R2: Rats in a Maze [Manzanita judging]

Dungannon

First Post
Patlin said:
ooc: Con Check? Not a Fortitude Save? OK, here it is:

Con Check (with reduced Con from disease) (1d20+1=10)

If it was a fortitude save, the result would be 6 points higher, btw.
ooc: Doh! Yeah, it's a Fort save. So that would give you a 16, right?
Patlin said:
ooc: By the way, with the reduced con score and after the healing, Tor's hit points are currently 25/40. If Aden makes his heal checks, Tor will be back to 44/44 in the morning.
ooc: I have Tor at 29/44 right now, after Metrius' CLW. A full day & night under Aden's care will indeed bring him to full.
Patlin said:
ooc: By the way, if Aden is any good he can probably succeed on all the checks by taking 10.
ooc: Yes, he can, but you weren't under his care until this afternoon so you had to make your own save roll for today. :)

Patlin

Explorer
Dungannon said:
ooc: Doh! Yeah, it's a Fort save. So that would give you a 16, right?

ooc: I have Tor at 29/44 right now, after Metrius' CLW. A full day & night under Aden's care will indeed bring him to full.

ooc: Yes, he can, but you weren't under his care until this afternoon so you had to make your own save roll for today. :)

ooc: 16, yes. Tor's very good at fortitude saves. :) The 25/40 reflects the con damage dropping his maximum hp by 4, with his damage remaining constant. Only matters if we get attacked before the healing is complete! :)

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
After he and Gideon return from the Temple, Fimble spends the day scribbling in his spellbook. Apparently something the battle with the rats has inspired him, and he feels as though he is on the edge of an intuitive understanding of magic. A few times throughout the day, his voice can be heard echoing softly in strange locations throughout the room. And strangely, to everyone in the room Fimble seems just slightly more friendly and helpful and good. He works into the evening, once getting up to grab a bite to eat downstairs and converse with his companions, but mostly he focuses on his work. Finally, he finishes what he's writing with a flourish and slams his spellbook closed. He pounds it twice with his little fist and shouts, "There! It's done! I've been working on those spells since I came from Fallon, and only just now have I got the hang of them! I have a feeling this week is going to be very productive." He collapses into bed, his mind exhausted.

In the morning he's up at the crack of dawn, reading his spell book again. He reads intently for about an hour, and then goes downstairs with the others for breakfast. "It's so elementary now, I can't imagine why I couldn't get it before!" He's clearly very excited. He babbles to Babette about how he thinks he might be on the verge of understanding a whole new level of arcana. "It'll take some time, though. I'll think about it when we're... you know. I don't know what it was last time, maybe something about how sounds echoed off the walls down there... Whatever it was, it really made things clear." He also discusses his combat tactics with Gideon and Tor. They give him some basic tips on how to use a crossbow in combat (as opposed to just firing at a stationary target, which is all Fimble did back home). He whispers, "Oh, now that makes sense!" at some offhand tactical suggestion by Tor, who chuckles at the novice wizard and his poor grasp of fighting.

OOC: Level up! 13HP, +1BAB. New spells added to Fimble's grimoire: ventriloquism and charm person. New prepared spells:

Prepared: (4+1/3+1) (Bonus illusion spell) *Gnome ability
0: Light x2, Mage Hand, Detect Magic, (Ghost Sound), *Prestidigitation, *Ghost Sound, *Dancing Lights
1: Charm Person x2, Mage Armor, (Color Spray)

Dungannon

First Post
Metrius ask Aden if there's a House of Ulura in Ravensdale. "A small one, but yes." Aden gives the cleric directions.

"I believe I will spend the night with my God, that way there will be room for Aden to do his job." Metrius grabs his gear and heads off.

ooc: Let me know when your updated characters are posted, please. :)

Patlin

Explorer
ooc: Tor won't be levelling yet, though he will once we get the time xp. Just as well, cuts down the level gap for the time being. He's up for a sorceror level next, as his inner Dragon continues to assert itself.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Fimble McGee, Gnome Illusionist

Addendum: Before they left for the day, Fimble asked everybody if they wanted an Alchemist's Fire, to fend off any more rats the group might encounter. "They're rather simple to make, I can throw together two in a day. Just tell me before we go so I can pick up the materials at the market."

While they were in the market place, Fimble made a few purchases:

2 CLW potions (50gp)
10 regular crossbow bolts (1gp)
And maybe... [ Alchemist’s Fire raw materials (1/3 of 20gp = 6.67gp) ]

If anybody requests an Alchemist's Fire, Fimble will take 10 on his check (10+10=20, against DC 20).

OOC: I'm not savvy with the Craft Points rules, in fact, they boggle me. So correct me if I'm wrong on any point.

EDIT: Nobody took Fimble up on his offer.

Last edited:

Heckler

First Post
ooc: Babette approved for level 2

ooc2: During the downtime, Babette would also like to buy a set of bolts.

Last edited:

Remove ads