Oh no Conan just DIDNT!

Larcen

Explorer
I just watched the Conan O' Brien show in horror as some nerdish guy called out "I play Dungeons and Dragons" on stage, and was then carried out by two guys giving him a wedgie!

ARGHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Dog Moon

Adventurer
I wonder why someone would think that's funny... no matter who the wedgied person is [and no matter what they call out].

Hairfoot

First Post
Nice way to deal with stereotypes. Maybe in a future episode he'll have a cheerleader carried off by two date-rapists in football gear.

ForceUser

Explorer
I think you guys are taking this a tad too seriously. We are geeks, right? Right.

I'll let you in on a little secret: D&D will never be a "cool" hobby. We pretend to be elves, people.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Hairfoot said:
Nice way to deal with stereotypes. Maybe in a future episode he'll have a cheerleader carried off by two date-rapists in football gear.

Or two aliens. You know how much they like our cheerleaders. ;)

silvereyes

First Post
You expected something more mature on the show that has a m*******ting bear, the insulting comic dog, and a barfing kermit?

Please for the love of your sanity turn the show off before he hits a Michael Jackson joke. It's just gonna be way to harsh for you.

But on the upside, you know one show that you don't want to watch. :)

ForceUser

Explorer
Dog Moon said:
Speak for yourself. I would NEVER pretend to be an Elf.
If you have ever pretended to be anything other than a normal human living a mundane existence, then you're covered by the statement. :p

Larcen

Explorer
silvereyes said:
You expected something more mature on the show that has a m*******ting bear, the insulting comic dog, and a barfing kermit?

Please for the love of your sanity turn the show off before he hits a Michael Jackson joke. It's just gonna be way to harsh for you.

But on the upside, you know one show that you don't want to watch. :)

Haha..right. But for the record, I am not offended in any way. I don't even like the Conan show. No clue why it was on my TV. :confused:

I am just upset cause our hobby doesn't need this kind of publicity and was hoping it died out with the 80s. It was more of a "oh no..here we go AGAIN" reaction. :\

Hairfoot

First Post
ForceUser said:
If you have ever pretended to be anything other than a normal human living a mundane existence, then you're covered by the statement.
Up to and including every actor, ever?

I don't pretend to be an elf any more than JK Rowling pretends to be a teenage wizard.

Remove ads