was there and showed her the thank you note.

A-dom: Dreary is keeping the crazies in. There was no handshake. There was no woogie-woogie. There was no magical thing. I didn’t touch Dreary. All I did was accept a snowball from him. That may have screwed me over, for all I know.

They finally got around to telling Gareth about the incident at the Library. Gareth laughed for a good minute.

Jade’s Luck: Oh, yeah, even though I wasn’t me at the time, I want to say I’m sorry for trying to kill the Circle.

Gareth (gesturing towards A-dom): He’s Mii.

Tiger: He really doesn’t exist.

Gareth: We don’t know is Hee exists or not. We just know Mii doesn’t.

Paul: We need to find someone new to run a game for us. We won’t tell him this, but we’ll show up. One character will be named Yew. One will be named Mii. One named Eye. One named Hymn. One will be named Herr.

Liz: and we’ll make that person cry in the first five minutes of running the game.

Alex: No, because the person we’ll get to run it is Gabe. Why is the bad guy.

Paul: Who, What, When, Where, Why, He, She are the bad guys.

Ryan: That’s a great idea for a oneshot.

Tiger eventually explained that he created the Resistance.

End of First Story

Remove ads