The Last Gods - In Game - The Candlelight Avengers

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Moradins Beards, instead of endlessly discussing what may or may not be contained on the scroll how about you give it to Kori, Athear, Kerin and myself to examine,
(OOC: Because we may already know what's on the scroll from Jharvym or Damien's reading it, that's why ;) Dazza hasn't told us yet. Of course it'll be handed over immediately to the first person who asks for it if we can't read it)

"they may have the means to control those untutored in the magical arts"

*Jharvym rolls his eyes.*

"Of the seven of us, at least six have some sort of discipline as strong or stronger than the study of the arcane. A knight's honor, the power of the mind, a priest's faith in his deity...these are not to be taken lightly. You have seen us in battle, so do not be so quick to dismiss your allies' mettle."

Bront

The man with the probe
"If there're of that magnitude of power, it's possable any of us would have trouble controling them. We're all in this togeather, so no use gettin' all high and mighty on us," Damien says. "Besides, can't be much worse than those elven twins back in... well, let's just say there's worse things than controling artifacts. So if you're done, why don't you tell us what's on the scroll?"

D20Dazza

Explorer
Jharvym unfurls the scroll and clears his throat before beginning to read aloud.

I have chosen your group because I think you are the most likely to succeed in killing me. My past self hopes to journey to the Mausoleum of the Gods, avoiding the gaurdians placed on the path leading there, and reach the Lethie Archway, where the Gem of Oblivion rests.

When gods wish to die, they journey to the mausoleum and step though the archway. Their powers are stripped from them by the gem, and their souls are sent to their final reward. My past self plans to steal the godly powers accumulated within the gem.

The diamond I have left you will transport your group to the mausoleum if you crush it. Unfortunately, it's a one way trip. You must find you own way back, if you can.

I realise that this quest seems impossible, but do not despair. I have also left you a powerful weapon in the form of Reckoner. If you use the blade to attack while my past self is distracted fighting with the Lord of Death, you MAY be able to strike the decisive blow.

By now I've already begun my progress toward the Archway. You must hurry.

Silence again settles across the clearing as you absorb the scrolls words.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Yep, looks we were pretty much on the money then Azrim."

"So the question is, guys, are we ready for a little field trip to the land of the dead?"

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
"Yep, looks we were pretty much on the money then Azrim."

"So the question is, guys, are we ready for a little field trip to the land of the dead?"
"We neither have the choice nor the time to do otherwise" Picking up his backpack Azrim slips into the straps and readies his shield, "I'm ready"

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Let's try one way, and if that doesn't work, then we try a hammer. All ready?" Kori asks, and picks up the diamond. Assuming she has the okay, she gives the diamond a mighty squeeze.

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Just a second. In case this Lord of Death does not take well to visitors, we may wish to ready our long-lasting augmentation effects before using the diamond," Jharvym points out, a bit surprised that this time he was the one asking Kori to slow down.

Fenris

Adventurer
"Yes, a prudent precaution. Also we will want to be a bit closer to each other, holding hands even to ensure that we all are transported." adds Kerin with a just as unusual suggestion for preparation and caution.

Remove ads