The Last Gods - In Game - The Candlelight Avengers

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Jharvym will not let Azrim grab the sack or upend it. He's been waiting to open it himself and watching it while Kori casts her divinations. If necessary, he will Hustle and Dimension Leap, thus appearing and disappearing in the blink of an eye)

Fenris

Adventurer
OOC: I think D20Dazza will leave us hanging until we kill each other trying to open the bag.

Kerin frowns at his muttering companion and mumbles something regarding fools and saving.

He then satnds up and watches the give and take as his friends quarrel over the bag.

And so the universe is destroyed by over-inflated egoes and lack of courtesy he sadly thinks. Kerin walks away from the fire, the bag and the brewing fight into the darkening night. He sits upon a log outside the ring of light cast by the fire. From there he watches the events unfold.

In a minute I am going to make them all wrestle for the privalege he thinks with a grin. I suppose I ought to be glad that they are all so willing to throw themseleves into this cause, but I fear their own sense of purpose, self-importance, and selfishness are the root causes of this behaviour. It is as though a spell of greed were cast upon them he sighs.

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
(OOC: Jharvym will not let Azrim grab the sack or upend it. He's been waiting to open it himself and watching it while Kori casts her divinations. If necessary, he will Hustle and Dimension Leap, thus appearing and disappearing in the blink of an eye)
As Azrim reaches for the sack he finally takes note that it has already be swiped by Jharvym, finally taking stock of the situation he notes the others interest in the contents, shrugging his shoulders slightly, he scowls at the others "Whats the hold up for, we don't have much time to find and kill Azreal you know"

D20Dazza

Explorer
Act 1 - The Leather Bag

Time seems to stand still as the seconds silently tick past and the enormity of the Gods request hits home. Your eyes follow what is left of the God as the biting winter wind starts to blow the dust across the clearing. Suddenly, there is an explosion of sound and movement as first Damien and then Azrin grab at the leather bag.

"Hold there Damien, we doth not know what perils may lie within. I would not care to have lost such a fine companion to a bag of tricks, thus pass it to me and I shall brave what is within." says Lord Turin, his seemingly haughty voice booming across the clearing.

"Oh... sweet flames of night..." Kori murmurs as she rises to her feet. "Turin, please, no one doubts your bravery, but we have no idea what that creature was. I am as eager as you to prevent a tragedy of that magnitude, but we can take a moment or two to make sure all is as it appears to be," she says, gesturing for caution. She murmurs a bright word and passes her hand in front of her eyes, which turn silver as she invokes her spell of detection. "Show me the magics that brought Azrael here tonight, and what he gifts us with, spirits of air..."

"Like the last time you braved that chest? I think I can take care of this my friend." Damien says as he starts to examine the bag clutched firmly in his hand, Kori's voice becomes a barely heard drone in the background as he concentrates his attention on the leather bag.

"Yes, let's wait to hear the magic. And then if we think it isn't a trick, I'll open it after everyone else backs away. Damien may be more enterprising, and Turin, you are certainly more brave, but I can best survive a nasty surprise." Jharvym states firmly.

Kerin shakes his head and stalks away from the fire, finding a log to rest on he keeps his counsel to himself.

The remaining party members listen to Azrim's dissertation as the swashbuckler and the arcane caster concentrate on their tasks. The surprising thing is much of what Azrim says seems to make a weird sort of sense.

"Whats the hold up for? We don't have much time to find and kill Azreal you know" Azrim growls as the party waits for a verdict on the bag.

"Take note--Kori is still casting Divinations to determine the nature of what we have seen as best she can." Jharvym says, gently admonishing his dwarven companion.

Moments later, at almost the same time, the voices of Damien and Kori rise above the mumurings of the party "All clear".

Damien crouches down and gently tips the bag so that it's conents spill onto the ground beside the fire. A scroll falls to the ground first and starts to roll towards the fire before biing quickly scooped up by Athear. Next a plain, grey dagger falls heavily to the ground and then a large diamond settles beside it, catching the light from the fire and shining with a golden beauty.

[sblock=Damien]No traps mate, it's a leather bag, and not that well made - you'd expect better from a God[/sblock]

[sblock=Kori]The magic is a powerful conjuration type that seemed to be riddled with transmutation magic. As to Azreal you've heard stories of him, but they're all associated with little known cults that spend most of their time dancing in graveyards and digging up the dead. You know more than anyone else about him though and would be able to provide LR with the answer to his OOC question[/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
"A scroll, a dagger, and a diamond? How unusual," Jharvym looks over the scroll first to see if he can make out what is written, "We can make up guesses as to the use of the two other objects, but reading the scroll is most likely the next step. Perhaps it has better instructions, as this Azrael may have realised he wouldn't have much time and thus written down his longer message."

Bront

The man with the probe
"Or perhaps it's a spell," Damien says, picking up the empty bag, which hangs limply. "Kinda shabby for a god, don't you think? I could probably make something better."

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Yes, at worst, it will be a spell we need to cast. I am hoping it offers some instruction, however. I mean, we could make up our own uses for these if we want. Cast the spell on the scroll, stab Azrael with the dagger and watch him die--or is it undie?--, and sell the diamond to buy a new home for the starving orphans. But without directions, those aren't likely to be right."

Ferrix

Explorer
Turin shakes his head, he had only wanted to keep the others from any danger and they squabbled over the bag like children, "I doth believe that Kori would have utmost knowledge over such matters, and the lady should be given scroll, dagger and diamond for her examination. If you both doth quite your squabble, thou shall all be rendered what we must then perform." He looks sullenly at the two standing over the items, a kind of fatherly disappointment in his expression.

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Azrim watches in mute astonshment as the others discuss what is on the scroll "Moradins Beards, instead of endlessly discussing what may or may not be contained on the scroll how about you give it to Kori, Athear, Kerin and myself to examine," Azrim walks over and stands next to Kori and the others.

"As I've already explained it most likely contains plainly written instructions on what we need to do to find and kill Azreal, obviously the dagger is the tool to destroy Azreal, while the diamond is most likely allows us to either track him down, or transports us to him, either way we'll know once you hand it over"

Reaching up to carress his long flowing beard Azrim looks at the other thoughtfully "Also I'd be careful of handling the dagger and diamond too much if I were you, if they're indeed items of artifact level power, then they may have the means to control..." weak minded fools "those untutored in the magical arts"

Remove ads