di Senzio's Tournement: Arena - Backstage [El Jefe judging]

Velmont

First Post
Among the largest and oldest building of the city stands the arena in the northen district. This arena can accept easily two thousand persons confortably. In high events, there is seldom some wooden tribune added that allow the capacity to be raised over three thousand persons.

The arena have been build long time ago for the pleasure of the people. With time, a number of events died, following wars. In the last decade, the city have decided to restore the arena and some events starts to take place again. The council also have stated that they could use it to make important public annoncement to the population, but they never use that right.

The inside field of the arena cover an area of 40 feet by 80 feet. All the permanent tribune are made of stone and surround on three sides the field. The forth side is the entrance of the field with two large oak door, and over, the rich loge. Next to the arena is a building that connect directly to the arena and the two large oak doors. This building is used by the entertainers or competitors to prepare themselves before the show.

It is in this building that you go for the tournement. The streets near the arena are full of people, which is unusual for this part of the city. You've never seen so more people gathering in these small streets that aren't made to handle such a troup. A few merchant have installed stall here and there and try to sells food, drinks and trinkets. Many guards are place around the Arena and some are patrolling in the streets.

You enter the connex building of the arena. You see here over an hundread of contestant, for all the different contest. A man in front of you is tsanding. You recognize him as Reynold, the man who has taken your subscription. He looks around and smiles at you.

"Welcome to all of you. Thanks to have come to the opening ceremony. I know not everyone is there, and there is still chance to subscribe to some events, so expect to see more person during the contest. During this small ceremony, we will honor, Gliran, Chennet and Grendath, the three patron of this contest. We will honor you and explain the main rules for all contest. We will eter the heart of the arena in a few minutes, prepre yourself, the crowd is numerous."
[SBLOCK=Note about this "adventure"]This adventure is not an adventure as we are used to see it in LEW. It isn't: we find a group, we go there, we do that, we take our reward and we come back.

This adventure happen in Orussus, so anyone in the Red Dragon Inn can join up almost at any time. If you are in a contest, you will have the chance to do it. Between contest, there might happen things. You are watching the contest, there might happen things. You are in the streets of Orussus, taking advantage of the larger amount of merchant that have come to sell things suring the tournement, there might happen things.

I have three objective with this adventure:
  • Do a tournement.
  • Make Orussus more than a name, but a living city, where everyday (and not so every day) events happen.
  • Create thinsg around the character, and not an adventure plot. Which mean, if you haev a background, I'll try to use it. Most of them, will end to be roleplay only, but some will end with an open chance for a futur adventure. I like to see that the background is more than just a story to tell around a fire.
Even if I'll try to feed all players with something, it might happen that some times, I slow down so the timeline stay the same for everyone (I never know when I'll make people cross there path). If at one time, you have a IC chance to go back to the RDI and you want to (your character find the archery contest boring and want to take a drink, do to the RDI, why not. It's a fine place to take a drink, it,s free! ;) ) and by the same moment, you can do some publicity for the tournement.

Finally, if you want to join a contest, you can subscribe to it as long as it hasn't started for the category you want to join.[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

IcyCool

First Post
OOC: I just dropped by the subscription thread, and a few others look like they are there too. Once we get our replies there, I take it that we post here?

Knight Otu

First Post
Semabin hurries from the shop to the arena. "Sorry for being so late, this city is a bit like a maze. I take you are Mr. Reynold? If there's still time, I'd like to sig up for the duel, and if dance is an acceptable category, Performance."

Velmont

First Post
reynold climb down his stand as you approach him. "Sure, the is no problem with dance. All arts of the scene are welcome to join the Performance contest." He takes a quick look at you. "You seems someone who has seen more than his share of combat. I think you'll do a good contestant for the expert level. You would outclass the warrior in the novice category. For the performance, you'll have to choose, I am not good to evaluate that kind of art, and I won't be the one judging either. So where do you rpefer to go?"

IcyCool

First Post
Deos arrives at the arena, a bit out of breath. "Well, it's clear I won't be entering the race." He chuckles a bit, and after Semabin is done chatting with the man, Deos speaks up, "I'd like to sign up for the Archery contest, Conjuring contest, and Maze. I don't think my skill is much past novice or apprentice in these areas, but I will compete at whatever level you think best. Just let me know, and tell me how much I'll owe."

Knight Otu

First Post
"Sure, Expert for the duel sounds good. For the performance, I'd go with novice. That's 75 gold pieces, right?" Semabin smiles as he hands over the subscription fee.

Velmont

First Post
Reynold takes a looks at Deos and murmur somethings. Deos recognize it as a simple detect magic cantrip. "Welcome. For the conjuration duel, you have to be able to conjure a creature of any kind to battle. I know novice caster have a hard time on the duration of there spell, but we take acre of that matter. With the archery and the maze, that should do 75 gp." replies Reynold to Deos.

Heckler

First Post
Octavio

The swashbuckler hurries in, and seeing Reynold, crosses to him.

"Ah, my good man, it appears I have arrived in time. This is where I need to be, yes?"

Velmont

First Post
Reynold takes the payment of Deos and Semabin, each 75gp, and quickly count it. "Perfect, I'll make sure to informt the responsible of each of these events. Welcome to the Tournament."

Octavio arrive and spots Reynold, he approach him and ask his question. "Sure. We should enter the Arena in five or ten minutes, just letting the time for the crowd to enter the arena. There is a little ceremony and then, we starts the contest. We attributes the tools and material for the crafting contest, we starts the joust. The runners will go to the Roadwarden house on Fallon road. From there, they will run up to here, following the path we have marked. ANd finally, tonight, we start the performance contest. A big day await us." On that, Reynold nods and walk up to two men, one looks like a wizard and the other an artisan.

Animus

Explorer
Garrit Kelspire, Paladin 1 of Hyrag

A half-orc wearing armor walks in. He wears the symbol of Hyrag around his neck. "Garrit Kelspire, servant of the Lightbringer, is here to start the duel."

Remove ads