Oh no Conan just DIDNT!

Sejs

First Post
Man alive, seems like some folks need to grow a little thicker skin. I mean c'mon folks, if we can't laugh at ourselves, who can we laugh at?

silvereyes

First Post
Cool.

Well as I see it, we are seen as wimps instead of evil. In my book that's a move in the right direction. Not as far as I'd like, but this I can live with.

Mind you the odds are that the best that we're gonna be able to pull off is to challenge the book clubs in membership numbers. We're just too quirky a hobby to really go mainstream.

Agamon

Adventurer
Oh brother. It's freakin' Conan, people. You actually expect mature, openmindedness?? I missed it, but I bet I'd have found it funny.

And if you find that insulting, you should hear what sports talk show host Jim Rome and his listeners have to say about D&D players. Now that I can't decide if I should be insulted or entertained, but in the end I can't help but laugh.

Ranger REG

Explorer
Sejs said:
Man alive, seems like some folks need to grow a little thicker skin. I mean c'mon folks, if we can't laugh at ourselves, who can we laugh at?
Taylor Hicks, and those who voted for him as this season's American Idol.

(I apologize if I'm referring to the lovely lady callers from retirement homes and villages across the nation.)

:] :] :] :]

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Sejs said:

Personally, it's the way that gamers were made fun of, not the fact that we're made fun of. I mean seriously, wedgies? Wedgies aren't funny anymore...

painandgreed

First Post
We need to create a monster or a stereotypical BBEG named Conan O'Brien and publish it far and wide so that gamers everywhere can thwart their plans or kill him.

Fieari

Explorer
Sejs said:
According to The Geek Hierarchy, we can laugh at LARPers, 13-year old gamers of any sort, people who buy expensive "replicas" of fantasy swords, comic book fans who read only X-men spin offs, pokemon fans over the age of six, people who refer to a group of TV show based books as "My collection", erotic fanfic writers who put themselves in the story, people who alter scans of sexy models to make them look like superheroes, trekkies who get married in Klingon garb, furries, erotic furries, and people who write erotic versions of Star Trek where all the characters are furries, like Kirk is an ocelot or something, and they put a furry version of themselves as the star of the story.

Remove ads