Maps for my campaign setting...

Arnwyn

First Post
That is indeed very impressive. Exactly the kind of maps that I love.

It even printed a reasonably light shade (ie. it didn't print overly dark, which a lot of color maps seem to have a problem with) on the laser printer, so I very much appreciate that.

Nice. There's a slightly high degree of uniformity among your shapes, but the overall effect is pleasing. You've got some interesting terrain in there (canyon, among others.) I liked the name art in the corner - did you do the border that looks like a fantasy alphabet?

gunter uxbridge

First Post
Thanks for the nice remarks.

The name plate in the corner was done in paintshop. The "fantasy alphabet" was made freehand with calligraqphy brushes done at different angles. No rhyme or reason, I just made shapes that looked nice. However, I just noticed that the top and bottom runes are identical. I should probably change them around a bit.

As far as the uniformity of the image, I would agree and I am OK with it. I spliced together little bits of images from an old map I had done in Campaign Cartographer (most notably the trees) and just did a lot of pasting. The end result works for me.

Mister Mojo

First Post
I have to ask...is there an old burying ground with which the characters can effect tainted resurrections tucked away in Little God Swamp?

Remove ads